How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    At Chuckee Cheese. I was in the process of going through a divorce, his ink was drying on his divorce. We both decided to take our kids out for a day of fun and we "met" at the skeeball machine. Been married for four months been together for over three years. LOL
  • Purecity
    Purecity Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good ol' Myspace.
    Ended up we lived 5 mins from one another and knew a lot of the same people in our neighborhood haha.

Been together for 4 years now :)
    Going on 5 in April <3
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    lol. I actually met mine on hotornot.com I totally did not like him at first because he cant spell for crap, and I was annoyed by it. Then we talked, and now we've been married for 5 yrs, and now im his personal spell check. LoL
  • gogwtconnie
    Options
    Plentyoffish.com

I wasn't so sure after first meeting, but after third meeting, I was hooked.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    on the internet :) when i first met him i wasn't sure but we have been together over 2 years now! :D
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft. True story.
    my cousin met a guy on WOW. And now she just moved in with him. They've been together for like a year and half.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Online dating site...knew he was the one first time we met. I was widowed in 2008....God blessed me with Ron and I have never been happier.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I met my DH during a free trial for a dating website (actually got paid for the free trial as part of another 'rewards' type website).
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Law School, I was seeing someone and was just friends with my current husband. Once I broke up with the jerk I was seeing, my husband asked me out (literally about 5 minutes later) We got married last year after dating for two years!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Amazing Storys:):)
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I was invited to a party to meet a blind date. I didn't hit it off with my date, but I did with a late-comer to that party! We've now been married 10 years, and the ditched blind date was kind enough to be a guest at our wedding.
  • frugalbecca
    frugalbecca Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    match.com
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Facebook i guess....
    We had a mutual friend who he told i sounded intresting and he wanted to meet me, so she (the nut job) text me and told me to have nothing to do with him for my sanity and safety :noway: but he'd already managed to add me on fb. Anyways a year and some change later i am very looked after and as sane as i started out :laugh: and oddly enough the "friend" is no longer in our life!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Harley MDA ride. Never thought THAT would be the place I met "the one." :happy:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at a bar. :laugh:
    We've been together over 22 years and married over 18 :smooched:
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    "She was working as a waitress, in a cocktail bar ......"

Thats what i tell my daughter anyway :laugh:
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Online dating site...knew he was the one first time we met. I was widowed in 2008....God blessed me with Ron and I have never been happier.
    That's my worst fear. I'm having the internet pulled from the house the second I die.

Updating the will now.
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Meet at a music store in a mall in 1991 - started dating and got married New Years Eve 1992 - This year will be 19 years with many more to come!
  • jewls1969
    Options
    I met my husband through a mutual friend. They had gone out on a date and she said he wasn't "handsy" enough for her. He knocked me up at the young age of 16 and we've been together since! 26 years next week!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    saw him at a basketball game and was smittened

he added me on msn messenger

we officially met (and kissed) a week before i was to move

stayed together long distance for 3 years, broke up for 5

currently living with him LOL