POLL: Are you logging Thanksgiving Day?

Options
I've read so many threads on Thanksgiving and there seems to be two sides .... those who say "It's only one day, I'm eating what I want and enjoying my day to the hilt!" and those who are worried about keeping their calories in check. Me? While I think "it's only one day" makes perfect sense ... I mean I didn't gain 40lbs in one day and I'm certainly not going to lose it one day ... I'm addicted to logging my food. In my 80+ days on MFP, I haven't missed a day of logging ... I also haven't had a day that I've gone over my allotted calories. And you know what? I'm pretty damn proud of myself for that.

So while Thanksgiving IS only one day, I'm on an 80+ day roll here on MFP and I've made the decision that this ONE day is not going to break my "record", lol. I have, however, made the decision to eat my exercise calories on Thanksgiving (which I do not typically do) so I plan to work out like an animal to ensure that the sweet potato casserole, stuffing and pumpkin pie make it onto my plate ... in small portions of course. ;-)

So, yes, I am logging my Thanksgiving meal. What about you? =)

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I am!

I have the app on my phone and will log as I eat throughout the day. I already have an expectation of surpassing my calories (duh) but am hoping being good for the week will level it all out.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    tearing-hair-out.gif
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm logging for perspective, but I'm not going to be super nitpicky with my food that day. :tongue:
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    Nope, not going to. I don't want to log for the rest of my life so I am not going to log every day. I know I am going to go over calories, it happens sometimes.
  • andreacord
    Options
    My dad had a heart attack so we never did thanksgiving (I'm Canadian). Looking at it from the Christmas perspective though I absolutely will not be logging, but I will go with the healthy options where I can and will definitely have some dessert as well.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I'm logging, but just quick adding calories, even though I know I'll go over. :)
  • KittMahan
    Options
    Yes to logging, always always log, whether one intends to stay below the calorie count or not :)
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm still not sure. If I do log, it will likely be all guesstimates since everything is home-cooked with different recipes. However, I'm not too worried about going over, etc. I plan to eat my dinner in moderation. It'll also help that I'm running a 10k before dinner and I plan to eat my exercise cals. :smile:
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You should try eating your exercise calories every day. It is super fun!
  • shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I say log, even if you plan to take the day off and enjoy all the goodies. Keep on logging!! :)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, but log it and see how many calories are in your favorite foods. Then you have a year to play with your recipies and see how many grams of fat and how many calories you can cut for next year.
  • Kimbers70
    Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Im logging and planning on being under calorie goal for the day. Im trying really hard to make a change for the better and I just cant cave, even if for a day, because for me it is too easy to go right back to that way of eating. I do plan on having a piece of pie though! YUM!
  • Nala335
    Nala335 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am going to enjoy the day, but not go much beyond my calories, if at all.

I know you don't gain it all back in one day, but the Blabbsaurus Rex comes back around my middle A LOT faster and meaner than it comes off.

I can tell it takes me a good three or four days to get back all that I lost in one bad eating day.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I originally planned to not log, but I have a feeling I will anyway! It's become second nature and although I know I will go over my 1200, I'd still like to know at the end of the day what I really ate! I'm doing the cooking so a lot of the high fat and calorie foods are out and healthier options are in. My big splurges will be the dressing and a piece of pie!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to log it as accurately as I can.
  • jadebvb92
    Options
    Yes i'm going to log my food that day..i'm sure im going to to over and it doesnt make me feel that great but im hoping to cut back on portions to help a little bit..
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Nope...I mean, how can you possibly log everything correctly? You don't know what's in Aunt Mary's stuffing or Grandma's apple pie?? Enjoy the day, take the day off from counting!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I pre-logged +10,000 quick cals.
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am going to log. Although, I won't watch what I'm eating just how much :)
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Nope, not going to. I don't want to log for the rest of my life so I am not going to log every day. I know I am going to go over calories, it happens sometimes.

Ditto...I am running a Turkey Trot 10K Thursday morning to earn a few extra calories and then I am just going to enjoy the rest of the day :)