How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    We met in college. I was married and he was being a college bachelor but we were best friends in college and afterwards. When I got divorced we spent more and more time together and things just fell into place for us. We are still best friends. :)
  • Debadoo2018
    Debadoo2018 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Match.com! Dated 6 years and now engaged (no wedding date yet set - i have to get off my butt!)
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were both recruiters. He was a Marine and I was Air Force. My first recruiting assignment, my office was next door to his. He actually scared the scrap out of me.....he was/is a big bad Marine....lol!!! For three years we changed assignments but always seemed to work next door to each other. We always said hi in passing but that was about it. Some horrible circumstances came to pass in my life and I became kinda stand-offish but some how he was able to penetrate through that and I got to know him and what a wonderful caring person he was/is. I actually asked him out on our first date and from that moment on we were inseparable........that was 8 years and three kids ago. :love:
  • hayley26d
    hayley26d Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when we were at high school together aged 13.

Now we are 37 :)
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    I love reading all the stories :happy:
  • snwilliams3
    snwilliams3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    At Chuckee Cheese. I was in the process of going through a divorce, his ink was drying on his divorce. We both decided to take our kids out for a day of fun and we "met" at the skeeball machine. Been married for four months been together for over three years. LOL

That is adorable!
    My DH of 9 yrs and I met on a single line
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft. True story.

lol. wolfenstein:enemy territory!
    known him/talked daily for about 18months and meeting for the first time over new years.

Niiiiice!!!! You need to come back here and tells us how it went!!! Are you guys horde or alliance? Which server? :)
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    We met on Yahoo personals in 2005 and have been married for 6 months. :heart:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My Grandma was an alcoholic and his Mom was a bartender. We were 15. Been together ever since.
    That sounds like a country song.
  • jjones649
    Options
    My bf is my mom's best friend's son... we've known each other all our lives and only recently started dating lol
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    When I was in middle school & moved from WV to AZ but I kept in touch with my best friend. Eventually, we moved back to WV when I was in high school. My friend said she had a friend that she thought I would like. She showed him my picture & we messaged back & forth. He finally decided to travel 2 hrs to take me out.

I was 18- a senior in high school & he had graduated a year before. We've been together ever since (almost 8 yrs) & have two beautiful children together. :smile:

* kinda funny story: After we had been dating for a while he admitted that he had the biggest crush on my best friend but could never get anywhere because she wasn't interested in anything but friendship with him. I have to say I am glad he wasn't good enough for her :wink:
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My Grandma was an alcoholic and his Mom was a bartender. We were 15. Been together ever since.

I love this story.

My SO and I met through mutual friends. We were both recently engaged and had the other person leave us, and our friends thought it was time to get back out there. He friended me on Facebook, we never stopped talking, and now I live with him. Still waiting on him to give me the ring....
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

I love this story.

My SO and I met through mutual friends. We were both recently engaged and had the other person leave us, and our friends thought it was time to get back out there. He friended me on Facebook, we never stopped talking, and now I live with him. Still waiting on him to give me the ring....
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I met mine in college 21 years ago. He was my best friend, but I really did not "like" him back then. We dated briefly after college and then went our separate ways. 15 years later, I found him again on facebook. WE've been back together 2 years now.:bigsmile:
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    Options
    We met at work. Dated for four weeks and I asked her to marry me. Married in Feb 1979 and are still going strong.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I had just moved in town from out of state, new no one. Met a group of girls and they invited me to a party where Dh was going to also be. The whole way to the party they were talking about him. I had no clue who he was, even after I met him and was headed home! ha Anyway, they had planned on hooking us up, only I didn't know at the time. Even on the way home that night and they were asking what I thought about him I was like, "Who??" Um, the guy I had spent the last 3 hours talking to. ha
    We've been together 13 years and will celebrate our 10 yr wedding anniversary soon.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    What is the meaning of SO?
  • ktndj82104
    Options
    We met in 7th grade when I kick him in the nuts for hurting a friend of mine. Started dating a year later and benn together ever since. 11 years together/ 7 years married
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    High School, then reconnected on Facebook 20 years later, been together 2 Years :0)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    What is the meaning of SO?
    Significant Other