<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the examples and opinions about my friend. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for her that she has gotten some weight off and bet she feels great. I think I was just hung up on how fast it was, which to me appeared easy. Now I am actually just curious and may have to go in to see her (at my old workplace). Everyone has a decision with their own body and for me I choose to eat good food for fuel and great exercise for health and muscles! Can't wait to get in a good workout today, I am super motivated.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    had 2222cals today :) woo.

how are all you fellow food-lovers?

question, i've been thinking about it, i have a very small frame, should i build a little muscle? i love running though, would i still be able to run as long as i ate at a surplus?

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

question, i've been thinking about it, i have a very small frame, should i build a little muscle? i love running though, would i still be able to run as long as i ate at a surplus?

I have a small frame and a runner. You definitely should build some muscle! Weight lifting helps prevent running related injuries.

Hubby made me a homemade breakfast sandwiches (eggs, 1 oz of cheese and bagel thin). I went out and got us coffee. I need to hit the gym later. I need to lift one more time this week, not sure if I should do it today or tomorrow. I hate when the weight area is crowded and I can't get a bench. Today is chest, shoulders and inner thigh and calves. And some abs. Or I could do cardio. I really want to run, but this tendentious will not let up. I am doing all low impact cardio (elliptical and arc trainer) and my foot doesn't hurt while exercising but it just still just bothers me. I want to be able to run again! It is so frustrating.

Re: lap band.... I know how frustrating it can be to see somebody drop weight faster. You will get there and you will have more muscle in the long run! I was jealous of my friend who was 300+ after she lost 100 lbs from her gastric bypass and then when she past my weight I felt like crud. It made me want to work even harder.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

You might be able to run farther at a surplus. Surplus = extra energy! It doesn't have to be a big surplus. I'm seriously only looking to gain 5lbs or so in 6 months. That's about the expected rate for a woman to gain muscle and hopefully I'll gain as little as 0.3lbs of fat per pound of muscle. So 3-4lbs of muscle 1-2lbs of fat.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    13 miles today...2 sessions. 1 hour each. Feeling good. Had a 400 calorie breakfast between sessions. Awesome feeling this morning. Also going to do ripped in 30 for the last time this week. Should be a 2300-2400 calorie day but I'm not certain since I haven't logged it yet.

What are your workout plans for the day? Do you all find weekend workouts easier or harder to fit in? For me they are equal.
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    It isn't harder but I can't get my workout in the morning like I can during the week day. My husband wants to go exercise, kids have activities and we only have 1 car. Our gym doesn't have childcare so we have to take turns during the weekend.

I will end up going this afternoon, but apparently it is my husband's long gym day :grumble:
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Workouts can be harder on the weekends because of my kids schedules. Got a good one in before I leave today for a hockey game. Tomorrow will be tough. Leave at 6:15 am. He has two games and then a shooting clinic. Won't get home until after 9pm. Gong to try to do 30DS at 5am and then at least try to get a walk in during down time at the rink. I sweat a lot, so it's always a decision to work hard and be gross or go moderate and be able to stand near people. During the week when they are at school I can easily get them in during the day.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cristi!!

I've got my distance run planned for today (6.6 mi), just waiting for it to warm up a teeny bit more outside. Guess I should eat something since it'll be a while before I go. I ate some Wheaties Fuel this morning, anyone tried it? I got a sample at my last race & figured I'd give it a try this morning. It was way more sugary than I expected & I wasn't crazy about it. Cereal fail.

Then back home to do some laundry & shower to get ready for a dinner out with friends to celebrate a birthday. Should be fun! Starting my Spike Day at dinner so bring on the martinis!!!
    Options
    I will be aiming for 2300-2400 calories today. I logged my cleaning today..I was in the kitchen for about 45 minutes straight baking/cleaning/cooking and that's pretty rare for me. I have my activity level set at sedentary and I logged it as "light cleaning." So hopefully that's not an overestimation.

Headed to the store soon to grab some pumpkin. I have been going through it like crazy. I baked apple cinnamon muffins and a pumpkin cheesecake! So yummy!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!
    Weekend workouts are easier for me right now because we don't have morning activities like we do during the week. After the kids get fed, I get into my workout gear and march downstairs. Easy peasy. I got my 400 calorie burn so now I get to eat 2009. Whoo hoo! I've had a little crick in my right shoulder for a while now, probably something calcifying in the joint, but I am going to try lifting 10 pound weights during my post-DVD workout. I know that's just pancakes for some of the heavier lifters here, but I'm on the ground floor of weight lifting and have lots to learn. I hope everyone has a really good, happy eating Saturday!
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    I am definitely doing cardio today and strength training tomorrow. I have been kind of an eating machine today.
    Options
    I am definitely doing cardio today and strength training tomorrow. I have been kind of an eating machine today.
    me too and loving every minute of it! 2300-2500 today I guess. lol.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Weekends are much easier for me. It usually means double workouts, something in the morning or afternoon and something in the evening. During the week I'm too busy during the day, so my only time to work out is late at night. I love the weekends, especially when the weather is nice, then I can get outside and go for a bike ride or a run.

I've finally worked out my NROLFW schedule. Lifting on M, W, F and Bodyrock HIIT workouts on T, TH and S. I think Sunday will be my Yoga/Rest day
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

I was so hungry at lunch today! I had only planned on eating half of my personal pizza and saving the other half for tomorrow, but I ate nearly the entire thing. I always seem to be hungry the day after lifting though.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Weekend workouts for me happen in the morning, get it all done so that I can have the rest of the day to eat. Hehe
    During the week I workout after work, I love that, gives me something to look forward to after work and let's me vent my frustration!!

Yesterdays run was tough. We've been having really gusty winds here and I felt so defeated when every way I faced I had a head wind! Got a good burn on but walked more than I ran. I'm just not sure if running will ever be something that comes naturally to me, or that is easy. I suppose that's a good thing!

Stopped by the (only) organic living store in town yesterday too. Picked up some Panda Puffs as a friend in the US swears by them lol they are a bit weird but hubby has pretty much eaten them by the handful!! Also got some steel cut oats. Never tried these before so cooked them up this morning with a mix of water and milk then topped with almond butter and banana - oh my gosh they were so good! Think I've found my new obsession!! Need to figure out how to cook them in bulk, or in a faster way for week day mornings!!

Woke up in the middle of the night starving last night! Like painful hunger! So weird, it has never happened before and I ate over 2000 yesterday. Maybe TOM issues, or my metabolism is firing!!
    Hubby is hungover today lol he went out with his homebrew beer last night not realizing how potent it was lol!! I spent the night reading women's health, having a bath and watching a chick movie.... It was bliss!!

Rest day today so hubs is gonna light the fire and I'm gonna cook some goodies for during the week eats

Love and lollipops

Xx
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

8.5 mile run this morning, plus errands...now, I'm enjoying some down time with the fiance. He wants Chinese takeout for dinner :grumble:...not what I want for my treat meal, so while I may let myself have the egg roll, I'm gonna be getting my usual steamed shrimp w/broccoli -sauce on the side. I do, however, have a treat planned. Yesterday, at the local Dutch farmers market, I bought us indvidual whoopie pies from the bakery and I am SO EXCITED. Why waste my treat on takeout that I don't want when I can have amazing baked goods instead? Just checked the BB, and I am currently at about 2500 cals burned with 1200 eaten. Got some catching up to do! Probably won't even be able to eat them all today, but I may allow a little extra tomorrow. We'll see how that works.

Have a great day!
    Options
    at 2300 calories planned for today. I don't know if i should eat more though...I have 195 "remaining" but I'm not really hungry for much else.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i'd love to join up with you guys :flowerforyou:

i've recently added weights to my workouts, and i exercise a lot more often. i was netting an average of 1700, but i haven't felt like that's been enough lately, especially with all the activity. i manually raised my calorie goal to 1900 and i'll see how that works out for me :bigsmile:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    wow! Holy work-week, Batman!
    I have missed about 4 pages of this thread. :grumble:

Welcome to any new people I may have missed, and thanks to all of you who have added me (and any others are welcome too)!

I had 2 more days of gogogogogo with zero time to eat, so was below maintenance for 2 days running. Today, I had a shorter day at work, took my BodyMedia off, took a 3 hour nap, and ate at the buffet...
    I think I got sufficient rest and calories to make up for the last 2 days. :wink:
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I got my NROLFW workout done this morning. Hubby and I got to go to the gym together - a RARE event, but both of the kids went to a birthday party. It was really fun to workout around each other. I also did some intervals - they kick my *kitten*, but I really love them. I just think they're magic for fat burning. I do them on the treadmill with a 3.8 mph low and 10.5 mph high (that's just over a 5 minute mile!) I can't believe people run that fast for 26 miles! I'm definitely dying after 60 seconds.

Craft338 - Welcome and welcome to the world of weight lifting! It's such a great way to reach your goals...and as you've noticed a good excuse to eat more.

Shuntae - Those Whoopie pies sound amazing, especially homemade - great choice to spend your calories on. Good luck eating them all!

Psych - I think I've had to force myself to become a runner too. I really think some people were just made to do it. Either way, wind or no wind, running body or not, it just feels SO dang good when you're done. I find it also so rewarding to increase mileage, speed, etc. You should do a search on the board for steel cut oats - I've seen a few recipes floating around for crock pot recipes where you make a bunch and eat it all week. I haven't tried them yet, but really want to. Is there more texture? I'm not a fan of the texture/goopiness of oatmeal. Question - I've heard they're better than regular slow cooked oats, but I compared labels once and couldn't find one single difference nutritionally.

Agthorn - YUM!!! I think I'm making chicken tenders tonight. I've got a craving for some crunchy chicken - although, they don't get that crunchy in the oven! Pizza sounds really yummy too though - HMMMM. I guess I can't eat your other half. :tongue:

Scarlet - I'm anxious to hear what you think about New Rules!

Caveats - how's the storm? Utah, right? It's a whiteout here right now!

There is just too much to comment on! Sorry, I've got to get going on dinner and doing some organizing in the playroom, which might be my least favorite thing to do. Which, makes me think of Lucy - when you posted your daily schedule? I'm envious and amazed by your organization. I fly by the seat of my pants, that's for sure. I'm so disorganized and every time I try to get more organized, I end up failing. It's also glaringly obvious because my hubby is an Engineer and is over-the-top organized. Funny - I was going through some papers the other day and found some goals that my husband and I made during our pre-marriage counseling nearly 10 years ago. My two goals were: Exercise More and Get Organized. Well, I'm 1 for 2!!

Lucy - by the way - my daughter is on the spectrum. She's really high-functioning and I struggled with even getting someone to admit that it was a possibility, but we now have an IEP for her and she's getting a little extra help with her focus, social skills and the like.