Gym princesses?

Options

Replies

• charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    well id would just love to have the confidence to go to the gym make or no make up on :laugh: sooo i bought a cross trainer for my house instead! one thing i can not work how to do is talk and excercise at the same time or use my fone i almost fell off doing it the other day haha

each to their own if one girl feels more confident with a ton of make up on then so be it they mite have issues who knows! andfor the goin so slow what if they are trying to build up to going like mad man :laugh: i cant go on high resistance yet but i am building up to it.
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey does anyone know where 3rd peroid bio class is, I am new to this high school??

lol
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Hey does anyone know where 3rd peroid bio class is, I am new to this high school??

LMAO exactly
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about other people...Just worry about yourself.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If these "atrocious" women who *gasp* wear makeup and dress up to go to the gym bother you so much, then buy the equipment you use at the gym and put in your house. If you want company, invite people over or hire a personal trainer.

If you cannot afford to or are not willing to do the above then: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Frankly, I bet these "sluts" are most likely thinner, prettier, and better looking even without makeup than the women complaining about them.

you said that so well!! :drinker:
    I *hate* the word hater but so what if people wear makeup to the gym... at least they're going... unlike the millions of people sitting on the couch.
    Nothing wrong with a little makeup...
  • JennaB86
    Options
    I read this entire post and the only positive comments came from the guys haha typical!
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Who cares? At least they are there! You know they are probably thinking, why are you here without make up?

I make it a point not to make fun or talk **** (even in my own head) about others at the gym. I'm glad they are there, and that is the way it should be! It should be one place you go that you don't worry about what you look like or how you sweat! :)
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Love it... Who cares how people look or dress. Rude behabior is one thing, but if they are rude at the gym the are most likely rude everywhere else and that is a whole differnt issue :).

I leave from work (where I have to dress up all day) and I go straight to the gym... so I have on make up and I try to remember to take off my jewlery, but soemtiems I even forget until I start running on the treadmill. :tongue: And I like to wear cute clothes to the gym and everywhere else... not club wear by any means... but cute stuff.

Heck, a lady came to a muscle pump class last week wearing a skirt, tights and a button top. She said "I told myself I was going to go to the gym today... even though I forgot my clothes, I am still going to the gym. No excuses". I am still thinking about that lady today... good for her! She inspired me for the day, actually the week. So I say, don't' judge just work on yourselves.
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    why come to gym when my intention is not to work out???

I think the OP asked a valid question actually, and I'm quite surprised that the thread has taken such a turn. The irony being that people are judging the OP - for being judgmental! I hardly think she frets all day about it and has sleepless nights over it, c'mon really?

I see this at the gym as well, wonder the same thing - why bother with the gym when you are not going to use the machines? And yes, it IS annoying when they are using the machine that you want to go on - I have come here to EXERCISE, after PAYING my monthly fees from my hard-earned wages - yet I have some Gym Barbie just standing on the machine, flicking her hair, and getting in the way. I work shifts, so what little time I have, I want to use it properly.

Same with my pool, why pay all that money if you are just going to sit in one spot and chat to your mates - it annoys me when they block the lanes doing so, it's a small swimming pool after all, and I have come there specifically to exercise.
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If these "atrocious" women who *gasp* wear makeup and dress up to go to the gym bother you so much, then buy the equipment you use at the gym and put in your house. If you want company, invite people over or hire a personal trainer.

If you cannot afford to or are not willing to do the above then: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Frankly, I bet these "sluts" are most likely thinner, prettier, and better looking even without makeup than the women complaining about them.

My god. This was just a freakin' rant... it's not personal. I love going to the gym, these people annoy me but that won't stop me from going. LoL...and I never once used the word 'slut' they just 'get in my way' and they take up the space that I need to work out.... Prettier, thinner and better looking? U wanna go there? LOL

Everyone keeps saying I go to gym frm work...I do that too and end up on the treadmill with some eye make up on ...but I don't put on cakes and cakes of layers JUST TO GO CHAT WITH PEOPLE AND STAND ON THE TREADMILL.

But again this is something that 'annoys' me, but I'm not wasting my sleep over it. Jesus, its something like the bus coming too late, or raining ...it annoys me but I get on with it. I'm not being *****y, I'm just stating what annoys me.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am not hopefully the type of person that is being discussed on this thread, but I can't go to the gym without some make up on. It's just an issue with my own self confidence. If I go without makeup, I feel off the whole time and cant get a good work out in. When I take time and a little effort to look presentable before I go then I can do my best when I get there. Now I don't wear a lot of makeup, just a bit (today was foundation and mascara).
    Anyway, as of the going low on the machines. I have very bad knees and even the elliptical can give me intense pain. So I have to do all forty five minutes on level one and I am still dead at the end of it, just because of physical issues. Sometimes I have to read a book while I do the elliptical just to get my mind off of the obsenities being screamed from my joints. I do try to fix those things though, like today I put five pounds of weights in my bag to help me get a better burn.
    I am not there to find a guy or anything, I just work harder to feel better about myself when I feel better about myself when I go.
    I am just saying, you don't always know the "why's" of the situation.
    OP this is not a judgement on you at all, I am just putting in my two cents. :wink:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing... EVERYONE judges.

People who roll their eyes at girls with visible thongs and bedazzled bums are judging. The girls in the visible thongs with bedazzled bums are judging the ones in the oversized teeshirts. The ones complaining are judging. The ones complaining about others judging are judging, too. I'm judging the people who are judging the people who judge, and someone's going to judge me for that, too.

Everyone judges and we all make snap decisions based on a nanosecond's worth of information. Don't try to deny you don't. Someone cuts you off in traffic, and they're every bad name in the book. No one takes the time to think, "That's a lovely person who is just in a bit of a hurry... I'm sure any other day of the week, they'd have yielded like they were supposed to."
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options

True. :drinker:
    Don't try to deny you don't. Someone cuts you off in traffic, and they're every bad name in the book.

Until you look at the driver and see it's granny. :laugh: Who doesn't get cut off in traffic and look to see who's driving? Yep. People make snap decisions all the time. Sometimes it's a good thing like instances of danger, etc... and sometimes it's not.

As for the scenario set up by OP, I agree with the others that those individuals pay their dues. I don't care if they're using the equipment or not really. It's just too trivial of a thing to be bothered by or even concerned with for me.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    What in the world is bedazzled burns?

People who roll their eyes at girls with visible thongs and bedazzled bums are judging. The girls in the visible thongs with bedazzled bums are judging the ones in the oversized teeshirts. The ones complaining are judging. The ones complaining about others judging are judging, too. I'm judging the people who are judging the people who judge, and someone's going to judge me for that, too.

Everyone judges and we all make snap decisions based on a nanosecond's worth of information. Don't try to deny you don't. Someone cuts you off in traffic, and they're every bad name in the book. No one takes the time to think, "That's a lovely person who is just in a bit of a hurry... I'm sure any other day of the week, they'd have yielded like they were supposed to."
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I'll admit that sometimes I wonder why people wear certain things like that to the gym. I think I'm just a little jealous though!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't see what the problem is - the fact that they're using the machine at minimal resistance? They paid their membership and as long as they're using it somehow and not just standing there (and really, I've never seen ANYONE do that ever), what do you care? They have the right to go and do whatever workout they wish.
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    Ladies please don't hesitate to dress up like you're going clubbing and put on as much make up as you want when going to the gym...this provides me much needed entertainment between my sets and during long and boring cardio sessions. Your efforts are much appreciated.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

BUMs, not BURNs. :wink: Pants with rhinestone-encrusted lettering across the backside.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    Options
    deleted
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    Options
    LOL Thanks for clarifying. Gosh, you must have REALLY good eyes to know I was saying BURNS, instead of BUMS. They look very similiar in lower case letters!

BUMs, not BURNs. :wink: Pants with rhinestone-encrusted lettering across the backside.