Clothing styles you hate..........

Replies

• Women's shoes that are ridiculously pointy at the toe and 4 inches longer than your foot...c'mon, don't you know those are made for elfs?!? That women on the 'What not to Wear' show seems to favor those and they look absoulutely silly.

Couldn't agree with you more! They are so tacky and hideous. Miu Miu seem to have been trying to revive the trend the last couple of seasons, thankfully it doesn't seem to be taking off again though. They should stay buried in the 90's and early 00's where they belong.
  • obrien821
    obrien821 Posts: 215
    Leggings as pants. If your shirt is long enough to cover your rear-end, fine, but I do NOT need to see every muscle in your butt move as you walk!

I chuckled out loud with this one!!! I totally agree!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I haven't read all the responses this morning...

But I never did like capris with tall boots. It was all the rage for a while. I just found it retarded looking.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Cowboy boots on anyone not actually working a ranch. Particularly hate cowboy boots and a dress; are you going to muck the stalls in that?

This drives me bonkers.

I really hate "cute" flannel, too.
  • obrien821
    obrien821 Posts: 215
    From the Renaissance Faire "awful clothing" files:

People who wear a pair of pantyhose and think they're tights.
    People who wear a hat that looks like an animal is devouring their head... I know that's a legitimate barbarian thing, I just find it really disturbing to look at.
    Fishnet stockings. I don't mean to disillusion anyone, but the 'sexy pirate' Halloween costume is really not that historically accurate. Put some pants on. Please.
    Mini-kilts. While I applaud gentlemen with the courage to embrace their Celtic traditions, the hem of the kilt should be closer to your knees than to your jewels. At least it should be long enough to cover your butt. Especially if you're wearing the traditional undergarments (nothing) underneath it.

haha...this is funny. I went to the Bristol Ren Faire in WI this past summer and I can't even mention all the bad costumes I saw there! Some things just can't be unseen once the damage is done!!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    people who wear tapout or UFC shirts that don't actually fight.
    anyone wearing ed hardy or affliction.
    guys in skinny jeans.
  • So basically if someone wanted to put an outfit together based on what everyone has said here that leave ... Umm well Nothing ... I think what Really matters it Wear clothing that fits and flatters you and thats it... If someone doesnt agree with my style thats fine Im not asking you to wear it... but I like it and I feel Confident in it... and Confidence looks good on ANYONE! I think its a wee bit superficial to worry about what someone is wear and if its the IN thing.... Just be happy... I agree people shouldnt wear things that show off too much body or are the way wrong size but if it fits then thats it.... IDK my opinion!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    this :noway:

5731.jpg

that is just nast.

i can appreciate fashion in any way. i can't think of something that i honestly hate. doesn't mean I'd wear it but maybe on others it works.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Women's shoes that are ridiculously pointy at the toe and 4 inches longer than your foot...c'mon, don't you know those are made for elfs?!? That women on the 'What not to Wear' show seems to favor those and they look absoulutely silly.

Hey now those shoes are for personal protection, they could poke a hole in someone if you kicked them right haha. That being said I always imagine them taking off their shoes and their toes are shaped that way. I am kind of jealous of people that can wear cute girly shoes though.........stupid bunion.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Guys in skinny jeans. That's all.
  • Grimmerick
    So basically if someone wanted to put an outfit together based on what everyone has said here that leave ... Umm well Nothing ... I think what Really matters it Wear clothing that fits and flatters you and thats it... If someone doesnt agree with my style thats fine Im not asking you to wear it... but I like it and I feel Confident in it... and Confidence looks good on ANYONE! I think its a wee bit superficial to worry about what someone is wear and if its the IN thing.... Just be happy... I agree people shouldnt wear things that show off too much body or are the way wrong size but if it fits then thats it.... IDK my opinion!

Hey now don't take a fun post that people are enjoying and try to inject it with seriousness and personal logic. This post is for fun and fun only so just enjoy it don't judge it. I think everyone here already knows what you have said because it is common sense, no one expects anyone to look at this and go well I can't wear that because no one likes it. But there is a style of clothing that each and everyone of us just doesn't like and we are entitled to that. But what you said is just plain old common sense, we are doing this for fun.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Tops like this that I'm fairly certain were just designed to hide a womans belly.

juicysmocked.jpg

babydoll-top.jpg
  • I really wasnt trying to do any of that.. I was just reading everyone and as a younger girl I wear some of the outfits and as a VERY insecure person It made me think do I really look bad in it... I was sharing my thoughts... You dont have to read it... but I think Im entitled to my opinion... and I wasnt being rude or judgmental at all ... Thank you :)
    So basically if someone wanted to put an outfit together based on what everyone has said here that leave ... Umm well Nothing ... I think what Really matters it Wear clothing that fits and flatters you and thats it... If someone doesnt agree with my style thats fine Im not asking you to wear it... but I like it and I feel Confident in it... and Confidence looks good on ANYONE! I think its a wee bit superficial to worry about what someone is wear and if its the IN thing.... Just be happy... I agree people shouldnt wear things that show off too much body or are the way wrong size but if it fits then thats it.... IDK my opinion!

Hey now don't take a fun post that people are enjoying and try to inject it with seriousness and personal logic. This post is for fun and fun only so just enjoy it don't judge it.
  • Grimmerick
    I really wasnt trying to do any of that.. I was just reading everyone and as a younger girl I wear some of the outfits and as a VERY insecure person It made me think do I really look bad in it... I was sharing my thoughts... You dont have to read it... but I think Im entitled to my opinion... and I wasnt being rude or judgmental at all ... Thank you :)

Hey now don't take a fun post that people are enjoying and try to inject it with seriousness and personal logic. This post is for fun and fun only so just enjoy it don't judge it.

I am sorry you are insecure, you should realize clothes have nothing to do with being secure and confident. That is what is truly superficial. Clothes should have nothing to do with your level of confidence.
  • hmmm.... Your too sweet! I posted my opinion on the SUBJECT its my opinion Im entitled to it.. I didnt post it to offend you nor have it picked apart or Judged by you.... ...
    I really wasnt trying to do any of that.. I was just reading everyone and as a younger girl I wear some of the outfits and as a VERY insecure person It made me think do I really look bad in it... I was sharing my thoughts... You dont have to read it... but I think Im entitled to my opinion... and I wasnt being rude or judgmental at all ... Thank you :)

I am sorry you are insecure, you should realize clothes have nothing to do with being secure and confident. That is what is truly superficial. Clothes should have nothing to do with your level of confidence.
  • myshell26
    myshell26 Posts: 113
    I really dislike rompers, jumpsuits and crocs.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Basketball shorts when it's 35F outside...saw that a lot this morning.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    For women, I hate the no pants trend. If you're going to wear a dress, wear a dress, not a really long shirt with no pants. I also hate gladiator sandals (not flattering on anyone), kitten heels (what is the point?), and booties with skirts (they chop off your legs at the ankle ... again, not flattering on anyone). And the loose, boxy shirt trend ... what makes people think wearing a shapeless garment is attractive? Unless you are 6 feet tall and weigh 100 lbs, it's just going to make you look fat and sloppy.

For men, definitely hate skinny jeans. I hate when men wear pants that aren't long enough (they should come almost to the ground, not to the top of your shoe). I hate backwards or sideways caps (if you're a teenager, you look like a hoodlum; if you're an adult, you look like a teenager). Not a fan of men wearing suits without a tie.

When it comes to jeans, I think light washes should be reserved for men only, and I really don't like jeans with sneakers or sweatshirts. I just think, unless you're a college student, if you're going to wear jeans you could make the effort to dress them up a little.

Oh, and wearing pajamas and/or house slippers in public ... absolute no.
  • Grimmerick
    hmmm.... Your too sweet! I posted my opinion on the SUBJECT its my opinion Im entitled to it.. I didnt post it to offend you nor have it picked apart or Judged by you.... ...

you know what I changed my mind, not even worth it, I am truly sorry you are insecure and I hope one day you realize that you don't have to be.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,438 Member
    girls who wear pants that are too low in the waist and show a whale-tail....I don't care that you wear thong underwear!

and pretty much everything else already noted!!