Any 30-Day Shredders out there?

Options

Replies

• Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm hopefully starting tomorrow morning. I've heard good things about it, and I watched part of my friend's DVD while waiting for her to get ready the other day.

If I'm just starting to exercise after 3 years or so of not doing anything serious, should I look at doing it every other day?

Don't be too proud to modify...then after a few weeks, you'll notice how you aren't modifying as much. ALso.....go back in the posts and read about some of things you might incur, like ankle problems, etc. One last thing...she doesn't stretch enough t the end, so plan to do extra stretching...I tend to take my dogs for a walk afterward, and that helps me cool down, but everybody's different.:wink:

Good luck and HAPPY EXERCISING!!!:happy:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    verdant, I love your blog!!!! Love the picture of Jillian with the contestant :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nellz, did you do it? It gets easier....:laugh: Just follow the guidelines that Mickie suggested. I am doing the three levels tomorrow and that will be it for a while.

I am getting ready for my trip home to Puerto Rico. Leaving on Mon morning for 2 wks!! Out to get pampered...getting a brazillian wax!! :noway: :laugh: TMI??? :laugh: My first time ever...hey good excuse...I packed two tiny bikinis!! :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    ALF: You crack me up! TMI Nah - Here's TMI a brazillian wax and I'm sure my weight would drop:laugh:

Had my cheat day yesterday at our favorite mexican restaurant. I didn't go overboard but definitely had my share of chips and salsa. Doing low cal today to prepare for daughter's birthday dinner tommorrow. Luckily she gave up all junk food for Lent so I'm making a healthy cake (pumpkin, carrots and whole wheat).
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    Did you guys do the program again the next day after first starting? My entire body is aching after last night's first session :laugh: But I'm contemplating doing it again this evening, am I crazy?!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Did you guys do the program again the next day after first starting? My entire body is aching after last night's first session :laugh: But I'm contemplating doing it again this evening, am I crazy?!

I don't do it every day. I would not recommend it. You can do it every other day. Let your muscles rest a bit. I do cardio in between shredding, a different type of cardio, biking, walking, running, swimming, etc. Although you are using light weights I still consider it strength trng. :flowerforyou:
  • Paeonia
    Options
    I don't do it every day. I would not recommend it. You can do it every other day. Let your muscles rest a bit. I do cardio in between shredding, a different type of cardio, biking, walking, running, swimming, etc. Although you are using light weights I still consider it strength trng. :flowerforyou:

That's a good idea, I think my body would rebel against me if i tried it again today anyways :laugh: I'll hit the treadmill and try the shred again tomorrow ~
  • alf1163
    Options
    Ok, I did all three levels this morning. Whew!!!! :noway: 591 cals burned. That is it for a while. Going on my vacation tomorrow and when I come back I want to do another program. Not sure what yet...I have to plan it soon. Have a great one!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Safe Travels Alf! Enjoy the rum and sun!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Ok, I did all three levels this morning. Whew!!!! :noway: 591 cals burned. That is it for a while. Going on my vacation tomorrow and when I come back I want to do another program. Not sure what yet...I have to plan it soon. Have a great one!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Have a fantastic time!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll miss you!!!:cry: But 'm happy you get to go do something sooooo much fun!!!!!:happy: Be sure to tell us all about your amazing trip when you get back.:flowerforyou:

Have a safe journey,

Mickie
  • alf1163
    Options
    Thanks Duffy and Mickie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will get in touch while being at my parents...I will have some time to log on...I will post pics when I come back as well. Take care!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Nellz_
    Nellz_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I finally got around to starting. And while I was in the middle of it I couldn't help but to think of how out of shape I am! But at the same time it makes me want to get in shape even more. I'll see how I feel tomorrow and I think that will probably dictate how often I do it, but as of now I'm thinking every day would be good.

I'm going back through the thread now to pick up on some tips.

I look forward to Shredding with you all =]
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Welcome Nellz.

The shred kills me. For some reason a 5 mile tempo run is easier for me than some of the shred. At the end of level 2 when Jillian says something like you should feel like your dieing about now I always say Yep -
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Did the Shred yesterday again-level 2. Arms are a bit sore and hamstrings are sore. I ran a 10 miler on Saturday and I wasn't even sore!! But that Jillian still gets me every time!
  • dzenhye
    dzenhye Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi
    I started the Shred 2 weeks ago. Try to do it 5x a week. I am on level two...but it is a struggle!! It is one of the first tapes that I actually have continued to do...that is a plus! I like Jillian's encouragement. And I like the fact it is only 20minutes long.....hopefully next week I'll start level three although I don't think I'm going to like it
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just a weird question...you know how Jilian is alwasy mentioning "don't phone it in?" She sometimes makes comments like do this workout, do it all in 20 min...and it's better than "phoning it in at the gym for 2 hours" (paraphrasing here).

Is that true? Is this workout about the same as a 2 hour workout...some days it sure feels like it!!!
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow. This is the first I've heard of this Shred DVD and I'm sold. Can I get it in stores? If so where? And are there any accessories I need for this workout? I don't have it and I'm excited about it.
  • Paeonia
    Options
    Wow. This is the first I've heard of this Shred DVD and I'm sold. Can I get it in stores? If so where? And are there any accessories I need for this workout? I don't have it and I'm excited about it.

I got mine at Best Buy, I'm sure it's available at other places too. All you need are hand weights and a mat, good luck :smile:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Anyone got some interesting ideas on how to make this DVD FUN again?
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I just re-started the 30 Day Shred today after a while of not shredding. I've been doing Barry's Bootcamp for a while now, so I thought I could handle Jill's Beginner level. I managed to get through it but I'm pleasantly sore now. Awesome! I'm going to keep doing this as often as I can to build up to the advanced.

Does 10 days per level seem like a good plan?
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Hey all!

I just re-started the 30 Day Shred today after a while of not shredding. I've been doing Barry's Bootcamp for a while now, so I thought I could handle Jill's Beginner level. I managed to get through it but I'm pleasantly sore now. Awesome! I'm going to keep doing this as often as I can to build up to the advanced.

Does 10 days per level seem like a good plan?

I think each person is different, I moved up a level every week (but again, everyone's different)...and I go back and forth between Level 2 & 3...but I'm getting bored with it, and am trying to figure out a way to make it fun again.

Anybody have any suggestions on that???????????????