Options

Replies

• blueandigo
    Options
    I am gonna go throw up now.
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I live alone and work from home... I forget to shower sometimes... haha!
    But I do shower after I workout so that's up to 5 times a week now. :wink:
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You must work with my ex. I could never get him to shower. Kept saying he hated water. His hair smelled like bacon.

Hey, bacon is good!

Bacon is good....but not when you smell like it!!! Grossness....:noway:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Um yes. Twice per day sometimes.
  • Mera_Mera
    Options
    Yes, ma'am/sir, every day. Once in the morning and at night before I go to bed. I don't care if it's snowing, thundering, or a hurricane is hitting, I can't go to bed dirty. Never could.
  • andreacord
    Options
    Yup, usually twice on days I work out.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, and some days I only see my husband for about an hour. It depends on what I'm doing I guess. If I've been spit up on (ok, more like power puked on) or worked out, yes I shower sometimes twice a day. I always shower if I'm going out in public. But if I'm gonna be sitting in my house all day and not see anyone, I can skip a day. My skin gets so dry between cold winter air and hard water, that I would be scratching constantly if I showered more than I do. But as I said, I would never go out in public knowing I needed a shower....unless of course the baby decides to spit up on me after walking out the door.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty rugged, I take a shower every 2-3 days, depending on how productive I am. I do keep my lady parts in check though, that's the important part. :flowerforyou:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    funny Maximus........ha ha ha ha
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I find that all articles of clothing can be worn 4x before needing to be cleaned {the acceptable way, backwards turn inside out and repeat} this is the enviromentally correct thing to do as to save water. After four days I bath with the clothing on so as to accomplish two things at once and not waste water. I also throw my dishes in to get them clean.
    Hydrophobia the fear of water.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You must work with my ex. I could never get him to shower. Kept saying he hated water. His hair smelled like bacon.

That made me gag :sick:
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    So many things on this thread just made me want to vomit my spaghetti that I had for dinner. Oh sweet Jesus, showering is great people! :)
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm a bath junkie as a former soapmaker, actually. I try to keep it down to twice a day but if I get chilly or need perking up I might take a third or fourth. :)

Seriously, though, I feel fine skipping a day here and there as long as a personal check is performed and spot maintenance is done. I go even longer when the situation calls for it, like when I'm camping for instance. But to be any sort of presentable I have to at least stick my head in a sink and wash my hair every single day. My hair is so oily I can barely get through a workday without having to powder my roots.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Oh whats that smell..can you smell that smellllllll

personally yes i do bath everyday sometimes twice maybe even three times expecially if its summer..

but i know people that dont, and god i wish they did..they smell like death and cat pee..my mom had a friend who obviously didnt and we were in the car and she raised up her arms i wanted to roll the window down and stick my head...they also looked like they dipped there hair in french fry grease...yuckyyyy
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I find that all articles of clothing can be worn 4x before needing to be cleaned {the acceptable way, backwards turn inside out and repeat} this is the enviromentally correct thing to do as to save water. After four days I bath with the clothing on so as to accomplish two things at once and not waste water. I also throw my dishes in to get them clean.

Hilarious. :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I used to have a roommate who put on Axe spray in place of bathing.

Barf! Axe + BO = naaassstttyy!!

This was my personal hell in high school with regards to my brother and all his friends. I'm so glad they know better now.
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My brother would go weeks without bathing, or washing .. and he worked as a mechanic! We would tell him and he wouldn't do anything about it, he had terribly smelly feet as well, you could smell them without him taking his shoes off! UGH so glad to not live there anymore! Kind of funny though that when he would go to the bar, he would have women hang all over him ... i don't know how!!!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I find this excessive use of water by many very distressing. Two or three times a day?! Sometimes a simple sponge bath is all you need (yeah, not after a heavy workout, but really - water conservation is no joke. I'd rather have clean water to drink than a shower.)
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    I'm a regular foul bachelorette haha. If I have nowhere to go, I'll keep the same pajama on and forgo a shower for a couple days. Mostly though, I just hate seeing myself naked haha.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Nope. I shower every 2 or 3 days, unless I work out or do something sweaty. I clean my face in the mornings to feel fresh and wear deodorant so I don't stink. I can assure you that no one has ever complained of me smelling bad.

I know some of you may think this is gross, but whatever. I CONSTANTLY get compliments on how beautiful and shiny my hair is. I think it is because I don't strip my hair of its essential oils every single day. I also have really good skin. Even as a teenager I only had a few blemishes per year.

Haters gonna hate, but its the way I live.

Also my parents are pretty environmentally conscious and as I was growing they told me its wasting water to shower every day, so its the way I've always done it.

While I am on the topic: My roommate showers twice every single day. It drives me CRAZY. She is in the bathroom for at least two whole hours every single day. And its always when I wake up and I have to pee.