Gaining Muscle is NOT that easy.

Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    WTH!! All I have to do is swim in sweats and clean my house to gain muscle!! Heck I've been doing it all wrong!

I KNOW! Why have I been lifting weights for all these months? So much effort wasted....

I feel like such a failure!

Like stated above make sure to use proper form while deadlifting the fridge to sweep under it xD
    I guess my 197 grams of protein yesterday was a waste too!! CRAP!!
    WHAT are you doing?? NONSENSE! *tisk tisk*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options

I guess my 197 grams of protein yesterday was a waste too!! CRAP!!
    Haha! You consume as much a me!!! You rock!!!!
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My bf % stayed consistent according to a skinfold caliper so I would say it's close to 8-9lb
    Calipers don't measure visceral fat.
    So you're saying I gained no fat outside but entirely on the inside? Come on, you're trying too hard now.
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm not talking about body building here. If your only goal is size this is not for you, if however your goal OS strength, speed, power, and indurance this works results come quickly and continually. One third intensive cardio one third resistance training one third insurance cardio. As for swimming in sweats this is purly about strength training, same concept as jogging in a weighted vest. Or you could tow a bucket for the same effect.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    I'm not talking about body building here. If your only goal is size this is not for you, if however your goal OS strength, speed, power, and indurance this works results come quickly and continually. One third intensive cardio one third resistance training one third insurance cardio. As for swimming in sweats this is purly about strength training, same concept as jogging in a weighted vest. Or you could tow a bucket for the same effect.

Dude... just stop posting.
  • soysos
    Options
    Look I have been an athlete my entire life. In my prime I had 9% body fat at 220 pound, never touched weights. After my third championships I started lifting in one year I only succeeded in gaining 15 pounds of fat.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    So you're saying I gained no fat outside but entirely on the inside? Come on, you're trying too hard now.
    Dude, unless you measured EVERY SINGLE SPOT on your body with calipers (not just basic points), like calves, back, neck, face, etc. the probability of gaining that much muscle in highly unlikely. You can believe what you want, but being in bodybuilding almost my whole life and training athletes and others who wanted to put on mass, I'm more than sure that I have a qualified background along with science on my side to say that it's improbable you've put on that much muscle. Water plays a big part in weight gain. You may have a lot of glycogen stored which would raise your weight without affecting fat.
    If it makes you feel good to say that you gained that much muscle, that's your NSV, but you aren't going to convince people who have full experience in doing it that what you say is legit.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Look I have been an athlete my entire life. In my prime I had 9% body fat at 220 pound, never touched weights. After my third championships I started lifting in one year I only succeeded in gaining 15 pounds of fat.

I'd like to see a picture of yourself at 220lbs @9% bodyfat. Your profile pic looks like you're 150lbs
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    To gain muscle you put on size, so your point about gaining muscle is now opposed by what you just stated. So which is it? Are you gaining muscle without gaining size? Or are you building speed, strength and endurance (which incidentally doesn't mean you're gaining muscle)?
  • ajmaccar
    ajmaccar Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I hear that! I always hear women at the gym complaining that their trainers are giving them too much weight to lift doing weight training, and that they don't want to bulk up, but the reality is that its pretty darn hard to build muscle. You have to really work at it and make it a goal to get ripped, esp for a woman.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    . In my prime I had 9% body fat at 220 pound,

Are you 7'2"?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Being an athlete all your life doesn't mean you know about human physiology. If you knew what you were talking about, then you'd make a ton of money with your anecdote because there are many athletes who are trying to add muscle, but have a hard time doing it, but if they went under your technique they would EASILY gain muscle.......................<eyeroll>
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

You're "entire life" is 21 years. You only have experience with your own body. You are arguing fitness with people who have formally studied it and/or have been training others and themselves for longer than you've been alive...
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    In my prime I had 9% body fat at 220 pound,
    Are you 7'2"?
    Dude, you made me spit my water!!!!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Troll.
  • Tahoe77Chelle
    Tahoe77Chelle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    An easy way to tell if you are gaining muscle when your weight is not moving is by taking measurements. :flowerforyou:

I think people are just too afraid to gently say that yes, if you have been dieting for 4 weeks and not seeing changes, your routine needs tweaking, so they try to say something nice.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

This thread is about gaining muscle.

I would not be taking advice from an endurance athlete that can't spell endurance.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    In my prime I had 9% body fat at 220 pound,
    Are you 7'2"?
    Dude, you made me spit my water!!!!

=)

For real though, 220 and 9%... unless dude is very tall, those are roid numbers IMO.
  • soysos
    Options
    Actually I'm 6' tall in my picture I have 10% body fat at 180 pounds.

Mass and stragth go hand in hand. And to build strangth all you need is to steadily put more stress on your muscles. Again not hard just time consuming and heavy lifting is not vital to success.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    Actually I'm 6' tall in my picture I have 10% body fat at 180 pounds.

If that's indeed correct, then kudos to you. That should look amazing.