POLL: Are you logging Thanksgiving Day?

Options

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Logging Thanksgiving will be easy for me this year because it will just be my husband and I. We are both on MFP and have pretty much planned in advance.
    Today, I had Thanksgiving lunch at the school where my daughter works and just put in 1000 calories because it was just too much to estimate and some things I only had one bite of.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I will log, I will stay under, and if I "accidently" go over, I will exercise like a mutha to get back to even ground THAT day...I find bad habits give birth to old bad habits...I just don't trust myself.
  • radix89
    radix89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm logging because I'm almost up to 70 days! I plan on enjoying my meal though :) I'm even bringing a healthy side dish that I know only 4 of us will eat so I don't feel so guilty when that pumpkin pie shows its face.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am. If I'm over in calories, I'm not going to worry about it.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    If by "logging" you mean "quick adding eleventy million calories", then YES!

Yep..this is what I'll be doing!
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try. I plan on exercising in the morning to give myself some room
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I will be working Thursday thru Sunday, so yes, I will be logging it all.....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AmandaR321
    AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am not, mostly because it's hard to measure out portions. I'm going to enjoy my food and watch my portions and not worry about it.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging.. I more than likely will not go over either. I work at a place called the Turkey Roost in Michigan and you guessed it.. we specialize in nothing but Turkey. Needless to say over the past 8 years of being a cook there I have lost my taste for Turkey. You would be suprised at how many people go out to eat for this holiday.. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
  • cindy0716
    Options
    If by "logging" you mean "quick adding eleventy million calories", then YES!

I already beat you to the "quick add" comment AND eleventy million isn't even a real number so :tongue:

I loved the eleventy million !!

I plan to eat my Thanksgiving dinner just like I always do. I'm cooking it all, so dang it, I'm gonna eat it !!!! And I will be logging it also. More out of curiosity to see what it's going to look like. I log whether I have a good eating day or not. It's all part of being accountable.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Most definitely! It helps me stay on track-as I don't believe in "Cheat" days or "freebies". That won't get me where I want to be!
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I didn't log for my thanksgiving (canadian). I enjoyed all my favourites, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, chocolate cake, ice cream. You name I guarantee you I ate it :) and you know what, I even lost half a pound! So I say, spend time with friends and family and enjoy your day! Don't look at it as "I'm going to eat everything I want ", but also don't look at it as "I'm going to get so fat because I ate lots today!" Remember you didn't get fat over night, and you won't get fat from one bad meal either. ENJOY :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I plan on forming some nice big logs the next day. :laugh:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely logging in to MFP on Thursday to say, "Friends! Enjoy your families and be Thankful!" but I'm not going to think twice about what I eat.
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes logging in it is all those just one days that got me to were I am today, Logged in about 60 days so far 13 lbs not sure on inches. But this was not easy and don;t want to risk the chance and going back to old habits. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
  • krystalbcanady
    krystalbcanady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I like the eleventy million calories post I feel the same way Im logging but I dont think MFP can count that high......its only one day right? :wink:
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Yes, I will be logging!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I will be logging in to say hi and keep my "days in a row" going. But not logging the calories!

All. Weekend. Long. :happy:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I plan on forming some nice big logs the next day. :laugh:

TMI
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    Not logging in on Turkey day. I will be sticking with small portions of all my favorite foods and I will spend some time on my elliptical guilt free since it is only one day in the course of many calorie watching days to come!