Gaining Muscle is NOT that easy.

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you are even arguing with her. She has no concept of reality.

If it's as easy as she thinks, we should see her completing for mrs. olympia in about 3 months or so. With 5% bodyfat.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I'm bored I guess.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I'm bored I guess.

It's both entertaining and educational for me. :bigsmile:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I'm bored I guess.

It's both entertaining and educational for me. :bigsmile:

Also will help others who think the same way xD

Im going to be linking this rant often
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Anyone else waiting on soysos pics?

*raising hand*
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

*raising hand*

You caught me xD
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

I have been lifting for a while now and still haven't seen really and muscle gain >.< One i start upping my calories I hope to!

squats, deads, and heavy rows :)

Oh trust me I don't skip squats or deads :D those are my favorite!

Me too. I have always lifted since starting my fitness journey, mostly through body pump classes and a few free weights. NOw I've ditched the classes and lift heavy on my own. Working my way through the New Rules of Lifting for Women. Your rant pretty much sums up the book. That and the use of the words toning and shaping.

"oh I don't lift I don't want to bulk up too much" - hmmmm
  • Jeff92se
    Options

*raising hand*

I want a pic of him training "hard" since 7 year old.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Ha ha after reading through this whole thread I'm laughing my head off.

Think AZ has a thing for Chyna like and I'm looking forward to soysos' pics too
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options

*raising hand*

I want a pic of him training "hard" since 7 year old.

i would hang up my dumbells if i found out it exists
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Ok here are two pictures of me from before my weight loss, though not the ones I was looking for.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc457/soysos1/kevincouch.jpg
  • soysos
    Options
    Don't,be so quick to dismiss swimming. Swimming freestyle is like doing lats leg curles seated row and chest fly all at the same time. Do it in sweats you increase natural resistance ten fold.

As for pictures I have some of me at 220 I'll post them this afternoon.
    Lol, this is so comical. You obviously don't know kinesiology. A leg curl consists of bringing your heel to your glutes. What swimmer swims this way? Seated rows your elbows bend at at least 90 degrees. What swimmer swims with 90 degree bent elbows with their arm in the water? Chest flyes don't start in an overhead position they start from a lateral position. How can you do that swimming freestyle?
    Please refrain from trying to compare swimming to weight training. You're really bad at it.

first off you obviosly don't know swimming. second I'm not saying that swimming is the exact same workout, i'm saying that it works the same muscle groups. for example a propper sissor kick will work all four quads. the first half of the stroke lifting your arm out of the water workes the upper back, while the second half the real power of the stroke comes from the pectoral muscles. and the water does give sufficiant resistance to build muscle. just look at anyone who does it profesionaly.

combine that with grapling workouts, resistance bands, and basic calisthenics, 2 hours a day, 3-5 days a week, for about 10 year and you can gain some significant muscle.
  • lockef
    Options
    You look skinny fat to me bro... not 9%bf.

*womp womp*
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Ok here are two pictures of me from before my weight loss, though not the ones I was looking for.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc457/soysos1/kevincouch.jpg

404 mucles not found. At least not in they way you are trying to protray. I've seen swimmers with nice upper bodies but not in the legs. Not in the way a bodybuider has them or in the way a seasoned weight lifter develops
  • soysos
    Options
    You look skinny fat to me bro... not 9%bf.

*womp womp*

that wasnt the picture I was looking for, I'm only 200 pound in that one no idea what the body fat is. I've got to do some more digging on my other computer.
  • lockef
    Options
    first off you obviosly don't know swimming. second I'm not saying that swimming is the exact same workout, i'm saying that it works the same muscle groups. for example a propper sissor kick will work all four quads. the first half of the stroke lifting your arm out of the water workes the upper back, while the second half the real power of the stroke comes from the pectoral muscles. and the water does give sufficiant resistance to build muscle. just look at anyone who does it profesionaly.

Dude... you really have no idea. Stop spewing nonsense to people who obviously know more about this than you.

No one will argue that swimming works out multiple muscles and is great for muscular strength and endurance, but to pack on muscle mass, SWIMMING WON'T WORK!
  • soysos
    Options

Dude... you really have no idea. Stop spewing nonsense to people who obviously know more about this than you.

No one will argue that swimming works out multiple muscles and is great for muscular strength and endurance, but to pack on muscle mass, SWIMMING WON'T WORK!

to pack on massive amounts of muscle mass rapidly, hell no. to gain muscle mass while steadilly building steangth over time there are many ways to skin that particular cat, weight training is ionly one of them. just as loosing weight is all about calories in vs calories out, buildiong streangth is about steadilly increasing the stress you put on your muscles, and if you aim to build steangth mass comes with time.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

to pack on massive amounts of muscle mass rapidly, hell no. to gain muscle mass while steadilly building steangth over time there are many ways to skin that particular cat, weight training is ionly one of them. just as loosing weight is all about calories in vs calories out, buildiong streangth is about steadilly increasing the stress you put on your muscles, and if you aim to build steangth mass comes with time.

Pack massive amounts of muscle mass? Where? Seeing is believing and you haven't shown us anything to lead us that you've personally succeeded in this method. Just a bunch of pics of your relatively skinny frame. Nothing wrong with that. At least not until you claimed the things you claimed.
    You worked out 'HARD' since you were seven years old?
  • soysos
    Options
    I never claimed to be a body builder, I'm an athlete. I've won three national championships, placed in both amcan and the junior international open.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I never claimed to be a body builder, I'm an athlete. I've won three national championships, placed in both amcan and the junior international open.

And I stayed in at a Holiday Inn last night.

What you are/achieved has almost nothing to do with what you are trying to convey here. You can't say "packed on muscle mass" and then post some picutures of yourself relatively slight. Unless you are trying to say you are "musclular" in those pictures?