Any 30-Day Shredders out there?

Options

Replies

• kevmandfl
    Options
    I would like to know how to work out 30 day shred on your exercise journal .
    As there i snot a listing for it how do we work out it out.
    Thanks
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I did it! I did it! I did it!!! AND....I SURVIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Albeit, I modified a bit more than usual for my knee, but I did Level 3 just moments ago!!!! And I didn't think it was all that bad!!! I agree with Alf...Level 2 is my favorite, but I kinda like some of the new stuff in Level 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, I just had to share!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:

PS: Kevmandfl...I think most of us log it in as Circuit Training. Hope that helps!:flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I did it! I did it! I did it!!! AND....I SURVIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Albeit, I modified a bit more than usual for my knee, but I did Level 3 just moments ago!!!! And I didn't think it was all that bad!!! I agree with Alf...Level 2 is my favorite, but I kinda like some of the new stuff in Level 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, I just had to share!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:

PS: Kevmandfl...I think most of us log it in as Circuit Training. Hope that helps!:flowerforyou:

Oops!!! :blushing: Sorry, my bad...I think that was Duffy who likes Level 2 the best. I am so high on life right now....don't you just love accomplishing something you knew would be a challenge?!:happy:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Okay..I may be crazy, but I don't think Level 3 is kicking my booty as much as Level 2 did? And I'm stuck again at the same weight for about a week and 1/2...actually I went up 2 ounces...I'd rather go down 2! :smile: Soooooo....is anyone else experiencing this too?????
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way that is part of the reason I liked level 2 the best. My weight actually increased while doing level 3 despite really watching calories. I'm hoping it is just an adjustment to my metabolism. I'm going to try the zig zag thing next week and make sure I'm eating my exercise calories. Body Fat is down below 20% so it may be just those last nasty pounds are going to be hard to get off.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I felt the same way that is part of the reason I liked level 2 the best. My weight actually increased while doing level 3 despite really watching calories. I'm hoping it is just an adjustment to my metabolism. I'm going to try the zig zag thing next week and make sure I'm eating my exercise calories. Body Fat is down below 20% so it may be just those last nasty pounds are going to be hard to get off.

Thanks so much! I think I'm goign back to Level 2...I might start doing Level 2 and then add Level 3 on a couple of days a week....I DESPISE Level 1...if I never do that Level again, I'm okay with it! :happy: Let me know how your zig-zag goes...I'd love to know your results! ~M~
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I did level 2 again today. I do like it better than 3 also. And if you really like 2 but want to bump it up a notch, you could just us light hand weights durring some of the cardio-like they do in level 3. And now that I know it well, I always get a few more reps in while Jill is explaining the move. I have also muted Jill and been using my own ipod for music. But I have yet to try level 2 followed by level 3.
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Good point Kimono - I've even considered ankle weights for more burn.

Mickie - it has taken me all week to figure this zig zagging thing out. I will start in earnest next week plus I ordered a HRM so that I can more accurately track my exercise calories. Hopefully the combination will start the scale moving again. If not I'm going to focus on inches and % body fat for awhile.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Good point Kimono - I've even considered ankle weights for more burn.

Mickie - it has taken me all week to figure this zig zagging thing out. I will start in earnest next week plus I ordered a HRM so that I can more accurately track my exercise calories. Hopefully the combination will start the scale moving again. If not I'm going to focus on inches and % body fat for awhile.

I'm thinking about the HRM....please keep me posted on how that works for you. :happy: I agree, adding weights helps, and, :happy: , I sneak in extra reps too!!!! I think Jillian would be so proud of us to know that! :laugh:
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Just got my shipment e-mail so excited the HRM should be here sometime next week.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies!!! Duffy, Kimono and Mickie, I think you are ready to do two levels. Challenge yourselves!!! :drinker:

I did all three levels this morning, 610 cals burned. What I do is to increase the weights. I would not use ankle weights, too stressful for your joints. I also do more reps of the exercises while she is explaining something. I also wear my IPod so I am dancing and moving the whole time.

This is the second week of zig zagging and I really think it has worked for me. I like doing it. I love variety. I have a hard time on low days but I know I will get to eat more the next day so I hang in there...:laugh:

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Great job ladies!!! Duffy, Kimono and Mickie, I think you are ready to do two levels. Challenge yourselves!!! :drinker:

I did all three levels this morning, 610 cals burned. What I do is to increase the weights. I would not use ankle weights, too stressful for your joints. I also do more reps of the exercises while she is explaining something. I also wear my IPod so I am dancing and moving the whole time.

This is the second week of zig zagging and I really think it has worked for me. I like doing it. I love variety. I have a hard time on low days but I know I will get to eat more the next day so I hang in there...:laugh:

I think I'm going to go home and do that Alf....did you find yourself not losing or feeling like you were getting as much of a workout with Level 3?
  • lk14040
    Options
    I want in!
  • alf1163
    Options

I think I'm going to go home and do that Alf....did you find yourself not losing or feeling like you were getting as much of a workout with Level 3?

I've never done level 3 by itself. I always lose weight when I shred consistently (every other day), two or three levels at a time. :flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I've never done level 3 by itself. I always lose weight when I shred consistently (every other day), two or three levels at a time. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even survived and I am breathing....NORMALLY!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did Levels 2 & 3...it really wasn't that bad.

Alf---so you're saying you seeing really good results by doing it every other day? I think I'll try that too! Also...just for the record...your flower picture is so ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

Thanks for encouragement!!!!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Great job Mickie!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: See!! That's what I'm talking about!!! :laugh: Yes, I've never done the shred video every day, even if you are lifting light weight you have to give your muscles at least a day of rest. You can do some other kind of exercises on the days you are not shredding. For example today I did 35 mins on the stationary bike and 40 on the treadmill, intervals. Today is a high calorie day for me so I wanted to do a long cardio session. :noway: :laugh:

Thanks!!! That is my beautiful little flower, my grandbaby. Her mom (my daughter) and her were being silly at the store.

Have a great Saturday!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kimono
    Options
    Do any of you do "Biggest Loser Cardio Max". I just did the 40 min for the first time. I was wondering how I should log it, circuit or aerobics?
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Do any of you do "Biggest Loser Cardio Max". I just did the 40 min for the first time. I was wondering how I should log it, circuit or aerobics?

I'm looking at new DVDs...how do you like that one? What's it like???
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options

Hello,

I do the 50 mins of BL Cardio Max and then the 20 mins of Jillians Cardio Kickboxing and I have been logging them in as cardio....please post here if you find out differently. I would not have thought to list them under circuit, but, I am relatively new to all this exercise stuff....

Thanks,
    Sheryl

PS. I love both of these dvd's.....are you enjoying BL Cardio Max?
  • Kimono
    Options
    I did enjoy Cardio Max, it really goes by fast. I would enjoy it more if Bob would take his shirt off durring it. :wink: Would give me something to look at: ) Today was my first day doing it. When I do the Shred I log it in Cardio as Circuit training. It gives me 157 calories burned for the 20 min. I would say the workouts are similar in a lot of ways.