Do You Bathe Everyday?

Options

Replies

• fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Shower every day.
    I work at a grocery store and, yes, there are MANY people that apparently do not wash on a daily, or perhaps weekly, basis. I will admit we have names for some of these people. Like on Tuesday's we have "Stinky Lady Tuesday" because this group of foul smelling ladies come in to shop (and they bring those reusable bags and they STINK!!!). We also have the "Cat Lady" who smells like she lives underneath a catbox. Then there are the "Stinky Brothers", who clearly live on a farm, but who also clearly do not find it necessary to bathe after playing in cow *kitten*. I worked on a farm for a few months, milking cows and being in the barn every morning and every night. I bathed EVERY time I came in the house, usually 2-3 times a day. I would never dare go in public stinking like that.
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Maybe it gets oily BECAUSE you wash it every day - your scalp might sense the dryness and send your oil glands into overdrive. Just a thought.
    [/quote]

Yeah, whatever, I've had this tossed at me before lots of times, often by people with no idea that they still smell like their stale pillowcase at 3 in the afternoon. Whether it's true or not, I'm not going to stop washing my hair as needed to keep it from looking gross so the whole point is moot. I spent a couple years doing the "no shampoo" method (baking soda to clean hair, apple cider vinegar rinse to condition) but I can't say I noticed any real improvements in my hair condition during that time and I got sick of putting it up in a ponytail every other day and pretending that did anything to hide the grease.
  • jwalker30
    Options
    Usually shower twice per day. I like to smell and feel clean
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    At least once daily, if not twice. I like to be clean. Some people do not, for whatever reason
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I shower every day but I don't wash my hair every day. One of my friends from college used to shower every other day. She started it after studying abroad in Spain where apparently her host family told her they had to do that to save water. It wasn't like it was unbearable or anything, but it was obvious the days she didn't shower. I can't believe she never realized it- she would even talk about how showering every day was silly and that she didn't mind skipping a day!
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Every other day. I see nothing wrong with it.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    If I work out, I sometimes wash my hair twice in a day, and it gets really dry. (It is dry to begin with.) Does anyone have suggestions?
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    I don't wash my hair everyday, since it's super dry, but I wash my body at least once a day!
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    So many things on this thread just made me want to vomit my spaghetti that I had for dinner. Oh sweet Jesus, showering is great people! :)

Especially showering *with* someone! *blush*
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    nope usually every 2 days - you're supposed to let the natural oils build up for healthy hair!

you'll be happy to know that i do take a soapy washcloth to my armpits and lady parts & other regions everyday

p.s. i don't work out so im not sweaty
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    I bathe every day but My feet sweat a ton because im over 400 pounds so people mistake it for "Not showering for days" or whatever..

I did have an ex girlfriend who was a hippy and she didnt wear deoderant, good lord she stank like rotting metal.
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    ewwww lol lol lol
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When I work out hard (about ever other day), or I might be getting laid (weekends). Three times a day people? What a horrific waste of water, and serious stripping of essential body oils. I only wash my hair twice a week, max. But I DO come home and quickly wash my feet everyday. I hate going to bed with dirty feet (I walk around barefoot a lot). Jesus, this makes me sound like a hippie.
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i wash everyday even if i don't sweat . I'm a creature of habit so if i don't bath every 24 hrs i get wigged out. one time on a trip out of town , i did a wash-up out of a small bucket at a rest stop.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I shower daily but it is hard to judge others some may have skin problems, others may care about the planet and water waste most people dont turn off the water and soap up then turn it on again to rinse, others may not be as fortunate as us and have homes, others may not have the finances for large water bills, lots of situations.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Nope. I shower every 2 or 3 days, unless I work out or do something sweaty. I clean my face in the mornings to feel fresh and wear deodorant so I don't stink. I can assure you that no one has ever complained of me smelling bad.

I know some of you may think this is gross, but whatever. I CONSTANTLY get compliments on how beautiful and shiny my hair is. I think it is because I don't strip my hair of its essential oils every single day. I also have really good skin. Even as a teenager I only had a few blemishes per year.

Haters gonna hate, but its the way I live.

Also my parents are pretty environmentally conscious and as I was growing they told me its wasting water to shower every day, so its the way I've always done it.

While I am on the topic: My roommate showers twice every single day. It drives me CRAZY. She is in the bathroom for at least two whole hours every single day. And its always when I wake up and I have to pee.

I'm with you on the hair! I only wash once or twice a week in the winter - depending on how much I've worked out, and I'm ALWAYS getting compliments on how awesome my hair looks. My girlfriends are always jealous, and I just tell them to try not washing it every day or every other day - the natural oils in our hair and scalp are good for us! If I feel the need, I'll use dry shampoo in between washes. In the summer I find I'm outdoors and getting my sweat on more, so I might wash it two or three times a week, but certainly not every day nor every other day. No need!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    Yes.
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Every night I'm in the tub with bath oil soaking away the day. I have extremely dry skin and there are only two types of bath oil that work. I always keep them on hand.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I shower daily but wash my hair three to four times a week :flowerforyou:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I shower daily. But I only shampoo my hair 3-4 times a week. I condition it daily though.