Any "Last Stubborn 20 pounders" out there?

Options
Mickie17
Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
What's working for you? I'm in this range, and it's frustrating. I'd love to hear what;'s working for you!!!

Replies

• Mickie17
    Options
    What's working for you? I'm in this range, and it's frustrating. I'd love to hear what;'s working for you!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

So far, nuttin-- :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

I lost my first 11 from SlimFast, so I'm going to go back on that next week. I've been stagnant since Thanksgiving--
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Right here! I am stuck on my last 6. I'd like to get to 125 and see how I feel, then maybe drop to 120 if I don't like 125. But I'm stuck at 131! The lowest I've gotten in the past 2 years was 130. Before that I reached 129, but actually had a higher body fat then than I do now. I'm happy with the amount of muscle mass I have but getting below 20% body fat has been a challenge. Part of it is due to the fact that I have been losing fat for so long, so of course my metabolism has slowed a bit, and I think being on birth control may make it more difficult. I have had to really amp up my training...cardio and resistance training both. Lots of full body workouts, lots of working to fatigue, lots of running and step aerobics. Running burns up so many calories it's easy to maintain a good-sized deficit. But sometimes I do eat maintenance or overeat a little bit to give myself a rest. I train and eat more intuitively now.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You have to add variety to your exercising-change it up! Every 3 weeks you should change the type of exercises you do. Make sure your eating enough calories! If you don't, your body takes from the muscles for energy-and you need lots of those to burn the nasty fat! Make sure you are doing strength training on all your muscle groups at least once a week, but never do the same groups 2 days in a row, they need to heal for at least 48 hours. Tons of water, over 8 if possible. If you need any other ideas, let me know. Have fun, give it a try.:wink:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I was in the last 20 and then Nov/Dec got here...I completely and totally went nuts and ate whatever I wanted for 2 months with little exercise...so I am in the last 20 plus some...but I have put it in gear this last week and the scale is starting to move in the right direction!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo there now!! After fitting into 8s today I dont even CARE about the last 20!!

Of course, that will change tomorrow when I see a pair of 6's!!

:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo there now!! After fitting into 8s today I dont even CARE about the last 20!!

Congratulations on those 8's!
    I was happy with my weight for about a day when I took this most recent picture...but then I was like, I'll look even better if I lose 5 more pounds, darnit!! :angry:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    You have to add variety to your exercising-change it up! Every 3 weeks you should change the type of exercises you do. Make sure your eating enough calories! If you don't, your body takes from the muscles for energy-and you need lots of those to burn the nasty fat! Make sure you are doing strength training on all your muscle groups at least once a week, but never do the same groups 2 days in a row, they need to heal for at least 48 hours. Tons of water, over 8 if possible. If you need any other ideas, let me know. Have fun, give it a try.:wink:

I think I'm doing all this, but I'm going to try and shake it up a bit more. I haven't been able to exercise since Wednesday of this week for various reasons-- but, it seems like I'm doing most things "right," but it still won't budge. So, I'm going to do a month of SlimFast and see what happens.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I've got 15 to go....I've just entered this territory so I'm going to use this thread as useful info for myself!
  • craigc155
    Options
    I had 6 to go....and then the holidays hit me like a ton of bricks. Not sure what happened that I let myself eat like I did!?! So - now I have about 20 to go. About 10 days ago, I started on "no sugar" cold turkey. Cut out any artificial or refined sugars. With my sweet tooth, I didn't think I had it in me - but I'm doing fine. I like to change things up - with both exercise and food. I set weekly goals - and a few weeks ago it was "no sugar for 7 days"....and that one has stuck. I just find that our bodies need a variety - Good luck w/ the last 20...it won't be quick - but those last lbs. will come off!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Just advice and it has helped me not to have any plateaus...reverse the way you eat..have your heaviest meal for breakfast then have a sensible lunch something like soup or salad and have cereal for dinner something like special K
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Congratulations on those 8's!
    I was happy with my weight for about a day when I took this most recent picture...but then I was like, I'll look even better if I lose 5 more pounds, darnit!! :angry:

Thanks SBS! I worked hard to get here so I love the compliment.

Now I have to work on the last 20 and hitting the weights. I want to have a surprise emerge when the fat is gone and post a pic (almost) just like yours!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I am part of that group.

I have about 15 lbs to go to get to my 120
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Grrr....Me too! Been playin' with the same bl**dy two pounds for the past 2 months. I only need to lose about 15 or so, but it's not coming off easy. I've only just started interval training now to see if that helps. I DID lose 2 pounds this week, though, so perhaps it's actually beginning to work.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    WHEW!!!! It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one struggling with this.

All great advice so far...thanks!!!

The comments about chanign up the exercise routines have piqued my interest a lot....do you have some examples of how you changed it up, and got that scale budging again?
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Grrr....Me too! Been playin' with the same bl**dy two pounds for the past 2 months. I only need to lose about 15 or so, but it's not coming off easy. I've only just started interval training now to see if that helps. I DID lose 2 pounds this week, though, so perhaps it's actually beginning to work.

Is your inteval training similar to circuit training?
  • vickster82
    Options
    How many have you lost alltogether? I have about 13 to loose period, and all that happens is fluctuating by 5 bls, but I always gain it back. Have to try harder I think.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    How many have you lost alltogether? I have about 13 to loose period, and all that happens is fluctuating by 5 bls, but I always gain it back. Have to try harder I think.

I've lost about 7...and I think two since I joined this site...Some days I don't see how much harder I can try. Like yesterday...I seriously burned over 900 calories...I worked out like a maniac! I ate perfect without trying...then once I noticed I did so well, I went and sabotaged myself with some cookies I had hidden in the freezer. Now I'm back up 1.2 poinds today. AND, some people will say, well it's only a little set back or be glad it's only pound, or be glad that you've lost two pounds... you know...but I am so frustrated!!!! I've been working so hard on this for 2 years...and I get tired of working out so hard and eating so healthy to see no results, and to see everyone else dropping off the weight like it's butter melting off their bodies. You'd think that after burning all those calories, a couple of cookies wouldn't matter...but for soe strange reason, my body doesn't like to metabloze much at night, and I gained. UGH!!!

Some will say, be patient....but my gosh....I've been patient for so long, I keep wondering when is it going to happen for me???

Do you feel like this too?
  • slieber
    Options

Is your inteval training similar to circuit training?

No, it's not. I use the elliptical for my interval training. I downloaded something from here, I think, that had an "elliptical interval training" type of schedule and have started following that.

I also try to do weights at least 2 times a week (though lately it's just been once a week) and do abs and stretching along with the elliptical.

Alongside the above(actually, the above is alongside THIS), I take about 7-8 hours of ballet classes a week.
  • slieber
    Options
    My total loss since trying to lose (not necessarily related to this site) has been about 35-40 pounds depending on the week. I want to get to at least 145 but that last 15 or so just won't budge - or hasn't budged. :explode:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!