Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do my workout in the morning then enjoy my day but I do plan to log I just won't get crazy if I go over. I almost never eat back my activity calories so I'm sure there will still be a sufficient calorie deficit for weight loss this week.
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I will log as best I can but not going to obsess over making sure I log everything. Have a big quail hunting trip the next day that will burn off most of the calories.
  • Ernestern
    Ernestern Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I will attempt it to the best of my ability. It will likely be only a ballpark figure since I won't be digging out the scale or measuring cups, not to mention I'll have no idea what Aunt Debbie is putting in her stuffing. Hopefully the 4 mile Turkey Trot that morning will compensate for some of that...
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    I just figured out my calories for Thanksgiving dinner 1440! Last year I saw an article about a Turkey Trot in Thanksgiving morning, and I thought, "Who would go out for a run on Thanksgiving Day." This year I saw a similar article and was disappointed that I can't do the run. Wow! What a difference.
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    yes , but it might not be pretty.
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm logging for perspective, but I'm not going to be super nitpicky with my food that day. :tongue:

Ditto
  • kacierra
    kacierra Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    to log or not to log
    whether til nobler in the mind to suffer
    the feelings of having gone over the goal
    or to wonder how much you really ate
    that is the question

as for me, I probably will try to log somewhat accurate numbers
    using the SWAG factor.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I will log because just because I didn't log it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just get right back to normal the following day. I don't plan to eat too much anyway.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! My family does the spread for Thanksgiving and Christmas both and I plan on stuffing myself silly and not stressing over it. Friday I'll go back to eating healthier and it'll be okay.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am logging! I don't care if I am at 5,000 calories and 500 carbs. I log every day, no matter how bad.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Probably. It's a habit now. I have to log on, because I'm addicted, so I may as well add calories. I'm doing most of the cooking, so I'll have a good idea of calories. I'm sure I'll go over, but I'm hopeful it won't be excessive.
  • LissyLynn44
    LissyLynn44 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes I will be logging. I won't be having Thanksgiving dinner due to working all day. :(
  • picklepeach
    Options
    Sorry in advance for the dumb question ...

Sooo, if I eat 9000 calories on Thanksgiving, will I really gain 3 lbs.?

11985476.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Probably not...or I will log but not complete.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I am logging! I don't care if I am at 5,000 calories and 500 carbs. I log every day, no matter how bad.

Quoted for truth.
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    YES without a doubt!!
    I will have family over and all the fixings but really it's just another day. I will still work out and do my best to stay within my calorie range - for me it's all about give and take - I LOVE mashed potatoes so maybe I won't have stuffing, like it but don't love it. All the items on our table we have thru out the year so it's not about the splurge it's about having my family around.

Happy Thanksgiving :flowerforyou:
  • ansinclair8
    ansinclair8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nope...I mean, how can you possibly log everything correctly? You don't know what's in Aunt Mary's stuffing or Grandma's apple pie?? Enjoy the day, take the day off from counting!
    I want to log, but at the same time I agree how do you know what's in all the food you didn't make? Thankfully, I usually just eat turkey and mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving and avoid everything else just because I'm not a big fan of the other food. So I'm thinking I should be just fine :)
  • pink59eldo
    Options
    I'm logging and I don't plan on missing out on anything. I also don't plan on eating a whole turkey.