POLL: Are you logging Thanksgiving Day?

Options

Replies

• sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that maybe I will take pics of the plate of food before and after and when it is all said and done enter the food that I have eaten. no matter what I will log what I am eating
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    YES, I am logging, though not as religiously as every other day. I don't want to break my 140 day in a row logging streak :glasses: Logging will also help me keep in check and not go too overboard.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Won't have access to a computer to do so, and don't own a smart phone [gasp- are there other people out there like me?]

but I've been "practicing" for the last week flying "solo"

and I will have to trust my instincts.

This get together isn't one I ever over-indulge in anyhow.........

Christmas is another story
  • aurie024
    aurie024 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I prelogged just so I could see it and be motivated to work out hard all week and not grab a second plate of food
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'll sitll log on to MFP, but I am not logging. I am not going to go overboard at all tomorrow and I am perfectly fine with that! One day of a very little bit of indulgence is not going to ruin all of my work.... plus I am going for a run after lunch :)
  • coppi60
    Options
    I am going to write down what I plan on eating before hand and stick to that. I will enter it after everybody leaves at the end of the night. I completed my first week, and weighed myself this am. I lost 1 lb, little disappointed. The program I transitioned from had better results for me the first week when I did that and I lost every week on that one,but I could not take the pressure of having to get weighed by someone else and face the possibility of gaining. Oh well, I am just worried that tomorrow could be really bad. If I only lost 1 lb after exercising 2 hr/day high intensity and logging every thing I ate and coming in under the calories, I will prob gain a lot because I will eat food I have not eaten in 1 yr! I plan on exercising tomorrow also, I'm hoping for the best. Wishing all of you the same.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Eating, not logging it, and working out in the AM. I am good all the darn time, I am going to enjoy the foods I so love to eat . :)
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I'm eating whatever I want and logging at the end of the day. I know I've trained myself enough by now to not go too overboard, and it'll help me keep the leftover eating in check the next day if I know how many calories I should try to make up for ;)

I'm also not going to feel guilty when I log my Thanksgiving Eve Drinking, either! ;)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    As of now, I'm saying that I won't be logging, but it's such a habit I probably will.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am not planning to log my food, but I am exercising that morning and will be watching my portions so that I don't get uncomfortably full. This way I can enjoy my day without feeling sick after dinner.
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes. I will be logging that day but I plan on doing the treadmill in the morning, so that I can have a little wiggle room.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'll log what I can, but I'm not terribly worried about how many calories I eat. It only comes 'round once a year!
  • Chelkb
    Chelkb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I will eat what I want tomorrow but I have already logged what the damage will approximately be. I will tweak my logging tomorrow to what I actually consume (iPhone app). It was just helpful to me to see what the day will be like. I also plan on running 5 miles in the morning too so that I don't feel so guilty.
  • mosprott
    mosprott Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just pre-logged, and ended up around 1,500 cal. Ouch. At least that made the choice between the pecan and pumpkin pies pretty easy. [Not homemade this year, so no hurt feelings - yay!]
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Yes. I feel I need to be accountable. I will log after each meal. I want this too work and for me that means logging food and exercise.
  • txred9876
    Options
    I will be logging. You need to keep in the habit of doing it all the time no matter what the occasion. I have changed up some recipes and left some family favorites alone. Just as with everything else.....moderation is the key,.
  • janishopkins
    janishopkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've worked too hard NOT to log. Since I'm cooking, I'm actually going to figure out all the recipes and calories tonight and figure out what portions I can have of what I want. I'm also working out that morning to help give my body a metabolism boost for the dinner. It helps that 3 other people I'm having Thanksgiving with are also doing MFP, so we're all being relatively consciensious of our food for the day.
  • dancer4lyfe0330
    Options
    I plan on logging what I eat and hopefully not go over lol!
  • CessGill
    CessGill Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Definitely, I plan to log in my meals during Thanksgiving; hence, I am mindful of the calories I am eating... I refuse to fall again in the circuit, where every year I spend all spring and summer trying to lose weight and be fit, and then comes the Holidays along with its dinners and parties. Then wake up on New Year’s Day to feel guilty and restart the trail again.

Of course, I will enjoy Thanksgiving… but it’s not about being gluttonous or voracious, it’s about sitting down with your family and friends to have one extensive dinner. I plan to enjoy every dish on the table, and control the portions. Make some adjustments on my plate, like removing the turkey skin, omitting the whip cream on desserts, and so on. I want to go for a walk in the morning, and plan to have a decent breakfast so I don’t arrive at the dinner starving.

I do realize this a day of celebration, and I don’t plan to lose weight but I want to maintain my body weight.