you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I teach too.... when pregnant with my first when the kids would ask about names I'd say.... "we were thinking of .... Egg, Snow or Off" OUr last name is White. lol.

We have an Aimee, Shanaya and Mystasia.

I have a friend who named her wee girl.... April May June...what the heck?? I taught a Wensday.... none of the kids in her year could spell Wednesday even by the time they reached High school! Another friend called her first two Sapphire and Chrystal.... we thought she might go for a collection of jewels or something. When pregnant had I had a boy we wanted to name him Brandon Max White... but then realised initials would be BMW lol!

My husband works with a guy whose birth certificate says "Baby" - that is what his toddler brother named him.... he even spent a night locked up when stopped by police they didn't believe him when he said his name was BAby!

I also taught a Christopher Cross... he liked to be called Chris..... omg what were those parents thinking! Criss cross
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I copied this from another article I read.

If you feel bad about your name (at all), stop now. In New Zealand, a kind judge has legally changed the name of a 9-year-old girl who had been living with the name Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. Embarrassed by the name, she had asked friends to simply call her "K," which I can only assume stands for "Kill my parents, please."

In citing other unfortunate names that had been blocked before they had a chance to become official, the judge listed Fish and Chips, Yeah Detroit, Keenan Got Lucy, and Sex Fruit. But among names that had gotten through? Number 16 Bus Shelter.

Yes, in many jurisdictions, judges have the power to change a kid's name without the parents' consent if it is blatantly inappropriate or likely to humiliate the child :)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My friend is married to a girl named Virgin. And I had a patient named Vagina (pronounced Vageena). Go figure. I makes me wonder if these moms are mad at their children when they are born, or if they just aren't creative enough to come up with something like say Mary.
  • knickels1987
    knickels1987 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My mom went to school with a set of twins that were named Anita and Iwana Hardin.
    & there is a person listed in our phone book named ****ey Butts.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If I have children I am going to name him/her Michael after my brother who passed away 12 years ago this coming up Jan. For a girl I will spell it Mikeal, her middle name will be Dean after my grandmother. For the Boy will be the traditional Michael. His name will be Jon. That was my brother's full name. But who know's if I will ever have children. We will see what God has in store for me.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ok while I know there are some crazy names out there, I am scratching my head at how many people on here claim to know someone with the same crazy names.

I've seen several people list the names:

Orangejello (and don't forget her sister lemonjello)

****head (Shi Thead)

La-a (Ladasha)

Me thinks some people here get too many "chain emails" and pass along urban legends.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Ok while I know there are some crazy names out there, I am scratching my head at how many people on here claim to know someone with the same crazy names.

****head (Shi Thead)

La-a (Ladasha)

Me thinks some people here get too many "chain emails" and pass along urban legends.

Thank you. I've heard of people "knowing" people with those names all over. Sorry, don't buy it.:laugh:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I teach too.... when pregnant with my first when the kids would ask about names I'd say.... "we were thinking of .... Egg, Snow or Off" OUr last name is White. lol.

That's our last name too. You forgot Pearl and Crystal. :laugh:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My husband's friend is an EMT. He told us about a woman they picked up whose name was Le-a. He called her "Lea" to which she replied, "It's Le-dash-a."
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I also taught a Christopher Cross... he liked to be called Chris..... omg what were those parents thinking! Criss cross

Christopher Cross was a popular singer in the early 80s - most famous for the song Sailing. It's possible they could have been remembering that. :laugh:

My dad played softball with a man named James James. His son was named James James Jr. Why would to do that to your child after all the hell he probably went through growing up? Seems like cruel & unusual punishment if you ask me.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

****head (Shi Thead)

La-a (Ladasha)

I'm pretty sure Orangejello and Lemonjello never existed, and I'm not ready to believe Shi-thead either. When you directly question someone on these, it always turns out it was actually their friend's mom's beautician who met the person. No one ever seems to know these people personally.

But La-a... my friend works in a hospital and swears she personally met La-a and saw her name on the chart. And whenever I see someone talking about La-a online, it is almost always that person who actually met her, not a third party. I think it might be a real name. (Although many of the sightings are no doubt false.)

Did anyone mention the twins Molly and Femolly (Male and Female) yet? :laugh:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If I have children I am going to name him/her Michael after my brother who passed away 12 years ago this coming up Jan. For a girl I will spell it Mikeal, her middle name will be Dean after my grandmother. For the Boy will be the traditional Michael. His name will be Jon. That was my brother's full name. But who know's if I will ever have children. We will see what God has in store for me.
    Would you maybe consider Michaela? I would not be happy if I was called two boy's names.
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I knew a girl named Margarita....
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The first apartment we lived in, our landlord was named Margarita and she was always half-sloshed. Smelled like beer most of the time though.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Margarita is not an uncommon name outside the anglo-saxon sphere.. In many cultures and languages, it's a form of Margaret.
  • lessthantres
    lessthantres Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is too funny. I'll have to dig up some of the names I've come across teaching as well.

This year I am teaching a Precious, and she actually does live up to her name!
  • mrsxbrightside
    Options
    Omg! Some people totally get screwed in the name dept.! My name is Lisa, and I have always hated it... but Elvis seemed to like it, couldn't have been too bad, lol.

**** Schrank has to be the cake topper. Omg *covers eyes*
  • CathyS205
    CathyS205 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I forgot about the siblings I saw at the mall once. The boys name was Gunner and his sister's name is Denim.
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My Daughters name is Velocity and when i have another girl i want to name her Liberty. :)

I vote yes!! I have a Liberty, and a Londyn...(also a lacie and a lucas)
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    We have twins that come to our daycare named... Copelyn and Haggen =)