support group for losing those last 10 lbs.

Options

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Love this Website, thank you!!
    Hi ladies..Im so excited we all are supporting each other and replying/posting our success and challenges...that was really my vision when starting this support group!! Keep it up!

I want you to think about something regarding cutting calories to lose weight..this is taken from Tom Venuto's book Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle.(HIGHLY recommend!!)

hiya. :) Yes this is the book i've been wanting to get!!! That or will brink's book. I tried to order it in at dymocks but you can only order it online at their website so I'll have to get onto that soon!

Scooby highly recommends it. http://scoobysworkshop.com/ Scoobysworkshop is a great website! Check it out guys if you haven't already! :)

He writes a Tom Venuto review here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/burn-the-fat-tom-venuto/
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    nsv - i can stand in a door way and kick the top of the door frame again. not sure how i need that skill in life but i can do it!

Yay! :smile:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    nsv - i can stand in a door way and kick the top of the door frame again. not sure how i need that skill in life but i can do it!

THAT IS AMAZING! Do you have video? :happy: You and I are the same height. I'm pretty sure I would be found flat on my back in the door-frame after such an attempt!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i think we do reach a set point with our weights but i also feel like with diet/exercise you have some control over that weight. for instance, when i started losing weight i was 150. i had maintained 142ish for years. well, i decided i didn't want to be 142ish and now i think if i stay active and keep eating right i can probably maintain 127. so i think there is some way to change it but you just have to be willing to keep a healthy lifestyle. of course if you stop eating well you will have a harder time keeping the set point down. the thing is that most people can't maintain the changes they have made and that's why weight gain happens. that is exactly what happened to me and then my body decided with the way i was eating that 142 was good. but it doesn't have to be.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options

THAT IS AMAZING! Do you have video? :happy: You and I are the same height. I'm pretty sure I would be found flat on my back in the door-frame after such an attempt!

i am home alone right now so no one to take pictures! i did think about it though. dont try it unless you are very warmed up and pumped after a workout!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options

This!! LOL!!:laugh:
    Good for you!!! that is a great NSV!!!!
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am so bummed! I had gotten all these great tips for starting a running routine and was all motivated to go out for a walk/jog and start on my running journey, when all the sudden I got these horrible chest pains. Turns out I have a lung infection that I have to go in for this next week and get antibiotics :( Can't do anything that makes me breathe any harder than normal. Very bummed by this development!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am so bummed! I had gotten all these great tips for starting a running routine and was all motivated to go out for a walk/jog and start on my running journey, when all the sudden I got these horrible chest pains. Turns out I have a lung infection that I have to go in for this next week and get antibiotics :( Can't do anything that makes me breathe any harder than normal. Very bummed by this development!

Sorry to hear that! I hope you're back to normal soon!
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options

take care of yourself!
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    cbinnd... I hope you feel better soon!

Good morning! I overslept because I have my 5 and 3 year olds up all night coughing! One of them was up when my alarm went off at 5 and I had to wait to get up, because if she knew I was up, she would have though getting up was okay! Then it was 7 and it's time to start school with my older kids!

Just doing a half day because of involvement of a Fall Festival tonight and errands to run. Now I have to fit 6 miles in at some point! I am supposed to do Ripped in 30 as well...probably won't have time for either but the 6 miler is my goal!

I had dinner on saturday even though I was juice fasting (or supposed to be). I had my first day of just juice yesterday...nothing solid to eat (i've been doing the fast but also eating some fruits and veggies). I am definately having withdrawls today, all of my muscles are sore from the detox! I'd like to continue till Friday. If I get hungry, I'll have fruits and veggies. Usually, you won't be hungry on a juice fast though because you are getting calories.

I will do my food journal with juice entries!

Nice to meet al of you! I am so grateful to have support for the last 10. It's great to hear everyone's stories and know I am not alone!
  • trammellsheryl06
    trammellsheryl06 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I wish you a speedy recovery...!!!
  • trammellsheryl06
    trammellsheryl06 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Week two; still at a plateau with 5 pounds to reach my ideal weight. That is all...!!! :-(
  • tsoprano
    tsoprano Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anyone up for a November Challenge? Lets think of something together!
  • Becky1971
    Options
    Yes I am up for it! Been wanting to come up with something.
    Anyone up for a November Challenge? Lets think of something together!
  • Becky1971
    Options
    Oh man, what a bummer! Rest up,. and maybe healing will go more quickly.
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have been the same weight bouncing up and down 1 pound for over a month. It isn't a bad weight but I would like to lose a couple more. Interested to read about how other people are dealing with this challenge.
  • mom4nursing
    mom4nursing Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • tracimy9
    Options
    I'm up for a new challenge for November! I took this weekend off, ate, drank, didn't workout. Just decided to take a rest. No change on the scale this a.m. (couldn't resist checking).

My elbow is just healing, so I'm finally into the part where I'm strengthening it back up. Not sure I'm ready for push-ups yet or getting back into yoga, but I have started doing more core work, particularly bicycle kicks on the floor. Do 2+ minutes, do other sets of exercies, do 2+ more minutes....etc.
  • tsoprano
    tsoprano Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How about an exercise challenge? Burn 50 more calories a day than your daily goal? Thoughts?
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies::flowerforyou:

I have a question for the week...will be interested in what everyone says and to start a discussion:.....................................

***Do you eat back your exercise calories?
    ***Also, how much do you eat total and how many calories do you burn on average per day?

CHALLENGE this WEEK:.........................do something "extra" at each workout IE: add an extra 10 minutes of high intensity cardio (sprints etc), add 2-3 lb weights into your cardio routine, switch up the time of day that you work out, increase your intensity..try HIIT..., add hills to your workout (treadmill), walk at lunch time..
    let's keep our bodies guessing!!!!