Any "Last Stubborn 20 pounders" out there?

Options

Replies

• aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    But as always, remember, don't drink and drive! :wink:

Needed repeating!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    When I was in college and drinking a lot on the weekends, yet doing weight watchers, I would "pregame" at my apartment with Gin, a little water, and crystal light lemonade. It was my own little Tom Collins creation :smile:
  • 12by311
    Options
    Hello <20 pounders!

So, I'm thinking of changing my goals as losing 1/2 pound per week...which bumps my cals up to 1640 per day.

I've been exercising a lot lately. No change in weight, but it is my TOM...so hopefully I'll see something by next week.

Good idea? Bad idea? Songbyrd?
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hello <20 pounders!

So, I'm thinking of changing my goals as losing 1/2 pound per week...which bumps my cals up to 1640 per day.

I've been exercising a lot lately. No change in weight, but it is my TOM...so hopefully I'll see something by next week.

\

How's that going for you?
  • 12by311
    Options
    I'm so scared to do it! I ate horribly for the last 5 days. My biggest problem is my GINORMOUS sweet toof. ha. So I have to get it under control.

Have done really well today. Got in a good interval workout this evening. I have bumped my calories to 1512 and I plan on not eating any processed sugar for the next week. I'm giving myself a week to do this (so that it doesn't seem impossible). We'll see how it goes!
  • aprilvet
    Options
    Have you tried SwissMiss diet hot chocolate or Jello Sugar-free puddings? I love these for my sweet tooth!!!:bigsmile:
  • 12by311
    Options
    Yes....I get the sugar free jello cups. It really is sometimes like once I get started, I can't stop. So, for now, I just need to lay off of that stuff. :frown: I think I'm pretty sensitive to processed foods like that, as far as my weight loss goes.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hello <20 pounders!

That is a great idea.
    The lower your body fat, the less of a deficit you'll be able to support without negative hormonal effects.
    Don't forget to take time off, too. If you're stuck for weeks on end, take a couple weeks off and eat maintenance.
  • 12by311
    Options
    Thanks songbyrd.

I'm taking the leap and doing it. So at least for next couple of weeks, while monitering my weight/inches, I am going to eat 1640 calories per day.
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    this is awesome! (Well not losing the last 20 part, but everyone having the same or similar issues that i have!)

I've been trying to lose ANYTHING since last July. I've gained a few, lost a few (water weight :grumble: ), then gain a few since then :explode: But never have lost anything "real' since July. And could NOT figure out what was going on. Finally I had my thyroid checked, that's, thankfully, good, really i'm in perfect health, which is awesome, but i'm still not "healthy" in my mind.

Well, just this week i thought my not losing might have to do with my fat intake. I'm watching my cals pretty good and have been, on average, exercising at least 3 times a week, but i haven't been looking at my fat at all. I watched it the other day and have been eating double my recommened intake!!!! So i'm really watching what I put in my mouth fat and cals wise. And i've made a goal to exercise at least 5 times a week, AND (this is a big one) only drink one night on the weekend. (currently I have some brews fri., sat., and sun. nights only)

So hopefully with these changes I can overcome and LOSE SOMETHING! (just not my mind, which has been going because of all this "not-losing" junk!)

good luck everyone!
  • 12by311
    Options
    Hey guys! I thought I would share my meals for today. I played basketball for about an hour an a half. Then, I ran 2 miles. Not sure of my pace - I forgot my watch today. But I tried to push myself pretty hard. I will probably eat an orange tonight later. I usually get more veggies in during the day (Salad at lunch).

6-9
    Quaker Oats - Oatmeal, 0.5 cup 150
    Naturally More - Natural Peanut Butter, 1 tbps 85
    Egg Beaters - Original, 1/4 cup 30
    Thomas' - Whole Grain Light English Muffin, 1 Muffin 100
    Bananas - Raw, 1 extra small (less than 6" long) 72
    Total: 437

9-12
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 72
    Total: 72

12-3
    Strawberries - Raw, 6 medium (1-1/4" dia) 23
    Home Meat Loaf - Meat Loaf, 1 Cup 196
    Total 219

3-6
    Baked Sweet Potato No Salt Added - Sweet Potato, 2 oz 51
    Okami - Fully Cooked Shrimp and California Rolls, 4 pieces 240
    Generic - Boiled Shrimp, 2 oz 60
    Weis - Cocktail Sauce, 1 tbsp 20
    Fruit - White Grape (Seedless), 10 grape (5g) 30
    Generic - Cinnamon, 0.5 tsp 3
    Country Crock Plus Calcium - Butter, 1.5 Tbsp 75
    Soy sauce, 1 tbsp 8 (Sodiummmm!!!!)
    Salmon Fresh Farmed Steelhead - Salmon, 3 oz. 101
    Sea Pak - Popcorn Shrimp, 7.5 shrimp (3 oz) 105
    Homemade Cornbread, 1 small piece 89
    Green Giant - Simply Steam - Garden Vegetable Medley, 1/4 cup cooked 25
    Total: 807

Cals:1,535
    Carbs: 212
    Fat: 38
    Protein: 99 (over)
    Sugar: 63 (over)
    Sodium: 2,413 (over)
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Exercise calories burned for the past few days have been:

Sunday - 600 (interval cardio and stretching)
    Monday - 350ish (shorter than normal ballet class)
    Tuesay - 1294 (interval cardio, abs and stretching, 1 hour intense ballet class)
    Wednesday - 1405 (half-hour warm-up with abs, 2.5 hours of ballet classes - intensive)

Thursday I have another intense ballet class with, hopefully, the same gym-cardio workout beforehand, so if all goes well, it'll be another 1200 or so cals burned. Then a gym workout and ballet class on Saturday. Friday, my chiro/PT puts my body back together again after all the ballet.

I'm deliberately *not* eating all my exercise calories because lately I find that when I do, I lose far less than when I eat normally with going just a slight bit into the exercise calories. Or at least it seems that way. I don't feel hungry, either. Much.
  • 12by311
    Options
    Great job Slieber.

I am like you...when I work out, it's like a natural appetite suppresant for me. When I don't exercise, that's when I tend to get more "munchy".
  • 12by311
    Options
    Ugh. I know it's stupid, but I'm panicing because since upping my calories 3 days ago, and not eating any processed junk foods, I have gained a pound. :grumble: I know I know! The scale goes up and down it's normal.

I'm going to stick with the higher cals at least till next Tuesday. Maybe longer. I just don't want to weigh next week and see a 5 pound gain. haha.

However, hubby did say, "This is the best you've ever looked" this morning before I left for work.

AND I did get in 115 pushups this morning and 100 situps :smile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Ugh. I know it's stupid, but I'm panicing because since upping my calories 3 days ago, and not eating any processed junk foods, I have gained a pound. :grumble: I know I know! The scale goes up and down it's normal.

I'm going to stick with the higher cals at least till next Tuesday. Maybe longer. I just don't want to weigh next week and see a 5 pound gain. haha.

However, hubby did say, "This is the best you've ever looked" this morning before I left for work.

AND I did get in 115 pushups this morning and 100 situps :smile:

From the definition in your shoulder, it doesn't look like you have much body fat. Of course, it could be elsewhere, but I'd even venture to say that you should stop expected a 1 lb loss per week at this point. Expect something more like a 1/2 lb loss or nothing.
  • 12by311
    Options
    My fat is on my stomach and kinda around the lower back area. It's strange, I have a little bit of love handles, but not really. Moreso like on around my lower back.

I've definitely stopped losing, so I would estatic with 1/2 pound every two weeks even.

I am seriously thinking about putting the scale away and not weighing for a few weeks and only going by how my body looks and feels.
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    What's everyone trying lately to get these last stubborn pounds off?
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I must admit that I'm resorting to using Hydroxycut along with the eating right and exercising. It's supposed to give more energy but I've not felt it, not so far. It's only been about 18 hours' worth, though. Only just started on Sunday.

Very frustrating. Even if it suppresses appetite just a bit, I'll be happy. I'm SOOO close!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    What's everyone trying lately to get these last stubborn pounds off?

Long-term calorie cycling. A month on maintenance, 2 weeks in a 200 calorie deficit, 4 weeks in a 500 calorie deficit, then back up to maintenance for probably a week or so. It takes days for your body's hormone levels to change, so I really don't see a point in zig-zagging daily. You wouldn't have time to make any new physiological adaptations. I broke through my plateau of being stuck at 130 several weeks ago, and today I am down to 127.8. Less then 3 lbs to go!
  • aprilvet
    Options
    sbs- way to go on breaking that plateau!!! The long-term cycling makes a lot of sense!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!