POLL: Are you logging Thanksgiving Day?

Options

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Nope...I mean, how can you possibly log everything correctly? You don't know what's in Aunt Mary's stuffing or Grandma's apple pie?? Enjoy the day, take the day off from counting!

My feelings exactly! I log religiously, but I am not going to freak out over Thanksgiving. I am also not going to stuff myself. I didn't last year and felt so much better than I have in years past.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I plan on forming some nice big logs the next day. :laugh:
    TMI
    We make fireplace logs out of the Black Friday ads in the paper. What?

newspaper-fire-logs-3.jpg

newspaper-fire-logs-1.jpg
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I plan on logging as much as possible. My family is actually just going out to eat this year, so I don't have to worry about leftovers. I want to at least be able to see about how much exercise I need to do to make up for any overeating that I might do. I plan on having what I want, but in very small portions. That way I am satisfied, get my cravings out of the way, don't get overstuffed, and hopefully I won't go way overboard on my calories.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    MPF is mysteriously going to have a malfunction that day. Too bad!
  • PennyS44
    PennyS44 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am also Canadian and I started this plan after our Thankgiving!! However, I will log at Christmas (we are having 3 different dinners that week!) so I know I will be over but it will keep me on track for the normal days.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Not logging for a few days at least..
  • joshuamhort
    Options
    I haven't decided if I will actually log or not. I plan to do my workout in the morning and log that in. Then I plan to have a little of everything at dinner. I don't really plan to log it all, but I will watch and make sure I don't over-indulge too much. When it comes to Thanksgiving, I only have dinner for my meal.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    no
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    No.

I'll be too drunk. :bigsmile:
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I probably will not be logging, only because it would be too difficult. Everything will be homemade and I'm not sure what is going to go into it, since this will only be my second Thanksgiving at my boyfriend's mom's house. I'm not sure how she cooks and what her 'secret' ingredients are, versus when I am at my dad's house, I know he can use 6 sticks of butter during his feast! I also don't imagine that I will be measuring everything out onto my plate so I don't really feel like searching through the database for exactly 1 cup of mashed potatoes with butter and salt... and then repeating for every single thing I eat!

Plus, it's a holiday. I just get really annoyed when it's a family event and everyone is tied to their phones and laptops and tablets, so I am not going to sit there playing with my phone after the meal trying to log my stuff.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My thanksgiving meal has been entered in my diary for three weeks already. :D
  • crocodiles
    Options
    I'm English so Thanksgiving isn't an issue, but Christmas will be. My calorie limit is pretty low, but I think log and make sure you don't eat for the sake of it, but don't make the whole day about what you do or don't eat. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it :)
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Since its the Holiday I will enjoy the food and not worry too much about how many calories I'm eating, I will however, log everything I eat! I want to stay consistent in logging, I rarely ever go over my calories, so one day wont hurt, but I would like to see how badly I got over, that will dictate how much exercise I do on Friday! :)
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    yes, I will. best I can. It will not impede my eating.
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm going to log my Thanksgiving meal--even if I have to estimate. I'm cooking for just my husband and since he likes almost anything I cook, I don't think I'll hear any complaints if it is calorie modified.

Here is the Pumpkin Pie I'm going to make (eatbetteramerica.com)

Healthier Pumpkin Pie

Pastry:
    1 1/4 c flour
    1 t. sugar
    1/4 t. salt
    1/4 c. vegetable oil
    3-4 T skim milk

Filling:
    3 egg whites or 1/2 c. egg product
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
    1/8 t. salt
    1 can (15 oz) regular pumpkin
    1 can (12 oz) evaporated fat free milk
    1/2 t. vanilla

Heat oven to 425. Combine first 4 pastry ingredients and stir in milk, 1 T at a time until pastry is correct consistency. Roll out and place in 9" glass pie plate.

Beat egg whites slightly with whisk. Beat in the rest of filling ingredients and pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes then lower heat to 350 and cover edges of crust with foil. Bake about 45 minutes more until knife comes clean in center.

250 calories

Note: I have NOT yet tried this recipe but I'm hoping it will taste good!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I will be logging all day, but I'm not going to worry if i go over a little. I will try not to go over by much though. What better time to practice my new lifestyle than during the holidays. I feel i have to learn how to enjoy family, friends and my life without eating too much. I will be doing all the cooking so will know how many calories everything has. I hope to exercise a little that day too. I really need to get in the habit of that one next.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I'm logging in as a 1,000,000 calories, quick add.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log - I know it'll be close and it's ok if I go over. I'm going to exercise and have been thinking about the foods I like the most and will enjoy those. The rest of the week is going to be a challenge clear thru Sunday so I don't want to get out of rhythym.
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!! That way I will know how many calories I need to burn with my workout! =)
  • lashawn11
    Options
    Nope I'm not logging that day...I'm going to enjoy Thanksgiving!