Pet names as in honey, babe, etc

Options

Replies

• janeyloveslife
    janeyloveslife Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My husband and I pretty much always call each other 'darling' 'sweet heart' and 'honey'. I'm not too keen on any of those names if I stop and think about it, but it's a habbit that has stuck. If he calls me 'babe' though I Oink. It always make me think of the pig!

I started calling him 'snookums' for a while there just to mix it up, and one day he just went NUTS at me about it, and said he hates that name! So never again. lol
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA! My fiance calls me "sugar tits" too! LOL!
    My boyfriend calls me "broad" and "sugar tits".....baby is too overrated lol
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't mind being called baby by a boyfriend, but it infuriates me when a random guy does it.

Oddly enough, I don't mind being called sweetheart or darling by other people. As others have said, being from the South, it's a pretty common thing.
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    I get called "pooh bear"... an allusion to my "pre MFP" self ..
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I like calling my SO kitten emoticon-animal-061.gif[/url]
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I get a special name that he doesn't use towards anyone else.. Of course I like!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    My wife calls me lots of different pet names: a__hole, dipsh!t, f___head. She loves me lots.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I currently call my SO babe. I can't call him by name, as it's also my brother's name which is just... f*c*ed up.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I had an x who called me his chicken nugget? that was a little weird lol...

My fiance and I have our own little thing... from day to day I call him my boo boo and I am his babu... and when writing to each other he is my googly bear and I am his schmoopsie pooh, which he can't say properly with his adorable french accent so the says Snootzie pooh... it is cute :D and endearing and not at all weird... mind you in public it is boo... or babu, mon p'tit baby d'amour
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I was seeing a man who called me sugartits. It didn't bother me.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My husband calls me "babe" as if it's my name. Even if he's calling my name to get my attention in a crowded room, which I find a little weird. (Kind of like the time my mother saw my brother in a large group of boys and tried to get his attention by calling "Hey son!") I think the only time he uses my name is when he's talking about me in the third person.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I currently call my SO babe. I can't call him by name, as it's also my brother's name which is just... f*c*ed up.
    Oh mine is the name of my father and brother, so I don't use it much either!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The Hubster calls me Twinkle :love:

I don't really have a pet name for him though :ohwell: ... now that's not entirely true... he usually gets called Grumpy :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I was seeing a man who called me sugartits. It didn't bother me.

My ex-husband called me Tits McGee. It was all good.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Only call him by his real name when I'm pissed or at a critical ...er....moment of passion
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    "baby" works wonders if siad by the right person...*swoon*
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My H and I have a theory about name calling. It seems like people very often shorten their spouses name to one syllable, or they choose a pet name instead of using a given name. My name is Carrie so my H calls me "Car" (Care), or more often "Hun", and sometimes "Babe". I don't particularly like "Hun" or "Babe". His name is already one syllable so I call him by his name most of the time. Occasionally instead of "Sweetie" he'll call me "Sweaty". :laugh:
  • cptnjck0209
    cptnjck0209 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find them really reeeally CRINGE. People who use them in groups/public make me hurt a little =P
    But used in private or via text or email by my SO (haven't got one atm, just when I do) then I'm quite a fan =)

I have a hideous hideous obsession with giving people weird nicknames or pet-names when I'm dating them though.
    Richard=Roo for example. Sometimes they're not related to the name but I'll suddenly not be able to stop myself from calling someone 'bambino' or 'bubs' or 'fluff' or whatever ridiculous thing pops into my head!

So far none of them have openly minded, and I do reserve my pet-names for private conversations, not in front of his/our friends =P
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have a problem calling everyone darlin, hun, doll, doll-face, or babe....they mean nothing to me

My ex fiance use to call me babens...

Usually is a generic pet names I get called or nicknames (banana, naners, trouble, ****-head)
  • manda1028
    Options
    haha.. i get called the regulars like hun, babe and baby when hes excited ( not sexually lol , but generally excited bout something) and lately, hes been calling me "who who" cuz he calls my boobs who whos and so now i am who who.. umm yeah. i only say hunny and only to him. its hard for words like baby to slip my mouth..makes me feel sooo weird