Ripped in 30 starting 24/10/11

Options

Replies

• moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Did Level 2 yesterday!! & 70 min. on the elliptical. Had a funeral, daughter's cheer practice, & I cast the Spring musical last night...So Daisy, I joined you for that glass of wine. Felt like I earned it! ;)
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    cgavin--
    I did Couch 2 5K in the spring and did my first 5K in May. I did another one at the end of September after slacking off on running for most of the summer. The one last weekend was awful because of the weather! I don't usually run the whole 3.1 miles--I go for as long as I can (usually 1.5-2 miles), then I take a minute walk break as needed to finish the race. You can definitely do it! I recommend the "Get Running" app if you have an iPhone. I may attempt one last 5K for the season next Saturday if the weather cooperates. I am not at all a fast runner (35 minute 5K's) , but I love the sense of accomplishment when I finish a race!

I keep hearing about that app/running program. I have been running for only about a little over a month & have slowly upped my speed and time on the tread mill. I have (just once) ran 3.1 miles- I was SO happy. But normally I go about 2-2.5 miles. I feel like Im 'good' when it comes to running on the t.mill but it intimidates me when I think about being around REAL runners and not being able to push to the end! I think I would be ok if I could just pace myself when Im NOT on the t.mill. I rely on it to set my pace (I tend to run too fast outside and then lose all steam)
    Thanks for the info... I will DEF be checking out that app!!
  • cgavin77
    Options
    So Daisy, I joined you for that glass of wine. Felt like I earned it! ;)

You DID earn it!! ahaha... and I will be treating myself to a glass (or TWO) tonight!! :drinker:

week2/day4 done.... and feeling a bit nervous about week 3!! I want to peek at it tongiht I think- after I do my normal workout. I want to see what its all about....I want to push through to week 3 but only if I think I can handle it and will be able to do the moves with good form. If I dont think I can then I will stick with week2 for a few more days.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    So Daisy, I joined you for that glass of wine. Felt like I earned it! ;)

You DID earn it!! ahaha... and I will be treating myself to a glass (or TWO) tonight!! :drinker:

week2/day4 done.... and feeling a bit nervous about week 3!! I want to peek at it tongiht I think- after I do my normal workout. I want to see what its all about....I want to push through to week 3 but only if I think I can handle it and will be able to do the moves with good form. If I dont think I can then I will stick with week2 for a few more days.

It did sound like you earned... :smile: I think I did too though...I had some bad news in regards to my job on this day and was pretty upset...:sad: Well it was just that one day though...gotta treat yourself sometimes! :drinker:
  • laurentapia
    laurentapia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    W2D3 done last night.
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Lev 2 Day 2 Complete + 60 min. of elliptical! Happy dance!!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Tgif! Happy hour...toasting all my Ripped partners in crime!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Day 4 Level 2 done! Hurray! I was so close to give it a miss but then just thought how good I feel afterwards so got up and did it!
    It did actually feel a bit less crazy today! I do think though I will stay on level 2 for a total of 7 days. I might increase my weights for day 6 and 7 but not sure yet.

What is everybody else planning to do?

Have a great weekend ladies!

Daisy
  • kcstens
    Options
    Right.. been away for a couple of days so just a quick update ... Just completed level 1 day 10- I had 3 days off in this block of 10 days - hopefully not as many in the next level as I want to see results :) It's suprising that I can see rsults already. nothing off the scales but the mirror never lies :) Level 2 tomorrow of the shred woop :)

Keep it up everyone!! Shred / Rip / Shred :D

x
  • cgavin77
    Options
    How did everyone do over the weekend!?
    I took Friday off of Ripped but still got in a 30 min run and did some weights/strength training, which is GOOD since I had a few glasses of wine Friday night!! :drinker:
    Went back to Ripped Sat and Sun. I decided to stay on week 2 for at least the weekend. On sunday I did Week 2 and also put on week 3- to see what its all about. It was tough, not gonna lie!! But I think either today or tomorrow I might be ready for it!
  • kcstens
    Options
    Right ... where's everyone gone ? Enjoying the weekend eh!! :D

I managed to do day 1 & 2 of Level 2 30DS It's so nice to change after being on level 1 for what seems like eternity! I prefer the level 2 stuff but my knees definately take a bit of a beating... Managed to do 45 minutes in the gym today too; thinking I will do 6wk2pk to go with level 2 - not every day though!!

Hope you're all good :) x
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    I did Lev 2 Day 3 this morning + 35 min on the elliptical. I did cardio on Sat. & Sun. Over an hour each dau. I felt alot stronger during push ups & planks after a couple muscle rest days.
  • cgavin77
    Options
    Wasn't able to fit in Ripped yesterday after work. But ran on the treadmill and did weights/strength training and a quick Pilates workout while dinner was cooking.
    Today I will be BACK to Ripped.... tho feeling a little discouraged that I'm not really seeing the results I thought I would. I'm PUSHING in the workouts and only taking a day off per week...on TOP of other cardio & strength. How can I see NO change? Could it be all in my HEAD!? :huh:
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Level 2 Day 4 ...Complete!! + 60 min. of cardio on the elliptical! Let's keep it rolling ladies!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Wasn't able to fit in Ripped yesterday after work. But ran on the treadmill and did weights/strength training and a quick Pilates workout while dinner was cooking.
    Today I will be BACK to Ripped.... tho feeling a little discouraged that I'm not really seeing the results I thought I would. I'm PUSHING in the workouts and only taking a day off per week...on TOP of other cardio & strength. How can I see NO change? Could it be all in my HEAD!? :huh:

Don't get discouraged! You're doing so well! Are you taking your measurements and pictures? I am doing both and I find it really helps. I always find really motivating as usually the inches are going down and the pictures are just another great way to see the progress! I measure once a week.

Also I have read somewhere ( I think someone's blog) that it helps to take 2 rest days. Maybe your body needs more time to recover?! Maybe try a week with 2 rest days and see what that does. I am taking to non-consecutive days off a week and always feel really strong once I am back to working out.

Not saying I am right or anything just thought I'll give my opinion :smile:
  • cgavin77
    Options

Don't get discouraged! You're doing so well! Are you taking your measurements and pictures? I am doing both and I find it really helps. I always find really motivating as usually the inches are going down and the pictures are just another great way to see the progress! I measure once a week.

Also I have read somewhere ( I think someone's blog) that it helps to take 2 rest days. Maybe your body needs more time to recover?! Maybe try a week with 2 rest days and see what that does. I am taking to non-consecutive days off a week and always feel really strong once I am back to working out.

Not saying I am right or anything just thought I'll give my opinion :smile:

:flowerforyou: Thank you for the encouragement and I think you might be right about more then a day of rest!! Esp. because even on my Ripped rest day I still DO a workout... just not Ripped. So my body isnt really able to be in recovery mode. I will try and do that this week-but some times its hard; my body needs the rest but my head is telling me "GO GO GO"!
    I had taken pictures and measurements when we started Ripped and was going to wait until the end of the 30 days to take more and see the changes. But maybe now that we are 1/2 done I should take your advice and re-take and hopefully get some new motivation seeing those results. Good thinkin! haaha

As for Ripped... started week 3!! It is def a challenge (a big one!) but I still say those crow push up planks and plank cardio moves week 2 are the WORST so far. So I'm happy to have moved past those dreaded things!

Hope everyone is still Ripping and Shredding it up! We can finish this!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    [/quote]

:flowerforyou: Thank you for the encouragement and I think you might be right about more then a day of rest!! Esp. because even on my Ripped rest day I still DO a workout... just not Ripped. So my body isnt really able to be in recovery mode. I will try and do that this week-but some times its hard; my body needs the rest but my head is telling me "GO GO GO"!
    I had taken pictures and measurements when we started Ripped and was going to wait until the end of the 30 days to take more and see the changes. But maybe now that we are 1/2 done I should take your advice and re-take and hopefully get some new motivation seeing those results. Good thinkin! haaha

As for Ripped... started week 3!! It is def a challenge (a big one!) but I still say those crow push up planks and plank cardio moves week 2 are the WORST so far. So I'm happy to have moved past those dreaded things!

Hope everyone is still Ripping and Shredding it up! We can finish this!
    [/quote]

Sounds like you're working out loads..You're making me feel bad :laugh: I'd like to add in some running but never seem to find the time! I think you should try and give yourself some rest. Just try and think that it helps your body to recover and build the muscle.
    I could never go so long without checking my measurements. For me that is what keeps me going. I do it once a week. This week I have lost 1 inch combined of my legs and belly. I measure bust, waist, belly button, hips and one thigh. I bet you'll get a nice surprise if you should measure! :smile:
    I am so glad to hear what you say about level 3. I feel ready to move on but will do level 2 tonight. Going to a jive class for the first time and I don't want to be too knackered for it. So today is my last day on level 2! Can't wait for that cardio plank part to be over...It still kills me!

Let us know how your measuring should go if you decide to do it :smile:
  • cgavin77
    Options
    Sounds like you're working out loads..You're making me feel bad :laugh: I'd like to add in some running but never seem to find the time! I think you should try and give yourself some rest. Just try and think that it helps your body to recover and build the muscle.
    I could never go so long without checking my measurements. For me that is what keeps me going. I do it once a week. This week I have lost 1 inch combined of my legs and belly. I measure bust, waist, belly button, hips and one thigh. I bet you'll get a nice surprise if you should measure! :smile:
    I am so glad to hear what you say about level 3. I feel ready to move on but will do level 2 tonight. Going to a jive class for the first time and I don't want to be too knackered for it. So today is my last day on level 2! Can't wait for that cardio plank part to be over...It still kills me!

Let us know how your measuring should go if you decide to do it :smile:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have a little workout room at my office- its not much but there are treadmills and some free weights. I run on my lunch break and break/eat when I should be working! hahaha.
    As for not measuring until the end of 30days... I TOTALLY agree with you... But I had been completely over the top about weighting myself for basically a year. Started just one time a day then I was on it every time I was in the bathroom. I made a deal w/ myself to put the scale away- since weight is just a number and Im looking to like what I SEE in the mirror. (not to mention it was totally making me NUTS!! )
    So going along that thinking- I decided no more weighting (for now) and measure at the end of Ripped. tho I might take some picts tonight and compare them to those I took a week before I started this....
  • Daisy80
    Options

I have a little workout room at my office- its not much but there are treadmills and some free weights. I run on my lunch break and break/eat when I should be working! hahaha.
    As for not measuring until the end of 30days... I TOTALLY agree with you... But I had been completely over the top about weighting myself for basically a year. Started just one time a day then I was on it every time I was in the bathroom. I made a deal w/ myself to put the scale away- since weight is just a number and Im looking to like what I SEE in the mirror. (not to mention it was totally making me NUTS!! )
    So going along that thinking- I decided no more weighting (for now) and measure at the end of Ripped. tho I might take some picts tonight and compare them to those I took a week before I started this....
    [/quote]

I guess you just have to find the right way for you. I never really was obsessed with the scales unfortunately more the opposite :laugh: Now weighing and measuring once a week works fine for me but of course everyone is different. Whatever you chose to do I am sure that you're doing great and are going the right direction :smile:
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Day 1 of Week 3 done! I was quite scared to go to level 3 as I read so many times how crazy it is. I have to say that it was not as crazy as I made it out in my head. Yes it is tough and I was sweating loads. I also could not do all the exercises for the time requested but I tried my hardest. It is very hard on the legs and the triceps I think. I liked it though and really enjoyed some of the exercises. And it is just exciting to have a new routine!

I am just wondering why the 2nd set of weights is needed. She never says to use a heavier weight. I wish that would be a bit more clear!

How is everybody else doing? Who else moved on to level 3?

Daisy