Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Black Team Challenge Week 5

Replies

• jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    So glad you found your ring Andrew :drinker:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Andrew, I am so happy that you found your wedding ring. That is terrific news! YEAH!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Aww Batman, so glad you found your ring! I know we were all pulling for you!

Last night I bought myself an Ab Rocket...have you guys seen these? Target had a promotion that if you bought the machine you could get a free $20 Target gift card...very cool...it wasn't cheap, and I don't typically splurge on big ticket items, but I figure, I did my part for the economy AND my body. I also found an exercise ball at K Mart for $5! The Ab Rocket is pretty cool, and it came with a cardio dance workout DVD that was a lot of fun...I couldn't even get through the whole thing though, it was pretty intense...so this morning I did my beginner Ab Rocket workout (only about 5 minutes) then about 15 minutes of cardio dancing...then I went outside and helped my brother chip up some ice so he could shovel it out of our driveway...it doesn't sound like a lot, but even though I took a short nap this afternoon I am STILL exhausted...and tomorrow I have to be up super early for blood work at my doctor's office...blah...
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Yay Andrewwwww-- so happy for you and Mrs. Batman!!!!

Back to the Superbowl and some hot wings-- youch!!

Later-- !!
  • Marla64
    okay-- now I know there will be no loss on Wednesday-- sorry team. We had our usual family Superbowl shebang-- just for us, which for a family of 11 is still quite a gathering-- !!! Wings, spinach dip, chili dip, cold cuts, cake and ice cream. I indulged in a bit of everything, and even though I only had breakfast and saved all my lunch calories, I feel very full right now-- blech.

Hubster bought me my Slim-Fast. When I first began losing weight in June I did it on Slim-Fast. Back then, as now, I wasn't gaining. Actually, I hadn't gained, really, in years. But, I had to take food out of the equation to jumpstart the metabolism. It worked, and I lost 11 pounds and then found this site.

Now, I'm in the same rut. I gained 3 over the holidays, but despite best efforts haven't lost anything-- so, I'm taking food out of the equation again for awhile. I'm desperate to meet the goal I set last June, and I just lost a whole month of time!!!

So, while it's doubtful I'll post a loss on Wednesday-- heck with the bloating the wings will induce, I'll probably be up-- I hold water for days at a time after a sodium laden treat-- but, I'm getting back to basics tomorrow to get this train back on the right track.

Hope everyone is having a good day-- :heart: to all--
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Andrew, awesome you found your ring.

Laura, wow sounds like you exercised like crazy. Makes me feel like a lazybutt laying around watching movies all weekend. The "e" word is really my least favorite thing.

Marla, good luck--whatever works. Sounds like your party was fun.

Lynnie
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    SO today I have gotten in half of my water. exersiced for 50 minutes and worked until 3:20pm. I haven't been able to workout like I usually do because our bed was in the living room due to new tile in our room. then friday we had to eat out becuase we had the tile guy do the kitchen as well. Today he did the main bath and tomorrow he is doing the laundry nook and then he is going to start the hardwood floors in the hallway and madisons room. that won't be so fun if he can't do it in one day.

Andrew glad you found your ring! I can't wear mine becasue it doesn't fit and hubs doesn't want to pay to have it resized until I get down to my goal weight. It's not good to keep having it resized. it's not good for the diamonds.

Laura great job on the exercise. Keep it up and it will help out next week!:wink:

Marla ENJOY those wings for me!! YUM!!:blushing:

Lynnie I was going what is the "e" word then I got it!! DUH Hello mcfly!!:tongue:
    I hope you learn to love it soon!!:bigsmile:

Everyone else have a great night!!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Morning Black team!

Today is a run and some abb work.

Ive got some upper body soreness from yesterdays workout...feels good:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

have a great day...
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Spyguy - Yea! for finding your ring!

Geez, everybody's rings are getting too big. When counting inched lost, you should include all the inches from your fingers. :laugh:

Yesterday we had some people over for the superbowl. (Go Steelers!) We had ribs which I don't like so I thought I'd do pretty well calorie-wise. Um, I was wrong. I ate so much spinach artichoke dip and chips, plus 3 cans of Coke and (no water :noway: ) and chocolate that I almost tripled the calories I should've eaten for the day.

When I clicked the complete button it said If every day were like today in 5 weeks I'd GAIN 21 POUNDS! :noway: :grumble: Now today I know I need to get my butt in gear but I just feel sick to my stomach.

I hadn't hit the dreaded p-word but I hoped if I ate a little over my calories yesterday it'd help me avoid one. That wishful thinking is what kept me stuffing my face all night so I WAY overate.

Dave's parents are getting back from Hawaii today. They went for their 31st anniversary/a belated honeymoon. From all the traveling for work Dave used to do, he was able to give them points for their flight and hotel and save them lots of money. They want to take us out to a nice dinner tonight as a thank you. (Plus they want to see Harley after being gone over a week.) I know it's not gonna be until like 7pm but I don't even want to think of eating today. :sick: It's like I have a food hangover.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    bumping so I can find you later when I have more time..

crazy day...

janie
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Hi team..

Seems like everyone is having a crazy day - pretty quiet out there.

I am having the day from H#@ll - too many meetings, too little time. Hope to get out for a swim (if I can convince the kids to come) or Wii fit later tonight..

Up to 6 cups of water, but hoping to pound more as I go..

Hang in there all.. janie
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    My computer is crashing every 5 minutes but I'm addicted & miss all of you!

I lost my ring last week, too. While I was feeding everyone dinner, it fell off my hand. It was a fun 2 hours of looking for it. I just don't wear it now. *sigh*

I should have the computer back late this week...this one keeps kicking me off line & freezing so I probably won't be around again until I get it back. I am seriously having withdrawl.

Doing good with the water, though! I've had nothing but water & one cup of herbal tea so I'm doing awesome with this one! Woo hoo!

TTYL!
    :heart:
  • punka274
    Sara im so sorry you lost your ring:frown: i will pray that you find it soon. Bummer:ohwell: Great job on your challenge:drinker:

Janie-I hope your get time for you wii or the swimming....great job with the water so far!

Hey to everybody!

I finished my run and abb workout. Im glad its over, now off to drink some water.....GO BLACK TEAM:drinker:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Sara...glad you found your ring. We miss you!

I just finished the 30 day shred, did some cleaning, waiting for hubby to get home from work so I can get my walk in. Go Black Team !!
  • AmandaJ
    Sarah, it was good to see you post!

I rode my exercise bike and got my walk in. Did some arm weights and am going to do sit-ups today. My throat is sore and I feel blah so I am pushing myself.

Hope everybody is having a great day, wishing you all the best! :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Ok andrew this challenge has got to be the hardest one I have done. I am right now working on 72 oz. That is good for me because before this I could go the whole day with out a glass of water. I don't think I am winning that water filter but heck we have a water filter in our fridge so I would have told you to give it to the next person anyways!

I did another crazy workout! I got in 513 calories burned and a 5K in 39 minutes 15 seconds!! YAY ME!!!

Hope everyone else is doing great!!
    SARA I MISS YOU!!!

Marla were are you?!?!?
  • Marla64
    He' I is!!

buckwheat.jpg

Sorry-- slipped into Buckwheat there for a minute-- my bad.

I'm lurking, just no time to post much-- :heart: to my team!
  • punka274
    Morning

Samantha...great job on your 5K...:drinker:

Amanda....how are you feeling today? I usually take a day off when im sick so my hats off to you :flowerforyou:

Marla-LOL at your buckwheat moment...my kids watch that show(or the movie,not the show)

Today is some lowerbody work...i plan on going as heavy as i can.

Go Black Team:heart:
  • AmandaJ
    A 5K- that is awesome Sam! That is my bf and my goal someday - we walked in one a few years ago but to run it would be so awesome!

Amelia- I am still feeling better icky and the scale is back up today. I am off to swim laps and water aerobics and then I am honestly thinking about going back to bed. I don't feel awful but miserable enough.

I hope everybody has a wonderful day and that the scale rewards us tomorrow morning for all of our hard work.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Hey guys.
    :drinker: :drinker:
    Keep up the good work.
    Here's to another day!
This discussion has been closed.