Any "Last Stubborn 20 pounders" out there?

Options

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Mickie, maybe it's a lot of water weight from your super bowl snacks. Chug that water and see if that helps.

Today, I just changed my food diary to show my sodium intake. I was about 861 (mg?) over. :noway: My blood pressure is pretty normal...actually they always tell me it's somewhat low. But I need/want to cut this down!

So, now that's another goal for myself, to cut down on my sodium.
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Mickie, maybe it's a lot of water weight from your super bowl snacks. Chug that water and see if that helps.

Today, I just changed my food diary to show my sodium intake. I was about 861 (mg?) over. :noway: My blood pressure is pretty normal...actually they always tell me it's somewhat low. But I need/want to cut this down!

So, now that's another goal for myself, to cut down on my sodium.

I've been surprised by that too...because I don't tend to like salty foods. THANK GOODNESS, because just the "natural" salts are enough to almost hit my max everyday. eye opening, huh? I thinkyo may be right aboutthe water...and I've only had 2 cups today...so I'm going to go chug some, before it's too late!!!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm now officially back at the weight were it seems like the scale refuses to budge from!

I am surfing the crimson wave right now, so maybe at next week's weigh-in I will show a loss. I'll be pretty dang excited if that is the case.

I didn't let the scale sway my emotions this morning when I weighed in, so that was a success.

I have bumped my calories back up this week to 1400. So we'll see if this gets something going. I am also working on cutting some "white foods" from my diet as well.

I refused to get on the scale yesterday, after the "Supper" Bowl, because didn't want to depress myself for takinga moment to have culinary reckless abdonment....but UH OH...I got on today....3 lbs!!! I GAINED 3 pounds...ev eryting I've los tin the past two+ weeks. My discouragment is when I an so good all the time, and then I take one moment to have "fun" and it blows everything for me. I'm exhausted....but I refuse to give up! Did anyone else have set-backs after the SuperBowl?

I'm terrified to get on tomorrow, weigh in day...Ugghhh, I binged and cried yesterday, it's was un uugglllyyy day.:sad: :sad:
  • awinmac
    Options
    It sounds kind of icky but have any of you tried a colon cleanse?
    I hear it can work wonders for that last few stubborn pounds as the gunk left in your intestines from years of bad food choices can weigh a lot. I am thinking about trying it soon. I wish you all lots of luck with your health goals!
    cheers
    -Amber
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I hear it can work wonders for that last few stubborn pounds as the gunk left in your intestines from years of bad food choices can weigh a lot. I am thinking about trying it soon. I wish you all lots of luck with your health goals!
    cheers
    -Amber

The lining of your colon is smooth like the inside of your mouth. It is covered in mucous. Gunk does not build up on the walls of your colon over the years. If that were to happen, you'd become septic and die. Washing away that mucous with a colon cleanse puts your immune system and the lining of your colon at risk.

I know a great deal about the colon from personal experience and my degree. If you use MFP search you'll find a lot of information on why NOT to perform colon cleanses. They do more harm than good.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    cheers
    -Amber

The lining of your colon is smooth like the inside of your mouth. It is covered in mucous. Gunk does not build up on the walls of your colon over the years. If that were to happen, you'd become septic and die. Washing away that mucous with a colon cleanse puts your immune system and the lining of your colon at risk.

I know a great deal about the colon from personal experience and my degree. If you use MFP search you'll find a lot of information on why NOT to perform colon cleanses. They do more harm than good.

the garbage is already on the back porch, huh SBS!! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am really getting frustrated. I am within 5 pounds of not being my healthy weight range and 10-20 pounds of my goal weight. The scale is not moving.

I am wondering if I am eating too much protein. I am always under on carbs and over on protein.

So after reading Banks thread, and SBS comments here and other threads, I am going to make a plan for myself.

I will give it 2 weeks and if I dont lose weight I will buy Alli, Nutrisystem, Slim Fast, Hydroxy Cut and take them all at once:noway: !!

Ok not really, but I hate to see Marie Osmond looking so damn hot in 4 freakin months!!! :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • newby99
    Options
    I was told about this group in another post so I figure I would try it out. I have been on this website since the first of the year, and these last 20 are tough. I have been trying to lose them for about a year, but never was really serious. Now I am counting calories, and jogging between 6 and 10 miles a week. I hope to get them off that way. Any advice you have is greatly appreciated.

121311.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • newby99
    Options
    I was told about this group in another post so I figure I would try it out. I have been on this website since the first of the year, and these last 20 are tough. I have been trying to lose them for about a year, but never was really serious. Now I am counting calories, and jogging between 6 and 10 miles a week. I hope to get them off that way. Any advice you have is greatly appreciated.

121311.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    i didn't ever have alot of wieght to lose so i started in the only "20 to lose" catagory.....

now i've lost 3 inches around my waist but i still...have not...lost...a...single...pound!!! not a singe pound!!!! i'm not really upset but.....i am in awe!!! i have no idea y! i keep refinig what i am doing....and still no change:noway:

it's like i started this in a plateu!!!!!! gesh!:huh:
  • 12by311
    Options
    Since I didn't have the scale move this week, I just took my measurements for the first time since starting this and I have lost 8.25 inches total. I'm happy about that. :heart:
  • Summarain
    Options
    Just advice and it has helped me not to have any plateaus...reverse the way you eat..have your heaviest meal for breakfast then have a sensible lunch something like soup or salad and have cereal for dinner something like special K

Great advice!:flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I am really getting frustrated. I am within 5 pounds of not being my healthy weight range and 10-20 pounds of my goal weight. The scale is not moving.

I am wondering if I am eating too much protein. I am always under on carbs and over on protein.

So after reading Banks thread, and SBS comments here and other threads, I am going to make a plan for myself.

I will give it 2 weeks and if I dont lose weight I will buy Alli, Nutrisystem, Slim Fast, Hydroxy Cut and take them all at once:noway: !!

Ok not really, but I hate to see Marie Osmond looking so damn hot in 4 freakin months!!! :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

Yes...but remember she got a head start dancing 8+ hours everyday on dancing with the Stars. Any of us could do that and lose a ton of weight, but who has the that kind of time? Not me!!! I wish!!!!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Did any of you watch TBLoser last night and hear Jillian's comment about the inches thing???? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was astonished by her comment about what trainers will say to clients.

Thoughts on that anyone???
  • OZZMUS
    Options
    I know how you feel... it seems when the going gets tough I work harder at it and get less results. So far I find that if I am over training and take a rest day that I am able to lose weight the following week. I have to agree with the advice that we have to mix it up as far as the workout but I also find mixing up the diet a bit helps also. A week of fish and green veggies seems to help boost my fat burning engine.

"Success fuels our desire to do more"
  • 12by311
    Options
    Mickie, I agreed with (I think Banks) on the other thread, when he said he thought Jillian was intending that comment for that particular group of people. The contestants have a great amount of weight to lose and it is easier to burn fat than gain muscle. So, I agree with what she said in the context of the show itself. :smile:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Mickie, I agreed with (I think Banks) on the other thread, when he said he thought Jillian was intending that comment for that particular group of people. The contestants have a great amount of weight to lose and it is easier to burn fat than gain muscle. So, I agree with what she said in the context of the show itself. :smile:

Ohhhhh...I'll have to check that out! Thanks!!!!

I'm thinking the mixing everything up is running true too. I'm really pumped today because I moved up to Level 2 on The Shred dvd...and I made it through almost everything without actually having a seizure or dieing!!! :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I can't do those walking push ups-- hurts my wrist!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I did the stairmill on level 12 for 30 minutes today. :noway: I didn't lose 5 lbs afterward. Very disappointing. :grumble:

:laugh:
    I'm about to go do legs now. I'm STILL 131.2, have been all week! :explode:
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I appear to have lost another pound this week, but I'll know on Saturday. I haven't FELT like eating so I have only been eating normal, healthy stuff (e.g. no cravings - except for today, when I wanted something sweet but not chocolate or coffee!).

I consider not craving loads of anything a milestone, actually. We shall see at the weekly weigh-in, though. I'm doing the interval training that Songbyrdsweet recommended and I feel so far it's working. Thanks SBS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!