you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the whole post so I don't know if this is a repeat, but I had a substitute teacher in high school whose name was Reada Story.

And the funniest part was she actually married into the last name. Haha.
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all 12 pages of this, so may have already been mentioned. I always wondered what Plaxico Burris's ( sp? ) mother was thinking??? Really?
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    My oldest son had a classmate named Blanca (white). She was black. I always felt a little sorry for her.
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I had a gynecologist named Dr Woody-Gross.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Today, I saw the name Madison spelled "Madeysen." It made my English degree wilt a little.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I'm naming my child Hurricane. Boy or girl it just seems right.
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There's a blues singer with the name Candy Cane!
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I worked in a toy shop, and I heard a few wtf names. the worst I can remember off the top of my head are Diesel and Rocket for boys, and Jersey and Star for girls.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I went to school with these two girls, one had a baby girl named Levi Jean. The other named her son after 3 of the Backstreet Boys.. seriously..Nickolas Alexander James Brian. I mean really, Nick is a common name, but com'on! Oh and I met a girl once named (and I'm guessing at the spelling) Geldaline, pronounced just like it looks "gel-da-lean"
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    there used to be a singer named fundisha
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My cousin's son is named Beckham. Another cousin has a daughter named Braelyn.

I personally like Roman for a boy, but I won't be having children of my own for quite a while.

I tend to get comments because my brother and I are Patricia and Patrick...but I go by Trish.
  • KimberlyGroth
    Options
    My daughter's name is Paityne (pronounced payton) just a very gorgeous way of spelling her name! =D
  • mommygirl81
    Options
    I went to high school with a Misty Fountain and a Candy Cherry. I also knew a guy named Summerfield who's sister was named Strawberry Rainbow. WOW! There was a girl in my son's kindgergarten class named Iron Claw (Native American) and a boy in my other son's class named Innocent (he was anything but).

PS Don't we all know the whole Orangejello/Lemonjello story or know someone who swears they went to school with them/checked them in at the hospital/played sports with them?
  • LosingWeight2012
    LosingWeight2012 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think it depends where you live. The south is bad here lol. Adorme pronounced adore-me. Frinds mother went by that. I named my daughter marlo and i cant tell you how many people confuse it with Mario on paper. Its not weird, just rare. I hate when people ask where the name came from, like its tacky or odd. It came by suggestion of her grandma plus baby book.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    My husband went to school with brothers called Andrew and Peter Nuss. A.Nuss and P.Nuss, that there is cruel parents!
    I used to teach a kid called Heavenly Hirriani Tiger Lily but her parents were celebs so it kind of explains it. Other kids in the class were Atticus Blick, Bon Ami (who had brothers called Hannibal and Elmo) and there is a kid at the village school here called Paki.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    In Quebec there are certain names you are not allowed to name your children for instance one family tried to name their child Spatule (which translates to Spatula) it was declined, Why name your child SPATULA ok weird!

a few others that don't come to mind right now, The old principle at my friends high school was named Harry Wiener... that was too much... Hello I am the principle of this school my name is Harry, Harry Wiener... Ok THEN!

My sons name is Gaelic which is Kieran Hamish Robin, (last name undisclosed) my mom freaked out on the Hamish part... but it is common in Scotland and Ireland.

Our daughter we hope to have one day we will call BIanca, that is a fairly rare but still normal name.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I work with kids and we had one that was Friendofgod he was called Friend for short..
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine decided that if he ever had kids --- he was going to name one of them Indiana (his last name is Jones).

That is Awesome!
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My oldest son had a classmate named Blanca (white). She was black. I always felt a little sorry for her.

My name is Bianca and it means white as well and I'm black.
    So what does that suppose to mean? Black people can have good names? We're suppose to have black names like "Shuntay" and "Kiesha"? Oh better yet we're suppose to have names like Negro because it matches our color?
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I teach and we have a lot of princess, promises, precious, blessing....and believe me from a teacher's perspective they never live up to their names!

LOL