Burger King ... you are kidding me..

Options

Replies

• Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that in my personal experience , the people who cry "people should be allowed to make their own food choices! etc" are also against gay marriage, pro-life, etc....doesn't make much sense.

Moving along--if you want to eat crap, go ahead. Scroll by threads like this. I have no clue why people consider McDonald's, etc to be a "treat"--a treat to me is some really high quality chocolate or cheese, etc. Not something that is just plain bad for me.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    BK is business. Businesses are allowed to exist. While they are existing they are allowed to serve products. Doesn't matter if you or I like that product, they are still allowed. While selling those products, they are allowed to promote and price their products pretty much however they like. So they want to group several of their popular products together and market them to "families"? They're allowed to do that.

Human beings are people. People are allowed to exist. To continue existing, they require food. They are allowed to consume whatever food they feel fits into their life style, budget, and personal views. Doesn't matter if you or I like that food, they are still allowed. So they want to go through a drive thru and purchase a "family meal deal" that may or may not be a good deal and may or may not be healthy, gmo free, tofu based, vitamin infused, freeze dried, astronaut food? They're allowed to do that.

Go cry about it.
    Well said.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If I cry, how to I log the calories burnt?
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I find it mildly interesting that we bash people for eating fast food when we are all on a website that caters to losing weight/eating healthier. Hypocrital. Once we all found the "way", we all have this holier than tho attittude about those that don't think like the new found "all knowing". People here (not necessarily you) have this "born again christian thing" about nutrition and frankly, it's slightly annoying when it goes overboard. (like in this thread but not necessarily you)

I just assume that most of the people that creep through the forums looking for food posts so they can interject about chemicals and poisons are just trolls looking to cause a stir. Anyone that cares can do a little research on their own can disprove the vast majority of that nonsense in a short amount of time. It just doesn't do any good to post about it here because people are drawn to what is shocking more often than the boring truth that, other than being overly high in calories and sodium, there's nothing wrong with most fast food.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    BK is business. Businesses are allowed to exist. While they are existing they are allowed to serve products. Doesn't matter if you or I like that product, they are still allowed. While selling those products, they are allowed to promote and price their products pretty much however they like. So they want to group several of their popular products together and market them to "families"? They're allowed to do that.

Human beings are people. People are allowed to exist. To continue existing, they require food. They are allowed to consume whatever food they feel fits into their life style, budget, and personal views. Doesn't matter if you or I like that food, they are still allowed. So they want to go through a drive thru and purchase a "family meal deal" that may or may not be a good deal and may or may not be healthy, gmo free, tofu based, vitamin infused, freeze dried, astronaut food? They're allowed to do that.

Go cry about it.

I could be wrong, but I don't *think* anybody in this thread questioned burger king's right to exist and sell their food.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that in my personal experience , the people who cry "people should be allowed to make their own food choices! etc" are also against gay marriage, pro-life, etc....doesn't make much sense.

Moving along--if you want to eat crap, go ahead. Scroll by threads like this. I have no clue why people consider McDonald's, etc to be a "treat"--a treat to me is some really high quality chocolate or cheese, etc. Not something that is just plain bad for me.

A treat is something you enjoy, if you enjoy McDonalds or the idea of having convinient and hot food then it'll be a treat... am I wrong ?:D
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Go cry about it.

I could be wrong, but I don't *think* anybody in this thread questioned burger king's right to exist and sell their food.

I'm sure someone said something very close to those lines really early in the thread, it was at the point I stopped coming back into this thread for a while because it had jumped the shark. Then I left again when someone suggested that these businesses exist solely to poison people... and now I'm back again and I don't even know why! I guess I got a Glutton for Punishment or something :)
  • kateroot
    Options

I just assume that most of the people that creep through the forums looking for food posts so they can interject about chemicals and poisons are just trolls looking to cause a stir. Anyone that cares can do a little research on their own can disprove the vast majority of that nonsense in a short amount of time. It just doesn't do any good to post about it here because people are drawn to what is shocking more often than the boring truth that, other than being overly high in calories and sodium, there's nothing wrong with most fast food.

Well, here's a list of ingredients in a Big Mac bun and sauce. This doesn't even include the beef patties or cheese.

Bun:
    - Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzymes)
    -- water
    -- high fructose corn syrup
    -- sugar
    -- soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated soybean oil

The bun also contains 2% or less of the following:
    -- salt
    -- calcium sulfate
    -- calcium carbonate
    -- wheat gluten
    -- ammonium sulfate
    -- ammonium chloride
    -- sodium stearoyl lactylate *
    -- datem *
    -- ascorbic acid*
    -- azodicarbonamide*
    -- mono- and diglycerides*
    -- ethoxylated monoglycerides*
    -- monocalcium phosphate*
    -- enzymes*
    -- guar gum*
    -- calcium peroxide*
    -- soy flour*
    -- calcium propionate (preservative)
    -- sodium propionate (preservative)
    -- soy lecithin
    -- sesame seed.

* indicates: dough conditioner

Big Mac® Sauce:
    -- Soybean oil
    -- pickle relish (which is made of:)
    -- diced pickles
    -- sugar
    -- vinegar
    -- corn syrup
    -- salt
    -- calcium chloride
    -- xanthan gum
    -- potassium sorbate (preservative)
    -- spice extractives
    -- polysorbate 80
    -- distilled vinegar
    -- water
    -- egg yolks
    -- onion powder
    -- mustard seed
    -- salt
    -- spices
    -- propylene glycol alginate
    -- sodium benzoate (preservative)
    -- mustard bran
    -- sugar
    -- garlic powder
    -- vegetable protein (hydrolyzed corn, soy and wheat) – fancy name for MSG
    -- caramel color
    -- extractives of paprika
    -- soy lecithin
    -- turmeric (color)
    -- calcium disodium EDTA (protect flavor).

A little high in sodium and calories? Yeah, that would be the least of my worries. Trans fats, MSG, bleach... Yum.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I find it mildly interesting that we bash people for eating fast food when we are all on a website that caters to losing weight/eating healthier. Hypocrital. Once we all found the "way", we all have this holier than tho attittude about those that don't think like the new found "all knowing". People here (not necessarily you) have this "born again christian thing" about nutrition and frankly, it's slightly annoying when it goes overboard. (like in this thread but not necessarily you)

Agreed!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

Go cry about it.
    They have assigned blame to BK for obesity though.
  • kateroot
    Options

They have assigned blame to BK for obesity though.

Well that's silly.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    With the abundant availibity of high horse meat, we should make some burgers.
  • kateroot
    Options

Yeah, let's barbecue our dogs while we're at it...

:(
  • Jeff92se
    Options

In asian countries that's perfectly normal. Go to india and they will put you in jail for eating cow.
  • kateroot
    Options

In asian countries that's perfectly normal. Go to india and they will put you in jail for eating cow.

I know, I know. It just offends my personal sensibilities, because I couldn't imagine eating my horse. I suppose if I owned a cow, I probably wouldn't be able to eat beef anymore. That's just me.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

I know, I know. It just offends my personal sensibilities, because I couldn't imagine eating my horse. I suppose if I owned a cow, I probably wouldn't be able to eat beef anymore. That's just me.

The high horse thing was just a joke though.
  • kateroot
    Options
    I know, so was the dog thing. Just explaining where it came from.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Do you really want to go there?
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

coo2.jpg

PLEASE DON'T EAT MOOOOOO
  • wildcata77
    Options

Um, so are you making a leap from "Fast Food Lovers" to "Anti-Gay, Anti-Abortion Right Wing Nut Jobs"? b/c that what it appears to be, and that just makes me scratch my head.

There is a James Beard nominated chef in our area who is also a lesbian and obviously holds socially liberal beliefs. You know what she said in a recent magazine article that her fave cheap eats are? The taco truck and Cook-Out, a local drive through burger joint. I'm pretty sure she's not the only non-conservative I can find who appreciates fast food as a treat now and then.