Burger King ... you are kidding me..

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I agree that for the average person fast food is going to be part of their diet once in a while. I just don't see how it's a "treat." To me, a treat is a steak dinner at a nice restaurant, not a crappy burger from McDonald's that would taste better if I made it myself.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options

Yeah, let's barbecue our dogs while we're at it...

:(
    Asians would if it weren't illegal. We can do it to cows, pigs, chickens, and fish legally though.

I would never! :laugh:
    We you born here?:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I agree that for the average person fast food is going to be part of their diet once in a while. I just don't see how it's a "treat." To me, a treat is a steak dinner at a nice restaurant, not a crappy burger from McDonald's that would taste better if I made it myself.
    A "treat" is anything that someone gets that "they like" that's not often on their daily food consumption. I don't see how buying shoes is a "treat", but then again I don't care about them. Hence since your tastebuds don't like McDonald's, to say that it's crappy is a subjective point of view.

IDEA Fitness member
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    A "treat" is anything that someone gets that "they like" that's not often on their daily food consumption. I don't see how buying shoes is a "treat", but then again I don't care about them. Hence since your tastebuds don't like McDonald's, to say that it's crappy is a subjective point of view.

IDEA Fitness member

I know it's totally subjective, I'm not judging. I just can't wrap my head around it. To me, someone saying fast food is a treat is pretty much the same as someone saying a root canal is a treat.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I know it's totally subjective, I'm not judging. I just can't wrap my head around it. To me, someone saying fast food is a treat is pretty much the same as someone saying a root canal is a treat.
    People like to get slapped and whipped for sexual gratification too. Not my bag, but hey if it's soothing to that person, then it's cool by me.

IDEA Fitness member
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

To me, eating a big bowl of salad would be worse than a root canal.

Taste is a funny thing...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Fast food burgers don't do it for me but the fries....yum
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    WHOA! I was not applauding them when I posted it was a "godsend" . I was saying that you have no idea what it is like until you are in someone elses shoes. You can say " I would never, not matter what the circumstance" all you want, but the fact is, your really don't know. Education is the key, but that does not mean that it is an easy solution. The fact is that many of these kids are raised on fast food. It is not the kids fault, but it is a cycle. I teach at a high school, and I do teach the kids about healthy foods and choices. And these kids do go home and tell there parents, but that does not mean that it goes any further than that.
    In an ideal world yes. The truth is that these days, most affluent/spoiled TWENTY year olds can't even fix a meal, let alone a poverty-ridden 13 year old.
    That was my point. Applauding BK for offering crap food deals and continuing the cycle that has led to an obesity epidemic among children is just bringing us further from the ideal.
    It's the parents continuing the cycle, not BK.

Agreed. But it was an MFP poster applauding them for it (called the deal a "godsend").