Any 30-Day Shredders out there?

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing that all the biggest loser dvds and Jillian's dvds have the same exercises. I think I am done buying their dvds for a while unless they come up with something totally new. But I do want to say that I enjoy all of them. They are really good. I love cardio max, I do all the levels when I do it. Also power sculpt. Shred, of course, yesterday I did level 2, 3 and 1, in that order. I wear a HRM so I know how exactly how many calories I burn. I've heard some people log cardio max under circuit since they do a lot of boot camp type moves. :flowerforyou:
  • abillings9
    abillings9 Posts: 165
    Options
    So I did level 3 for the first time today and I must say it is harder than level 2 but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I managed to push through it and finished it. It seems like it will get easier.

Has anyone else tried level three?

I started level 3 today. I thought it was better than level 2 as well (damn those planks!). The hardest thing for me is the plyo (jump training) stuff. I got through all of it though, only stopping a couple times real quick. I felt awful afterwards, but I think I overdid it and I'm coming down with a cold. :sick:
  • Princessme25
    Options
    I just tried this , 2 days ago still sore i did level 1 and 2 back to back omg wow. I didnt know there was a level 3 i use the free VOD but i guess i may buy the real dvd . but the level 2 has me sore will have to get used to that before i swtich up. Glad there are alot of shredders on here
  • alf1163
    Options
    I just tried this , 2 days ago still sore i did level 1 and 2 back to back omg wow. I didnt know there was a level 3 i use the free VOD but i guess i may buy the real dvd . but the level 2 has me sore will have to get used to that before i swtich up. Glad there are alot of shredders on here

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!! :drinker: I did levels 3, 2 and 1, in that order this morning. 609cals burned!!:flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!! :drinker: I did levels 3, 2 and 1, in that order this morning. 609cals burned!!:flowerforyou:

You are such a POWERHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    does anyone else just fall into a heap after doing level 2 no mods I get to that last cardio and omg when I finish I just want to curl up and die I was thinking of starting to do level 1 and 2 together want to wait another week or so yet build up my endurance I have done level 2 6 times now and it kills me I am not too sore afterwards though just find the workout tough which is a good thing means its working right.

Happy shredding people.:heart:
  • alf1163
    Options
    YEAH!!! GOOD FOR YOU TAZZY!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Level 2 is my favorite one!!

How are you doing Mickie???

No shredding today and I am planning on going to the gym tomorrow. So I might not shred until Sat or Sun...

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Just finished level 1 and then level 2. It is still kicking my butt!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    After less than a week off the Shred (I've been doing Power 90 and running), today I did levels 1 and 2 and boy did it kick my butt. I'm going to have to find a way to incorporate more Shred on my Strength days because it really is intense.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Well...I went home yesterdy and did Level 2 and the Spin Cycle for 30 min...it was a good workout...but I totally, premeditatedly sabotaged myself. I drank two glases of red wine, after not drinking for over 3 weeks, and ate a ton of Wasa crackers with cream cheese and sun-dried tomatoes...then hit my chocolate stash.

I woke up at 3:30am so sick to my stomach and unable to get back to sleep. I am abolutely ANGRY with myself because for some INSANE reason, I will not let myself succeed. I do not get it. You all know what those workouts do...so if I am working that hard at something, why would I go and just BLOW IT??? One thing I've learned is what it feels like to reintroduce toxins into your body after being relatively clean for awhile....not fun...I do NOT like how I feel today...and I don't think I will ever be able to drink more than one glass of wine with dinner in the future, ever again. What's worse, is I may have to completely give up yummy, rich desserts forever...because my stomach can't stand that anymore.:cry::cry: :cry: Though I'm really mad at myself, I'm not going to give up...I'm going home in a second and hitting the bike. Then I'll eat a healthy dinner and relax!!!!!!!!

What do you all do when you have a day like that...or do you ever have days like that? (It was truly my worst "healthy day" in 3 1/2 weeks...even though I was sick a few weeks ago).
  • alf1163
    Options
    Mickie, put it behind you...like Timon would say "it's in the past, hakuna matata" :laugh: We all have our slips, you fell, pick yourself up and carry on...tomorrow is another day and it will be a good one!!!! :flowerforyou:

Kimono and duffy, WTG, two levels!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    After less than a week off the Shred (I've been doing Power 90 and running), today I did levels 1 and 2 and boy did it kick my butt. I'm going to have to find a way to incorporate more Shred on my Strength days because it really is intense.

It really kicks my butt too, but I can't believe it is only a 314 calorie burn. I don't have hrm so this is only by logging it as circuit training. I was sweating more than when I run. Oh well even if it didn't burn as many calories as I would like, I can really feel it in my muscles. Between this and the 100 push ups in March I should really get some pipes! :wink:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Mickie, put it behind you...like Timon would say "it's in the past, hakuna matata" :laugh: We all have our slips, you fell, pick yourself up and carry on...tomorrow is another day and it will be a good one!!!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks! I'm in better spirits now. I came home and did spin, ate healthy for dinner and got some swim registrations in for the classes I teach in the summer...so it was uplifting. It's amazing what a little time on a bike can do. Tomorrow I will be ready to conquer the world again...after I get done with 2 really rough conferences I have to have. (I had a couple tough ones today too...especially one with the parent of my most heightened behavior issue student).

Thanks for your support!!! Someday I will be strong like you with phenomenal will power!!!! :flowerforyou: Thanks for being inspirational!!!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: A bouquet for you Mickie! I know I have days like that and you just have to charge forward. My biggest issues are letting the scale get to me. I'll never understand how you can work in a deficient for 4 weeks and lose 2 lbs and then 1 day you eat crappy and only maybe 500 extra calories and you gain 5 lbs. I really probably should just throw the scale out. I've been much better this week I only snuck a peek 1 day and am trying to hold on until tomorrow for a weigh in.
  • alf1163
    Options

Thanks! I'm in better spirits now. I came home and did spin, ate healthy for dinner and got some swim registrations in for the classes I teach in the summer...so it was uplifting. It's amazing what a little time on a bike can do. Tomorrow I will be ready to conquer the world again...after I get done with 2 really rough conferences I have to have. (I had a couple tough ones today too...especially one with the parent of my most heightened behavior issue student).

Thanks for your support!!! Someday I will be strong like you with phenomenal will power!!!! :flowerforyou: Thanks for being inspirational!!!

Awwwww than you so much for those kind words!!!!! :flowerforyou: That has made my day!!!! :heart: I'm glad to help. Are you a special ed teacher? My son has autism and mild MR. He is 15 yrs old He is my big baby!! :smooched: Oops, that reminds me I have to get him ready for school!!! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Nope, I teach 5th grade. When did you discover that your son had autism?
  • alf1163
    Options
    He was diagnosed right before he turned 3 yrs old. That was almost 13 yrs ago!!! Now they have better testing and can diagnose autism earlier. Early intervention is critical for these kiddos. We have come to accept it although I have my breaking moments. I get emotional when I think about the future but what can I do...right now he is with us and we are enjoying every moment with him, any progress even if it is very little...my daughter wants to be a teacher. When she gets out of the ARMY she is going back to school. :flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    He was diagnosed right before he turned 3 yrs old. That was almost 13 yrs ago!!! Now they have better testing and can diagnose autism earlier. Early intervention is critical for these kiddos. We have come to accept it although I have my breaking moments. I get emotional when I think about the future but what can I do...right now he is with us and we are enjoying every moment with him, any progress even if it is very little...my daughter wants to be a teacher. When she gets out of the ARMY she is going back to school. :flowerforyou:

Oh good...I'm glad it was detected early! I bet you do have your moments...but I can tell you are a strong person with a LOT of compassion, so I bet you're an awesome mom. :smile: I have an elderly cousin that is autistic. We all agree that if there were decent testing and better programs, she would have led a more productive life. But she's a sweetheart and has many talents. She lived with my grandmother her whole life, but my grandmother passed away two years ago, so now she splits time with my mom and my aunt. It's always an adjustment when she comes to live with them, but then I know it seems too quite when she's gone...she's in her 80s now.

Whatcha up to this weekend???
  • Nellz_
    Nellz_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm hopefully starting tomorrow morning. I've heard good things about it, and I watched part of my friend's DVD while waiting for her to get ready the other day.

If I'm just starting to exercise after 3 years or so of not doing anything serious, should I look at doing it every other day?
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    I just did lvl 1 tonight, first timer. Jillian freakin' kicked my BUTT. I'm so out of shape its pathetic :sick: But I made it through the 20 mins without a break, and I'll keep at it...

Here's my blog post about the experience :laugh:

sakuralllrose.blogspot.com