Your man cook and do dishes?

Options

Replies

• mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    haha, i also suck at cleaning in general!
    so i do all the cooking, and all dishes etc. I basically look after the kitchen! its my domain! haha.

I tend to clean the bathroom every second time also, is just easier for me, lol.especially the tiled walls etc, being tall has its con's eh!

I usually put all the laundry away too, i dont clean it, or hang it out as i apparently suck at that too.

:p
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I cook, he does the dishes, we do the laundry and the housekeeper & the landscaper do the rest. :happy:
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yep - mine does both, and always says thank you when I do it. He's a good one!

I do a bit more of the cooking and dishes in general because he works much longer hours than I do, plus I'm more experienced in the kitchen. I do most of the breakfasts while he goes out for a workout (except when he makes crepes or banitsa on the weekend while I relax, which I looooove!), and we share cooking dinners.

He''s getting more confident with cooking and I'm more than happy to let him get experimental... Usually we do 'whoever cooks doesn't have to do the dishes' but we're pretty flexible.

It's great having a partner who appreciates the effort that goes into good healthy meals, and makes the effort to cook well for both of us. Sometimes he cooks in his underwear, I like that too!!
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I do most of the dinner cooking, and about half the dishes.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I do the cooking and the dishes and most of the cleaning. He does the grocery shopping, vacuuming, mops floors, and does most of the laundry, unless he's in trial and then I do all of it. It's been a battle because he literally does not notice when things are messy or dirty -- he won't do the chores without being asked. It's annoying only because I work longer hours and the last thing I want to do when I get home is nag my husband or have to clean. I did wake him up last night to ask that he hire a housekeeper when he is too busy or distracted to do his chores.

His pre-marriage bachelor pad was such a disaster his mom wouldn't use the restroom and I wouldn't cook in his kitchen. Now, the floor next to his side of the bed is his messy zone; I only venture over there once a month to clean it up.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Being in the restaurant industry for 17 years I've become quite amazing in the kitchen so I do all the cooking and dishes... but that's only because I'm single. So if any ladies out there would like to share in the duites let me know :wink: :laugh:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    When we were first married and we both worked we split the cooking and cleaning chores. I am now a stay at home mom, so I willingly do the cooking and usually clean up after. I do most of the house cleaning, laundry, etc. But when I need help, I just ask him. Don't nag. Just ask nicely.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    So I want whoever my future special guy to cook, clean, etc., just because (out of the kindness of his heeart)!... I hope I get him one day :)
  • LRH64
    LRH64 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My husband is a chef, so he will cook what I want on the weekends since he is not home at night during the week. He also does the dishes, cleans the house and does laundry......and no ladies I am NOT giving him up! I know when I got it Good:bigsmile:
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    all i can say is ASK HIM NOW what you would like him to help you around the house with.....i didnt, and let me tell ya, men (and probably women too) are hard to train after you have cooked, cleaned, taken out garbage, etc for them!!!
    mine is just now (after 3 1/2 years) starting to take the garbage can to the road!

some call it lazy...(and sometimes i agree)..but i take some of that blame for him being that way.... most people make the same mistake when they first meet....do everything for that special person because we love them and want to reel them in.... :) you cant expect miracles once the vows are said, and after you've been their maid and mother prior to it :)

set up the "chores chart" now! Good luck :)
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    he does everything 50/50............ when i find him :)
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    We share. I cook, he does the dishes, then usually I dry. He vacuums and tends to the kitty litter, I'll mop and sweep the other floors and make the bed. We share bathroom responsibilities and dusting (we both HATE dusting!). He washes the clothes, we both fold and then I put away. It's a partnership ;-)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I do ALL the cooking, cleaning, laundry, yardwork, bills, tutoring, and still manage to work part time and workout. My wife gets to come home and still be a mom and get foot rubs....................
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    ugh....I need a new husband! I do everything and it's really starting to get to me!!! :grumble:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Of course mine does...this is the 21st century, after all.
    He still susprises me with packed lunches, dinner dates and even cleans the bathroom on a regular basis.

I thought this was normal!
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm a sahm so I do it all, but now that I think about it even when I was working I did it all. lol
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You BET he Does!!! I'm VERY Lucky as my Husband is: 1) a much better cook than I am. 2) Enjoys cooking more than I do. And 3) When we decided to get married, I made it plain I Did Not Do Dishes, and he was completely cool with that! I will admit that becuase now that I am no longer working outside the Home and He is working a lot more hours these days---I try hard to help out with Both the cooking and the dishes to make life easier for him. My Husband is definitely A Renaissance Man and A Keeper!! Lucky Me!:happy:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Mine does! Not all the time, but he'll randomly surprise me by having a hot meal ready and doing the dishes. Normaly we will split the chores. If I cook, he'll help with the dishes.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The duties fall about half and half between us but my husband does the lawn and ALL of the laundry so I think I'll keep him.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    if it's at my bf's house, i do the cooking and the dishes and he also do the cooking but not the dishes. :P