C25K Training Group: October 16 to December 4, 2011

Options
167891012»

Replies

• realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I did W7D1 today and it was suprisingly easy. I just put on the ipod and promised myself that I would neither look at the clock or stop running until after 8 songs played. Well the timer went off during song 7! I felt like I had at least 10 more minutes in me but my thighs have been crazy sore this week so I stopped. I actually can not wait for Saturday and Day 2!
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone for your great progress.

Just wanting to say that this evening I DID MY FINAL DAY OF C25K - SO HAVE OFFICIALLY GRADUATED !!!!!!!!!!!Woohoo
    Thanks for all of the fabulous support along the way and I wish everyone the best of luck in completing the program. I am so pleased with myself and can't believe that at 55 I managed to actually do this. It is a fabulous program that gradually builds up as your endurance builds- I honestly thought that I would never manage it - until I managed that first 20 minute run - then I knew it was doable.
    Keep running people - it is worth it.
    Debbie
  • Jones4177
    Options
    Did Week 7 Day 1 yesterday....to be honest, I can't believe I have made it this far
  • Jones4177
    Options
    Congratulations everyone for your great progress.

Just wanting to say that this evening I DID MY FINAL DAY OF C25K - SO HAVE OFFICIALLY GRADUATED !!!!!!!!!!!Woohoo
    Thanks for all of the fabulous support along the way and I wish everyone the best of luck in completing the program. I am so pleased with myself and can't believe that at 55 I managed to actually do this. It is a fabulous program that gradually builds up as your endurance builds- I honestly thought that I would never manage it - until I managed that first 20 minute run - then I knew it was doable.
    Keep running people - it is worth it.
    Debbie

Awesome Job!!!
  • Jones4177
    Options
    Doing Week 7 Day 2 tonight....

Yesterday I decided to go on a run just to see how I would do. My goal was to get to 2 miles without stopping. That was a big test for me. But.......I was able to accomplish it. I didn't time myself because I wasn't worried about how fast I could but more worried about completing. It felt great!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing a fantastic job with their training. Keep up the good work during the holidays!

I'm planning on doing a 2.8 mile adventure race this spring/summer in central PA. I've done two 5Ks prior, but now I'm upping the ante and doing strength training another 5K training program to make sure I'm fit enough for it.

I've decided for the strength portion to use the Spartain Virgin weightlifting training guide. I've been doing it for two weeks already and already feel toned, regardless of the Thanksgiving feast!:-D

Shannon
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Finished week 7 this morning. It was a hard week and I am sure next week will be harder. Only 10 more days until my first 5K which by then I will only have completed W9D1 so I really hope I will be ready!! I am telling myself that if I have to walk some of it that won't be the worst thing in the world but I am def going to try to run the whole thing.
  • Jones4177
    Options
    Did Week 7 Day 2 yesterday. Was able to do an extra run on Tuesday and ran a whole 2 miles without stopping. I'm not focused on time right now....just distance. I felt awesome about it!!
  • Silentspring
    Options
    Hi All

I finished Week 7 day 2 yesterday. My legs feel really heavy when I'm running but the rest of me is fine. I'm really enjoying it and am on track to finish Sunday 18 December as planned. (9 weeks from starting on Monday 16th October, i think the initial calculation was out)

On monday 19th I am going on a 4 day hike in the mountains of mordor here in New Zealand. I will be walking 17km a day with a full pack, looking forward to that.

Then I will look at the Ease to 10k programme... :)

Keep up the great work, it's worth it!

SS
  • Silentspring
    Options
    Bump
    Where is everyone?
  • Jones4177
    Options
    Doing Week 8 Day 2 tonight. I'm feeling pretty good about it so far.
  • Silentspring
    Options
    I did week 8 day 2 yesterday, it was much easier than i thought it would be, probably the easiest run so far, and definitely the furtherest. Keep going everyone, not far to the finish line now :)
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have one more run left for tonight- YAY! i'm excited to be done and to have accomplished something!
  • Jones4177
    Options
    Started the last week last night, I honestly can't believe that I've made it this far. I can't wait for the 45 min run and the 60 min run.
  • BeccaB1981
    Options
    I ran my first 5K yesterday!! Finished in 33:28 and ran the whole time!! I am counting that as W9D2 and so I technically have one day left until I officially "graduate" from the C25K program. I was going to just consider it completed since I ran the 5K but I kind of feel like that is cheating so I will go ahead and do the last day tomorrow or the next day just so I can say I finished it. Then it's on to Bridge to 10K for me!!

Hope everyone else is doing well and finishing up!
  • Silentspring
    Options
    Well done everyone who has stuck with it and has made it/almost made it! It feels great doesn't it?! I have just done W9D1 the timed run is 30mins and this is the longest it gets. I ran 4.34k in the 30mins today so will hopefully get to 5k by the end of the week. I am planning to improve my 5k time using the run double app 5k improver during the weeks, and build up to a 10k on the weekends. What are y'all going to do when you're done??
    Again, nice work ladies!
    xx ss
  • Silentspring
    Options
    Well done everyone who has stuck with it and has made it/almost made it! It feels great doesn't it?! I have just done W9D1 the timed run is 30mins and this is the longest it gets. I ran 4.34k in the 30mins today so will hopefully get to 5k by the end of the week. I am planning to improve my 5k time using the run double app 5k improver during the weeks, and build up to a 10k on the weekends. What are y'all going to do when you're done??
    Again, nice work ladies!
    xx ss
  • BeccaB1981
    Options
    Again, nice work ladies!
    xx ss

I am planning on starting B210K when I finish C25K. I have already joined that group. I am looking forward to it!
  • BeccaB1981
    Options
    I graduated yesterday!!!