Biggest things not to do on a first date

Options

Replies

• krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    About the whole sex on the first date thing being so taboo, I think it really depends on the couple. No matter if they have sex on the first date, it really only makes a difference if that's all maybe one of them wanted. It usually doesn't work out if one person just wants booty but the other wants a serious relationship. If both of them want booty, then it's a win win. If they both want a relationship and still have sex on the first date, the relationship can still work. I speak from experience, ladies and gents :)

A major no-no on a first date with me would certainly be talking about your EX. If you're not over them and you feel the need to talk about them constantly, you're not ready for a new relationship. Period. Don't waste my time.

Secondly, avoid talking about "the future" and "making plans". That crap is SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not even sure I want to hold your HAND yet, let alone make babies and grow old with you. Geez. I've seen guys (and girls) do that a LOT when they're first starting to date someone and it disturbs me. Get to know the person, first! Are you that desperate that you're ready to settle for the first person you were successful in taking out on a date? I don't know. Just my two cents.

I agree with you. I just thought it was funny that was my moms first thing she thought of as if that is decided at least it likely would be mutual if it got that far in the first place!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Don't leave your wedding ring on.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Don't start crying because your ex-wife lives around the block from my apartment and every time you come over, you think about her.

Although to be honest, that was the second date...

First date - don't talk about your exes!
    lol!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Don't mention da aids
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    -Don't talk about religion OR politics.

-DON'T FORGET TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH,

and make sure you smell good :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Never been on a date!

Someone send me there top 10 what not to do and what to do... Lol

No like seriously lol

Me neither. I managed to get married without ever going on a date.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    No Ex talk
    Dont take a call or text (unless its the sitter)
    Dont be a slob
    the only future plans we should be talking are date 2
    Dont get sh!tfaced
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Don't tell me that I would be prettier if I was a red head. Please, no, just don't.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    -Don't talk about religion OR politics.

-DON'T FORGET TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH,

and make sure you smell good :)

I always talk about politics. Just because that's the person I am, I love politics and I love talking about it. If they can't take my political views on the first date, obviously we weren't meant to be.

On another note, I saw something online that I found funny. it said
    "Three things you don't talk about in public:
    1. Religion
    2. Politics
    3. Fight Club."
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    Never been on a date!

Someone send me there top 10 what not to do and what to do... Lol

No like seriously lol

Me neither. I managed to get married without ever going on a date.

I feel for you! I dont consider myself having been on a real date either.. at least not since I was 16...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My worst first date ever went something like this:

Step 1: Meet guy who seems totally normal, cute, fun, smart, flirty, etc. on internet dating (I did this many times without a problem in the past)
    Step 2: Agree to meet said guy for coffee and light chitchat at local coffeeshop.
    Step 3: Guy calls to say his car is broken down and asks if I can come get him. No biggie. *kitten* happens sometimes.
    Step 4: Pickup guy. Guy looks like he's about to blow away with a stiff breeze, not anything like the cute kinda hunky guy in his pictures. Girl is not attracted.
    Step 5: Take guy to coffeeshop and agree to continue the date despite inattraction because he seems cool.
    Step 6: Guy begins gettin' fresh in the parking lot on the way INTO the coffeeshop. Girl begins to regret Step 5.
    Step 7: Guy sits down and begins talking about his manhood and how amazing he is in bed. Everyone at coffeeshop hears him talking. Girl is mortified and hiding face behind abnormally large hot coca cup. Girl is going to make sure to smack herself for Step 5.
    Step 8: Girl stands up and leaves guy at coffeeshop with no ride home.
    Step 9: Girl goes home and smacks forhead against wall for Step 5.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Having the chick your with looking at all the guys that are checking her out while you are talking to her. Thats soooo annoying and rude!!
  • krissagirl0709
    Options

Step 1: Meet guy who seems totally normal, cute, fun, smart, flirty, etc. on internet dating (I did this many times without a problem in the past)
    Step 2: Agree to meet said guy for coffee and light chitchat at local coffeeshop.
    Step 3: Guy calls to say his car is broken down and asks if I can come get him. No biggie. *kitten* happens sometimes.
    Step 4: Pickup guy. Guy looks like he's about to blow away with a stiff breeze, not anything like the cute kinda hunky guy in his pictures. Girl is not attracted.
    Step 5: Take guy to coffeeshop and agree to continue the date despite inattraction because he seems cool.
    Step 6: Guy begins gettin' fresh in the parking lot on the way INTO the coffeeshop. Girl begins to regret Step 5.
    Step 7: Guy sits down and begins talking about his manhood and how amazing he is in bed. Everyone at coffeeshop hears him talking. Girl is mortified and hiding face behind abnormally large hot coca cup. Girl is going to make sure to smack herself for Step 5.

oh no! At least you were nice to give him a chance...but the fact that he obviously lied about who he was in a picture beforehand HUGE no
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    Having the chick your with looking at all the guys that are checking her out while you are talking to her. Thats soooo annoying and rude!!

very rude, that or if they pay no attention to you basically sitting there texting other people constantly.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

oh no! At least you were nice to give him a chance...but the fact that he obviously lied about who he was in a picture beforehand HUGE no

Yeah. My next date was with my future husband, so I guess I learned my lesson :smile:
  • aliciar3
    Options
    It wasn't a first date, but one guy started talking about 'our' wedding on date 3... goodbye.
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    It wasn't a first date, but one guy started talking about 'our' wedding on date 3... goodbye.

haha scary!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Refuse to eat while out on the dinner date, because your religion told you to fast on that day.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Worst first date ever...things went great the entire evening. So well, we had a little makeout session in the car...UNTIL, he "finished" in his pants without me even touching it...Game Over!
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    Worst first date ever...things went great the entire evening. So well, we had a little makeout session in the car...UNTIL, he "finished" in his pants without me even touching it...Game Over!

lol this is kind of funny. i probably would have overlooked it based on everything else going well.