Are you as attractive as you think you are?

Options

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Sdereski Selector, you are beautiful and a 10, even if you are standing next to a 20 year old. Younger doesn't equal better.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I do think photos aren't an accurate way of judging your own looks. Aside from that rather depressing article about how we are all worse in every way than we think, I think photogenic-ness comes from strong features. There are people who pretty much ming in RL who look great in pictures because they have dark eyes and look strong in contrast. I have very blonde hair and eyelashes, and olive skin, so am basically yellow all over. Although I have good features, they simply don't come across in a photograph at all, because I just look all one colour and a bit dull.

This is completely true! My first job was a photographer ^^ I remember one time having the most gorgeous girl I had ever seen come in to have her photos taken...but she looked AWFUL in every photo. o_o She ended up crying about how ugly she was...I didnt know what to say as she was a stunner in real life. o_o

ps: I have noticed that flatter features often look best on camera as well...i think because they do not need to be flattened much when the photo is taken, and there is less worry about shadows ^^
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't know, you tell me :-)

But overall I am happy with myself.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I do think photos aren't an accurate way of judging your own looks. Aside from that rather depressing article about how we are all worse in every way than we think, I think photogenic-ness comes from strong features. There are people who pretty much ming in RL who look great in pictures because they have dark eyes and look strong in contrast. I have very blonde hair and eyelashes, and olive skin, so am basically yellow all over. Although I have good features, they simply don't come across in a photograph at all, because I just look all one colour and a bit dull.

This is completely true! My first job was a photographer ^^ I remember one time having the most gorgeous girl I had ever seen come in to have her photos taken...but she looked AWFUL in every photo. o_o She ended up crying about how ugly she was...I didnt know what to say as she was a stunner in real life. o_o

ps: I have noticed that flatter features often look best on camera as well...i think because they do not need to be flattened much when the photo is taken, and there is less worry about shadows ^^

I used to work as a photographer as well, doing advertorial photos of pottery, and how beautiful the objects were had no bearing on how good they looked in photos. The ones that looked best were the flatter ones with bold designs. Shapes don't come across well at all.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I don't know, you tell me :-)

But overall I am happy with myself.

Yes, you are lovely. :smile:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Sdereski Selector, you are beautiful and a 10, even if you are standing next to a 20 year old. Younger doesn't equal better.

You are too kind. :smile:
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Average. Very average. I was at a resort once, and as I walked by a group of younger people (in their 20s) I overheard one guy ask the girls "what would you rate her?" I heard a resounding "ZERO". :sad:
    I don't think I'm a zero, but I am certainly not a 10 either. Well, maybe next to a 20 year old I am a zero. :tongue:

I am fit and healthy, and for that I am grateful.

That's horrible. The type of people who do that are not only extremely rude but very insecure: I think you have lovely bone structure and a fab smile.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    This is a good thread

Honestly, when I was married I didnt feel as if I was such....maybe just average because of they way she made me feel

But since the divorce, I feel like a completely new man and it has kick started my thoguhts a bit
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I’ve never considered myself “attractive” but I also don’t consider myself “ugly”. I guess I’ve never really been comfortable in my own skin/body, for whatever reason. I consider myself maybe at the most – cute/average. I always wondered, do beautiful/gorgeous people look in the mirror and go “Wow, I’m gorgeous/hot/sexy”?
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've never seen myself as ugly, average would be more appropriate.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    not sure if I'm more attractive at a lower weight or not but I will always be the shy fat ugly awkward girl when i look in the mirror. any physical compliments immediately get me defensive because I assume there's some sort of joke that I don't understand behind it.

^^THIS
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You could be the best looking person in the world until you act like a *kitten* and become ugly inside.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    well im not sure that i am hot stuff or anything but I aint a troll thats for sure.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My wife told me I was conceited. I told her that was impossible because conceit is a fault and I have no faults! :-)
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and I'm straight up superfly milf.

That opinion would probably have to be adjusted if I balanced it against what other people thought...so I adhere to a pretty strict no-giving-a-damn diet.

^^this! Only, I'm 28. I've never been thin, but I've always thought pretty highly of myself. When I lose another 30 lbs there might not be enough space in our house for me and my ego, lol. :) However, I will say that I have seen pictures of myself and will actually have a hard time understanding what's going on. Like, wait, why do I l look like that? Oh, I always look like that? Ugh.... sometimes having extra confidence will come back and slap you. Sooo...no, I am not as attractive as I feel I am.
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    After ending a 15 year marriage, I no longer have an opinion. I'll have to see what the market bares.

I'm in the same boat.

Women have told me I'm 'cute'. Dammit.

I'm older than I look, but feel younger than I am. Whether or not people find me attractive..I have no idea.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don't see myself as attractive or unattractive. Mostly I just see myself as overweight.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know if I'm attractive as I think I am. I can't be the judge of that :tongue:

But I've always considered myself average.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I've never seen myself as attractive. Probably because I've always been picked on because of my looks
    and weight. Actually I see myself as a little weird looking, but my husband says im beautiful.:)
    Whatever I lack in the looks or body departments, I make up for by being a effing awesome wife
    and mother!:glasses:
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My wife told me I was conceited. I told her that was impossible because conceit is a fault and I have no faults! :-)

Love it.