Ex boyfriend advice desperately needed

Options
12346»

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Send him a shirt. What harm is it doing.
    And this must be the ex-boyfriend.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies, but I'd get a male un-neutered cat to pee on a shirt and send it to him. What a creep!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Send him a shirt. What harm is it doing.
    And this must be the ex-boyfriend.

That's what I thought.
    Really though, I wouldn't write back to him at all. He doesn't deserve any explanations and I don't think he's entitled to any more of your time.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, how creepy! My mind would be reeling too! I'd totally just do what you're doing though and just not respond, and forget about the email. What a waste of energy to even have to focus on that weirdo for a second. Just thank your lucky stars that Creepo's your EX :)
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Just tell him what perfume you wear and he'll probably get a bottle. Then he'll make his new GF wear it and give her a pet name. Which will coincidentally be your name.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Please: sent it to his current girlfriend. If I were his gf, I'd totally want to know about that.

Block him, don't give him your shirt lol!

That is really weird.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    If your gut feeling is that this is creepy .. It is! He's a perv!

Nuff said!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Send him a man's shirt..sprayed with cologne, and tell him it belongs to the guy who is allowed to smell you now!!
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    Forward to the girlfriend, then block him.

i agree. ick
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Don't send it to his bird, nothing good would come from it. He probably misses you more than he lets on.

Don't be sending him any clothing though, it's beyond weird. I would slap myself if I ever sent that.
  • bks1
    bks1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice guys, I want to respond to each of you and tell you how grateful I am you took the time to help me out. I knew this situation was bizarre but I honestly have no one to talk to about it.

So my plan is- ignore him. No response, no forwarding email to his psycho gf- nothing. I'm hoping that my silence will be the most powerful response- sometimes receiving the silent treatment can get you thinking and I hope he cringes and regrets sending something like that!

As for his girlfriend- she is a trouble maker and would start a fight with me because she hates me. So I'm not going there at all.

There have been some great suggestions about pranks and stuff lol, soooo tempting, but as I said, silence is more dignified, and I want to take that road :)

As for the idea that his gf sent the email- I honestly don't think so. It's his words, his way of putting things (although a bit scrambled).

Thank you all again, MFPs. You guys are awesome and I love our community!
  • bks1
    bks1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just one final query tho.... Does anyone think he just said he didn't want a friendship etc because he knew it would upset me, or he genuinely doesn't want a friendship? Previous emails of his were very suggestive of just wanting a friendship.

Just curious.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I think you've wasted too much time on thinking about him at all. You're a beautiful thoughtful girl. I guarantee there's a someone near you right now that wishes he could be with you.

Keep the "ex" in front of "boyfriend" and close that chapter.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    IGNORE, DELETE, BLOCK..problem solved. Take 3 steps forward, not 2 steps back. You can do it and you will feel SO much better.
  • cath775
    Options
    Def..just block him. He wants the attention and you don't need to give him any....Focus your energy on you.

Sounds like he has issues anyway!!
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    Just one final query tho.... Does anyone think he just said he didn't want a friendship etc because he knew it would upset me, or he genuinely doesn't want a friendship? Previous emails of his were very suggestive of just wanting a friendship.

Just curious.

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks HE is thinking .. ONLY he can answer that question.

Be careful how you translate his choice of word "friends'.. You not be on the same 'page' as he .. If you need to know .. ask him.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    IGNORE, DELETE, BLOCK..problem solved. Take 3 steps forward, not 2 steps back. You can do it and you will feel SO much better.

I agree with this....you said in your OP that he broke your heart. Its probably best for you to move on and don't look back.

Some guys have this complex where maybe they don't want you (or not right now anyway), but they also don't want anyone else to have you either. He might just be trying to keep you strung along 'just in case', thinking he might want to come back if things go bad with the current girl. Its less painful to keep the break open then to let him get close and mess with your head again!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I think you've wasted too much time on thinking about him at all. You're a beautiful thoughtful girl. I guarantee there's a someone near you right now that wishes he could be with you.

Keep the "ex" in front of "boyfriend" and close that chapter.

This man is wise, and knows what he's talking about. :-)