How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• branflake5
    Options
    We were set up on a blind date by a mutual friend. And have been together for 6 yrs now and getting married in Vegas in August!
    :smooched:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Match.com

Yes, really!
  • AimieStar
    Options
    In a taxi queue after a night out!
  • asaba1013
    Options
    hahahaha MYSPACE as well! :glasses:
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    We met online through a dating site. Turned out he lived right around the corner from me . We hit it off right away and I've loved him ever since.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    hahaha....MySpace.
    Glad Im not alone in this one.

It was 2004...I was searching for guys within a certain milage that liked Mindless Self Indulgence. At the time no one liked that band and you could search for very specific kinds of people.

I found two guys, my ex and my current. I left my ex for my current because...get this...the ex cancelled on going to a Mindless show that the current had gone out to get tickets for with me.

I was a senior in HS, he was coming up on graduating college. I became that girl who was dating the "cool older boy", haha. He picked me up from school every Friday and we'd spend weekends together.

Picture235.jpg

This was the picture that did it. Don't judge me, haha
  • Muir78
    Muir78 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft. True story.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :laugh:
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I was a very online person over 20 years ago, but we were mostly nerdy guys (and the one girl got hit on lots I am sure lol).

I met my SO through mutual friends at a different church (one I would occasionally visit). Then one time a Christian Comedian was ministering at her church so I went along. I saw her and thought I would like to get to know her better. One date, I was sure, the next date we sat on a Kingscliffe (NSW) beach late at night and I was nervous about making the move to become bf/gf so I silently prayed (ie thought) for a sign. At once a bright green shooting star like never seen before or since flashed across the sky above the ocean. That was my sign. The rest is history.
  • sinder3lla07
    Options
    Jack in the Box...LOL..

My boyfriend was a security guard at a local bar area. I was there with a bunch of my friends and was the only one that wasn't old enough to get into the bars. One of my friends knew my now current boyfriend so they dragged me over to him and told me "stay here, talk to him, we are going to the bar..." and they left me there...8 years later..we are still together.
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    AWWW I meet my hubby being set up on a blind date.. it was the first and only blind date I ever had... we have been together every day since that night we met 12 years ago... it was so weird I literally knew that night that he was the one i was looking for my whole life :).. I never believed in love at first sight till i gazed into his beautiful brown eyes :) Funny thing was we never met BUT grew up in the same neighborhood, had all the same friends our whole life but never actually meet till our blind date :) hes my perfect match in every way <3
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    We worked at the same camp. I was a lifeguard and he was a ropes worker. Him working the ropes course. :love:
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    A mutual friend, thing is at first I hated the guy LOL now were married hana
  • saraannefrazer
    saraannefrazer Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    when we both worked in deli at woolworths haha
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    At bible college. A bunch of girls went twittering past him, joking about getting their Mrs. degree, how it was a "bridal college" Hahaha etc. And he looked around and said to no one in particular, "I am so sick of hearing that..." I replied, "well come sit by me and don't propose to me, and we should be fine." We were friends for a couple years before we started dating.

He asked me out while he was recovering from a concussion, and I was doped up on cold meds. :tongue:
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    mutual friend :) sadly only thing i can thank her for ..... but i got him and i LOVE him!!

SAME! She worked with him, we went out one night and she said that she wanted to meet up with her work friends, I was like sure. Got there, she made him buy us drinks, later that night I was talking to his friend's date, I said that it was the first time I was out whilst single and I'd never hooked up with anyone at a club, she asked if I'd seen anyone I liked, I pointed him out and said I thought he was really nice, by that time I was a lil' intoxicated so 3.5 years later I don't remember every second, but we were dancing, then we kissed, then I had to leave at midnight coz my Mum picked me up due to netball the next day. Luckily we exchanged numbers before I left.
    She was a 'witch with a b' to others (not me though) and I don't talk to her anymore.
  • VinVenture
    Options
    We went to high school together and used to hang out at lunch and talk about video games. Just after a year we were dating. Four years later we still are.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    mutual friend :) sadly only thing i can thank her for ..... but i got him and i LOVE him!!

SAME! She worked with him, we went out one night and she said that she wanted to meet up with her work friends, I was like sure. Got there, she made him buy us drinks, later that night I was talking to his friend's date, I said that it was the first time I was out whilst single and I'd never hooked up with anyone at a club, she asked if I'd seen anyone I liked, I pointed him out and said I thought he was really nice, by that time I was a lil' intoxicated so 3.5 years later I don't remember every second, but we were dancing, then we kissed, then I had to leave at midnight coz my Mum picked me up due to netball the next day. Luckily we exchanged numbers before I left.
    She was a 'witch with a b' to others (not me though) and I don't talk to her anymore.

Lol...life story...right there all in one paragraph! :laugh:
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    facebook lol. By chance too. added someone with the same name.
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    At uni. We met through my first year flatmate who met her at a jitsu class. Our first 'date' was going to hospital for a follow up x-ray after she broke her wrist doing that very sport.
    10 years come December