Gaining Muscle is NOT that easy.

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Ok here are two pictures of me from before my weight loss, though not the ones I was looking for.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc457/soysos1/kevincouch.jpg
    Yeah, you're not looking like 220 with 9% there.:laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    first off you obviosly don't know swimming. second I'm not saying that swimming is the exact same workout, i'm saying that it works the same muscle groups. for example a propper sissor kick will work all four quads. the first half of the stroke lifting your arm out of the water workes the upper back, while the second half the real power of the stroke comes from the pectoral muscles. and the water does give sufficiant resistance to build muscle. just look at anyone who does it profesionaly.

combine that with grapling workouts, resistance bands, and basic calisthenics, 2 hours a day, 3-5 days a week, for about 10 year and you can gain some significant muscle.
    Um you said it works "leg curls". If you knew kinesiology, then you would know that leg curls work the leg biceps.<eyeroll>
    You're totally owning yourself when you compared the freestyle swim stroke with actual exercise movements.
    And from your pic on the couch I can definitely see you've built mounds of muscle...............................not.
    And YES I know swimming since I am qualified to instruct DRYLAND. You do know what that is right?
  • ninerbuff
    Options

that wasnt the picture I was looking for, I'm only 200 pound in that one no idea what the body fat is. I've got to do some more digging on my other computer.
    200? It looks just like your profile pic! And apparently there you're 180. Where you storing that extra 20lbs? This is so entertaining.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Ok here are two pictures of me from before my weight loss, though not the ones I was looking for.

Perhaps his bones are coated with adamantium.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

. Where you storing that extra 20lbs? This is so entertaining.

His imagination?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Perhaps his bones are coated with adamantium.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    to pack on massive amounts of muscle mass rapidly, hell no. to gain muscle mass while steadilly building steangth over time there are many ways to skin that particular cat, weight training is ionly one of them. just as loosing weight is all about calories in vs calories out, buildiong streangth is about steadilly increasing the stress you put on your muscles, and if you aim to build steangth mass comes with time.
    Dude face it, swimmers don't want to build mass. It will slow down their speed in the water. Again Michael Phelps who's taller than you competed at 165lbs in the OLYMPICS. How are you going to convince us that you swam and trained harder than he did yet you were much larger than he is? This is epic.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    at 7 years old..........
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I never claimed to be a body builder, I'm an athlete. I've won three national championships, placed in both amcan and the junior international open.
    What years? This should be verifiable if it's on the National level especially since I have access to it through usaswimming.org. So what category? Medley? Freestyle? Butterfly?
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you are even arguing with her. She has no concept of reality.

If it's as easy as she thinks, we should see her completing for mrs. olympia in about 3 months or so. With 5% bodyfat.

I'm sure you can't even tell me how long it takes a person to gain muscle.

You may want to be a bodybuilder, but that's not my cup of tea.
  • AZackery
    Options
    Azachery: Thankyou for all your ridiculous posts today. It was my inspiration during my heavy squats today. But not to worry, since my goal is to gain some muscle I'm planning on chucking on the sweats and hitting the pool tomorrow morning.

My name is not AZachery. I hope you have turned red laughing.
  • PB67
    Options
    ... and she's back!

Let the lulz continue.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I have always wondered how come marathon runners are so massive, now I know.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    So Azachery anything to say about the refutation on Jackman, Lautner and Daniels? Look back a few posts and give me your rebuttal.
  • AZackery
    Options
    I wonder why my question has never been answered and I know that it can't be answered by all the people in this thread that claims to know about gaining muscles. If they truly knew about muscle gaining, it wouldn't be hard for them to tell me how does a person know when they have gained muscles.

I know that it's not easy to gain muscle or even to lose fat.

I also know that scale weight is broken down into two categories. Pounds of fat and pounds of lean body mass. To find out how much of your scale weight is from fat and how much is from lean body mass, you have to know your body fat percentage.

Formula:

Weight x BF% = Pounds of fat
    Weight - Pounds of fat = Lean body mass

Example: Roger Stars weighs 220 pounds and his body fat percentage is 20%

What does this means?

220 (Roger's weight) x 20%(0.20) (Roger's Body Fat Percentage) = 44 Pounds of fat
    220(Roger's weight) - 44 (Roger's Pounds of fat) = 176 Pounds of lean body mass

A bodybuilder, a personal trainer and anyone that supposed to be smart about the body, should know that the formula I have shared is the correct way to see if you have gained/loss fat/lean body mass.

So, can a bodybuilder, a personal trainer or anyone that supposed to be smart about the body, explain how a person gain muscle? What formula is used to show muscle gain. Please don't try to make me believe that math is not involved in muscle gain.

Bodybuilders use the formula above to track fat loss and muscle gain. If I am lying, then please bodybuilder tell me what formula you all use. I'm not a bodybuilder, nor do I desire to be a bodybuilder and I know about the formula.

Another thing, everyone sees bulk differently. Women are encouraged to lift heavy and are told they won't bulk up. Well, bulk doesn't just imply to bodybuilding. Every bodybuilder doesn't take anything to make them big. I will speak for women. Some women bodybuilders that train naturally are bigger than others. I will now speak about men. Some men bodybuilders that train naturally are bigger than others. No one can tell me that all bodybuilders females and males are the same size.

And yes, some women can bulk up faster than other women. A woman and man can only speak for their own body. If you aren't bulking up or putting on muscles fast, then speak for your body. You can't speak for the next person.

I know that some people will come at me in an immature way. I'm a mature woman. A serious one at that. I don't have time for games. People needs to stop trying to make fun of people and grow up. Water always flows.
  • AZackery
    Options
    So Azachery anything to say about the refutation on Jackman, Lautner and Daniels? Look back a few posts and give me your rebuttal.

My name is not Azachery. Get my name right, then we can talk.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I have always wondered how come marathon runners are so massive, now I know.
    No you have to actually swim in sweats to gain mass and muscle. This is verified by soysos.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

My name is not Azachery. Get my name right, then we can talk.
    I'd rather not. I've more than proved my points refuting your opinions. It'd be better if you don't talk anymore to keep the humility from increasing.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    AZackery said:
    I also know that scale weight is broken down into two categories. Pounds of fat and pounds of lean body mass.

I'm pretty sure my bones weigh something. Also any food or drink in my system. I don't think my scale breaks anything down. It just weighs me.
  • PB67
    Options
    I wonder why my question has never been answered and I know that it can't be answered by all the people in this thread that claims to know about gaining muscles. If they truly knew about muscle gaining, it wouldn't be hard for them to tell me how does a person know when they have gained muscles.

I know that it's not easy to gain muscle or even to lose fat.

I also know that scale weight is broken down into two categories. Pounds of fat and pounds of lean body mass. To find out how much of your scale weight is from fat and how much is from lean body mass, you have to know your body fat percentage.

Formula:

Weight x BF% = Pounds of fat
    Weight - Pounds of fat = Lean body mass

Example: Roger Stars weighs 220 pounds and his body fat percentage is 20%

What does this means?

220 (Roger's weight) x 20%(0.20) (Roger's Body Fat Percentage) = 44 Pounds of fat
    220(Roger's weight) - 44 (Roger's Pounds of fat) = 176 Pounds of lean body mass

A bodybuilder, a personal trainer and anyone that supposed to be smart about the body, should know that the formula I have shared is correct way to see if you have gained/loss fat/lean body mass.

So, can a bodybuilder, a personal trainer or anyone that supposed to be smart about the body, explain how a person gain muscle? What formula is used to show muscle gain. Please don't try to make me believe that math is not involved in muscle gain.

Bodybuilders use the formula above to track fat loss and muscle gain. If I am lying, then please bodybuilder tell me what formula you all use. I'm not a bodybuilder, nor do I desire to be a bodybuilder and I know about the formula.

Another thing, everyone sees bulk differently. Women are encouraged to lift heavy and are told they want bulk up. Well, bulk doesn't just imply to bodybuilding. Every bodybuilder doesn't take anything to make them big. I will speak for women. Some women bodybuilders that train naturally are bigger than others. I will now speak about men. Some men bodybuilders that train naturally are bigger than others. No one can tell me that all bodybuilders females and males are the same size.

And yes, some women can bulk up faster than other women. A woman and man can only speak for their own body. If you aren't bulking up or putting on muscles fast, than speak for your body. You can't speak for the next person.

I know that some people will come at me in an immature way. I'm a mature woman. A serious one at that. I don't have time for games. People needs to stop trying to make fun of people and grow up. Water always flows.

Careful!

If you keep typing this much your arms are gonna get all muscular.

1241887517028e.jpg