What's the saddest song you know?

Options

Replies

• SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Old as ****, but Traveling Soldier by Dixie Chicks gets me everytime.

This actually came on in the car two nights ago. My husband and daughter had never heard it and my husband said, "I have a feeling this song isn't going to end well." lol

For me, Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton is one. When I did home daycare, we had to do monthly training. One month it was on child abuse recognition. We were watching a video about a family where the dad had shaken the baby to death. I was holding it together until that damn song came on.

"I'm Already There" by Lonestar. The first time I heard this was when my husband was deployed. I was in my truck driving somewhere and I had to pull over because I was crying so hard I couldn't see.

"There Goes My Life" by Kenny Chesney. Totally reminds me of my husband and daughter. The older she gets, the worse it gets.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Amazing Grace will make me cry everytime. I think because it's sung at most funerals I've attended.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Hurt Johnny Cash and many others. But that's the first one that comes to mind..

Oh and "Daddy's Hand's" by Holly Dunn and "How can I help you say goodbye" by Patty Loveless <-- wonderful song. Those are very heartbreaking to me.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zNf4sOO_mg

This one makes me cry every time I hear it...but you have to watch it to the very end to get the full effects of the song. I listened to it a few times on the radio, then watched the video....BAWLED MY EYES OUT....
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zNf4sOO_mg

This one makes me cry every time I hear it...but you have to watch it to the very end to get the full effects of the song. I listened to it a few times on the radio, then watched the video....BAWLED MY EYES OUT....

WATCH TO THE VERY END!!
  • MrsDundas87
    Options
    Pink Dear Mr President makes me cry every time I hear it! First heard it 2 days after having my son and the line 'How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye' tears me up every time.

Also Creed With Arms Wide Open has me in tears too.
  • Aprillsmith
    Options
    The one being played between a thumb and forefinger on the world's tiniest violin
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    By far the saddest song ive ever heard is........ TEDDY BEAR by RED SOVINE if you take the time to listen to it you will cry by the end guranteed. :(

That one is right up at the Top of My List of Saddest Songs EVER!!
    I heard "One Last Christmas" on the radio the other day, and it is even worse!! Not sure who sings it.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Christmas Shoes-
    this.

and wind beneath my wings
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    the first song that comes to mind is "Cats in the Cradle".
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Strange Fruit - Billy Holliday
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Where've You Been, Kathy Matea
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Diamond Rio "I believe".

And I don't even LIKE country music.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    "He Stopped Loving Her Today", followed by "The Grand Tour", both sung by George Jones.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    "Sister" by Dave Matthews. It's to his sister, who was murdered by her husband.

Just thinking about that really gets to me.
  • lolemmerz
    Options
    shattered by trading yesterdayyyy
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Strange Fruit - Billy Holliday
    Agreed. Gorgeous song that breaks my heart every time I hear it.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Brothers in arms - Dire Straits
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Dust in the Wind by Kansas and Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah both move me.
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Alan Jackson's Remember When

OMG i was just about to post this. i cry like a baby every time i hear this song. It was the song they played at my stepfathers wake,:sad: