Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    An example of the "competitor's products?"
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Seems to be a little bit of misinformation here. First, let me say I am a Coach with Beachbody, and a certified trainer as well. However, I became a Coach as a result of the benefits I got with the programs and Shakeology. First, Shakeology it is not just a protein shake, it's a full plant based meal replacement. There are tons of good quality protein drinks on the market if you are looking for just a protein drink. Based on my current fitness goals and busy work schedule, I still drink Shakeology and I get my protein shakes from The Protein Factory. The quality control that goes into Shakeology is above and beyond what the industry standards call for. (In fact, it does have grade 7 whey isolate protein in it.) The ingredients are well above what the feds require for labeling. The GCI is lower that an apple. My suggestion is to try it and see if it works for you, if not, find something else that does. It is the only product that I know of that gives you the bottom of the bag guarantee.
    You're buying into the hype. The manufacturer is 3rd party. Beach Body DOESN'T manufacture their own shakes. Just like many companies that sell supplements, 3rd party manufacturing MEETS standards and doesn't exceed them.
    And GNC guarantees all products for 30 days. Even if you used it all up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I joined as a BB coach for the discount on ShakeO. I seriously LOVE this product. ALL OF THE PRODUCTS ARE FOOD and NATURAL. I've have personally not tasted a better product. I've tried them all. There are ingredients in the competitors that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole let alone let my family ingest.

Just saying.

Is it pricey? Yes and you GET what you PAY FOR. Educate YOURSELF.
    If it's the best then why not get "CERTIFIED ORGANIC" label on it? Because it's an expense. Tried them all? You do realize that there are over 4,000 shakes being sold on the market today? You'd have to be drinking 1 a day for over 10 years, and that's not mentioning the "new" ones that come out.
    For $120 a month I think one week's worth of food is better than a $3-$4 daily shake. I did educate myself. You should do yours and look up how an MLM divides that money up that you spend. Maybe $.80 of it goes to the actual product cost.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I joined as a BB coach for the discount on ShakeO. I seriously LOVE this product. ALL OF THE PRODUCTS ARE FOOD and NATURAL. I've have personally not tasted a better product. I've tried them all. There are ingredients in the competitors that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole let alone let my family ingest.

Just saying.

what were your thoughts on myofusion, trutein and XF UP 2.0? what flavors of those did you try?
  • I use it, I love it !! I researched it first and it is not just 70 vits and minerals!! it is 70 amazing Superfoods !! You should go find the articles that Oprah Magazine did on it!! Amazing!! I can't even tell you what all it has done for me I Love it!! There is a cheaper version , it is a meal replacement shake, you do 2 a day To lose weight, or 1 a day to maintain what you have lost! By the same makers of P90x So trust me when you know the true benefits of it, at 3-4 bucks a serving it is worth every penny! For what I was spending on smoothies I was making myself, I save. Try to replicate it Your going to spend 42bucks a serving ! So trust me I know I was spending that a week to make mine And not coming close to what amazing and beneficial superfoods I get in Shakeology! TRUE !!
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    I use it, I love it !! I researched it first and it is not just 70 vits and minerals!! it is 70 amazing Superfoods !! You should go find the articles that Oprah Magazine did on it!! Amazing!! I can't even tell you what all it has done for me I Love it!! There is a cheaper version , it is a meal replacement shake, you do 2 a day To lose weight, or 1 a day to maintain what you have lost! By the same makers of P90x So trust me when you know the true benefits of it, at 3-4 bucks a serving it is worth every penny! For what I was spending on smoothies I was making myself, I save. Try to replicate it Your going to spend 42bucks a serving ! So trust me I know I was spending that a week to make mine And not coming close to what amazing and beneficial superfoods I get in Shakeology! TRUE !!

I'd bet my paycheck you are a beachbody coach.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I use it, I love it !! I researched it first and it is not just 70 vits and minerals!! it is 70 amazing Superfoods !! You should go find the articles that Oprah Magazine did on it!! Amazing!! I can't even tell you what all it has done for me I Love it!! There is a cheaper version , it is a meal replacement shake, you do 2 a day To lose weight, or 1 a day to maintain what you have lost! By the same makers of P90x So trust me when you know the true benefits of it, at 3-4 bucks a serving it is worth every penny! For what I was spending on smoothies I was making myself, I save. Try to replicate it Your going to spend 42bucks a serving ! So trust me I know I was spending that a week to make mine And not coming close to what amazing and beneficial superfoods I get in Shakeology! TRUE !!
    If you're a "coach" then your view is biased. You sell it so you endorse it. And 42 bucks a serving? I don't think we're that naive.
  • volrathdesign
    Options
    Eh,

I want to try it and use it but $120 a month to replace one meal per day?

It's way overpriced, even if someone was a BB coach it's still $90 a month which is overpriced.

Whey protein is at an affordable price, so why shouldn't this be? If it was $60.00 a month I'd pick it up, easily.
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Just saying.

I started using Shakelogy in July. By September, my results were excellent and I had plenty of energy so I signed up to be a BB coach - for the DISCOUNT of 25% off all products. I use their workout programs, so this totally made sense to me. I am doing TurboFire right now and already have ChaleneExtreme ready to start 1/1/12. I am a believer in the shakes because I FEEL better and I thikn it is a vital key to my success. Since starting back on Shakeoplogy, I am down 43# and 28" (and I didn't start TurboFire until about a month into my Shakeology). I also enjoy the taste (I have tried a ton of shakes over the past 12 years) and I agree that I even share it with my kids because I trust the brand and the ingredients. I traded out McD's breakfast McMuffin for my shake and I don't ever plan to go back! (the cost btw end up about the same as my McDs!)

I would appreciate everyone being a little less aggressive on this topic - you can state your opinion without being rude or slamming what others have going for them. If you hate the product, make your own aggressive message board so that others asking people WHO HAVE TRIED it and HAD SUCCESS with it can make a fair judgement. The only person that buys under me is my workout partner who has had great success also. I am not pushing a product. I simply love my results! :bigsmile:

So yeah, please play nice....
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Don't foget to mention. "Contact me if you want more information"
  • MereMe
    Options

Nope - not my style - see why be ugly?
  • Jeff92se
    Options

Nope - not my style - see why be ugly?

I've tried being real about it. I've looked into what's inside and it doesn't impress me vs the cost. Whey shake and a multi-vitiman would be about the same if not better.

Why not comment about the different alternatives in their merits vs the marketing hype?
  • robbie321
    Options
    Anyone using or used Shakeology?
    How did you find it?
    I'm thinking of giving it a go and just want some feedback :D
    TIA :)
    I USE IT! LOVE IT...YOU WILL TOO!
  • robbie321
    Options
    Ha ha' it's not about the cost!!!! ughhhh... it's about whats best for you!..Shakeology is awesome!!!!...period . I buy it and i wil continue to buy it. It has been approved by over a hundred doctors... it is a great weightloss drink but also good for maintenance!...
    People complain about prices so much! you spend so much money on being unhealthy!!! but when it comes to the "BEST" you complain..just saying thats my opinion! lol
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Ha ha' it's not about the cost!!!! ughhhh... it's about whats best for you!..Shakeology is awesome!!!!...period . I buy it and i wil continue to buy it. It has been approved by over a hundred doctors... it is a great weightloss drink but also good for maintenance!...
    People complain about prices so much! you spend so much money on being unhealthy!!! but when it comes to the "BEST" you complain..just saying thats my opinion! lol

Did you miss this post? From ilovedeadlifts

Overpriced crap.

The only people who are going to tell you it's good are
    a) people who don't know enough about supplements to realize they could save money by purcashing whey protein and a mutlivitamin
    b) people who are beachbody coaches. They make money by selling you the garbage.

You are wasting your money. It is not the best for you or your wallet.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

Ugh. Okay tell me IN TECHNICAL TERMS, why this stuff is so much better than a whey + multi-vitaman. Here's a pro-tip. "It's awesome" is NOT a quantative description. If you can explain it ot me in technical terms, I'll change my opinion of it.
  • MereMe
    Options
    I am anti-alot of things - miracle shakes (won't name brands here), pills, and eating programs that have no long term success. I, however, do not stalk the message boards for those topics to pound on others who are using them and acheiving results. You can respectfully state your opinion without arguing, bashing, and insulting others. It's just downright rude. If Shakeology didn't work for you - by all means, say that - that's what the thread poster asked for. She didn't ask for bickering and insults.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I am anti-alot of things - miracle shakes (won't name brands here), pills, and eating programs that have no long term success. I, however, do not stalk the message boards for those topics to pound on others who are using them and acheiving results. You can respectfully state your opinion without arguing, bashing, and insulting others. It's just downright rude. If Shakeology didn't work for you - by all means, say that - that's what the thread poster asked for. She didn't ask for bickering and insults.

Deflect much? I never said that these things won't WORK. I'm saying (as well as others) is once you understand what's inside, you understand that there are cheaper alternatives. These things aren't some super secret miracle elixir.

Why not discuss the technical aspects and remove your personal opinion from the discussion? That way no one gets hurt. I mean jesus, it's a shake for goodness sake. If someone bashes the whey protein I use, I not going to blow a gasket about it.
  • MereMe
    Options

Deflect much? I never said that these things won't WORK. I'm saying (as well as others) is once you understand what's inside, you understand that there are cheaper alternatives. These things aren't some super secret miracle elixir.

Why not discuss the technical aspects and remove your personal opinion from the discussion? That way no one gets hurt. I mean jesus, it's a shake for goodness sake. If someone bashes the whey protein I use, I not going to blow a gasket about it.

You have blown the gasket. I have just asked you to be respectful. Have a blessed day.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

You have blown the gasket. I have just asked you to be respectful. Have a blessed day.

If I blow a gasket, my replies will be 10x harder than this. It's YOU that can't handle the discussion, deflect the topic when asked for a technical review, then decide to leave vs show us how "superior" your product is. If it was clearly that superior, you should be happy to discuss why. Not get upset and leave.