Black Team Challenge week 6

Options
123457»

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    O.M. - Don't feel bad complaining. We all need to do that sometimes. Do you try to take a nap when Owen does? I know that's a good time to get stuff done but if you're really tired, and you take advantage of that time, that should help you feel a little more rested.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    back for a quickie-- kinda putting my finger on something in my body-- I can almost pinpoint when my plateau started-- oddly enough, when I began guzzling water like crazy.

Hubby's been after me, because he knows after 20 years of marriage to me, that my body simply will not rid itself of excess water, ever. He keeps telling me to listen to my body. "If you're thirsty, drink." And with all the bloating that I've had the past couple months, he's been advising me to knock off the water.

I got to thinking last night about this plateau, which if I could find the "Drink water" thread Fitness Chick posted, I could definitively link to the extra water I'm drinking.

I know from childbirth, for example, when they pump me with so much IV fluid, that my blood pressure goes nutso, I bloat for weeks after and my heart lugs and chugs like it's pumping motor oil through my veins.

I'm nearly certain that this is not good. :laugh:

I'm certain there is a medical issue that should be addressed when I get health care again, but for now I'm going to lay off the water and see what happens. My heart has been-- well, hard to describe, but the pressure in my chest and head has been dreadful. And I feel like I do after childbirth, after liters and liters of IV fluid have been pumped into me.

So, here's my experiment-- I'm going back to my prior water habits. Water only as my beverage of choice, drunk when I'm thirsty-- and we'll see how this goes. I am blown up like the Michelin Man. Hubby returned from his trip yesterday and was aghast to see how swollen I am.

I'm expecting a gain again tomorrow if my present girth is indicative-- my arms, ankles, face, belly-- hell, even my earlobes are swollen. Short of breath-- ugh. Awful, and I haven't been able to exercise because I've just felt so flippin' crappy. I plan today to get out and do something-- run, taebo-- I don't know.

anyway-- must get back to work-- hope you're all doing well.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Whew. Sorry that got so long guys but it really feels good to put some of those things into words. I really really hope everyone has a great day.

:heart:

Hey don't feel bad. I complain here all the time. Haha. It's kind of a safe place to let out frustrations?

Keep pushing through. You're stronger then you think. :smile:

Marla: Yikes! Just yikes. Sometimes I forget how great it is to live in a country where I can go to the doctor for every little thing and not get charged an arm and a leg. :frown:

Anyway! Saw my doc today. He wouldn't even speculate as to what's going on with the heart but he is doing a 24 hr. halter monitor to see if they can catch the flutters. Problem is the flutters which were plaguing me everyday for two weeks have now stopped. ): WHAT'S WITH THAT BODY, HUH?

Oh well. He did say it's okay to continue exercising so I'm jumping right back in!! Well, if I can somehow find the energy. Seems all I want to do is sleep lately!

Haha. Take care guys! I hope everyone is doing well. WEIGH IN TOMORROW! WHOOT!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Today is Dave's birthday. (He's 28.) We went to Dave & Buster's. (Dave's mom watched Harley.) We had a lot of fun. We both went over our calories but him only by about 500 and me by about 100. I did 70 minutes on the elliptical today for the extra calories. I had spinach dip and Dave had a cheeseburger.

We weren't going to get dessert because we have birthday cake that I made at home but we gave in and split an ice cream sundae with chocolate syrup and a chocolate chip cookie. So neither of us is eating cake tonight.

We both had good unofficial weigh-ins this morning. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we don't go up by tomorrow morning.
  • swaliyumas
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have not been on here in like 2 months. Right after I joined my pc went cuput. It's been fixed but I am not 100% confident in it. I want to jump into the challenges though if someone could update me. I've been reading through the posts and is tomorrow weigh in day, and the start of a new challenge? I am still struggling with the Mt. dew thing, but am down to 155( Monday)from 160. Really I have just been getting back into exercising the last week - week and 1/2. My sister and I have walked 30 minutes, about 1-2 miles, for the last 4 days. Mon. I restarted a pilates video and plan to do that 3 days a week. I always try to do too much at once, and burn myself out, so I am starting slowly this time.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a new challenge today or do I get it?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    beans has this week. What is it? huh? huh? Missed ya!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It is gonna be BAKED beans if it aint a good one!!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I only spent $100 today, unfornuately I don't help the ecomony much usually unless it is paying bills. :laugh:

I have decided I HATE my HRM. I just did the same exercise I have been doing and I have writing down 400 calories for riding my bike for 30 minutes. In reality, 21 minutes only burnt 200 calories. I have been logging to many calories. UGH!!!! I guess it is a good thing I haven't been eating all of them. :laugh:

Amanda, my question on this would be....Have you been losing weight? If so, then your body needs those extra calories. I would be afraid to change it to a lower number in fear your body will quit lettin loose of those unwanted fat pounds!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Morning!

Amanda-yay on the new HRM & clothes!!! Its nice to buy something for yourself a change isn't it? We went shopping too and i found two workout tops onsale for 5 bucks:noway: then i found some more of my favorite workout pants(bootleg style) for 11bucks...i got two new workout outfits:happy: . If felt great! Now im on the search for some cheap dumbells...looking for 12's,those suckers are hard to find:ohwell:

hey to everybody!

Today is my cardio and abb day! doing a step aerobics workout.

May I ask...what is everybodies BMI? Mine is 32....thats kinda close to the 'over' status,perhaps thats why im having such a hard time losing?

ok,later gators:smokin:

I am .8 away from the healthy range and have not budged for 4 weeks. hmmmm
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHA!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/40445-black-team-challenge-week-7?page=1#posts-413263

It really isn't all that bad. More of a personal challenge, I think.