cruel people

Options

Replies

• calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I saw a overweight guy say hi to a prissy chick once and she said "ugh, omg, like you can even see your penis so im not going to even thing about lifting fat to find it, go away fat A". The women where i used to live were mean to everyone.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I am my worst enemy, always have been..
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

-Husband used to call me a fat lazy b*t*h and that I'm good for nothing. I wasn't worth anything. He only married me because of my son. That if I sat down on a chair I would break it. Now a days he doesn't call me fat. He does complain that guys check me out to much. The b*t*h calling, not worth anything, good for nothing, lazy and more has not stopped. I really think he has some mental disorder because he doesn't act like this all the time. I used to cry all the time when he said something hurtful and now it's like I've become immune to his cruel words.

Hun, you need to get rid of this guy ..

Let her make her own decisions unless you know this person personally...

Please explain the circumstances under which his behaviour is acceptable! I say, dump the *kitten*!

Why would you want me to try and justify something like that ? It's obviously not acceptable...

She most definitely needs to make her own decision.

Personally, I hope she decides to dump the *kitten*.

:bigsmile:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,051 Member
    Options
    the cruelest person in my life has been the person in the mirror.

No one has said more mean things to me than myself.

That's been the hardest thing in this journey- UNfriending THAT person.

This is SO true!! The reason other's cruel words hurt is because we believe them. I'm almost to my goal weight, and I still hate every picture of myself. You are right, I need to UNfriend THAT mean, hateful person.
  • winninga
    winninga Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Not so much as an adult, but I pretty much got harrassed everyday as a child. Too many to list, but it was pretty painful growing up.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I was a smidge overweight but I was also very TALL. I've been my adult height since I was 12. I had a much bigger frame than anyone in grade school but now that we are 30-somethings we are all the same size. I just grew faster. I was excluded from girl groups because I was too fat (in catholic school, mind you) and I couldn't get a date if my life depended on it. It wasn't until after graduation when those peope who couldn't give me the time of day suddenly wanted all my attention. Eff them.
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    My mom used to sing an old polka song to me, it went like this....

I don't want her you can have her
    She's too fat for me
    Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
    Who's gonna love her
    You not I

That was pretty mean.
  • lucylAnneMason
    Options
    My best friend, has called me loads of names, the one that hurt the most was when she told me after id lost quite a lot of weight 'my mum said that you'd put a lot of weight on since school, your not fat, your just a little chubba' =/ she's not my best friend anymore, but it still hurts me
    and when i was younger every time i got into an argument with my sister she used to say that I was 'fat, stupid and was never going to do well in my exams and never get into uni'
    I am now about 2 stones lighter than my sister and despite my leaning difficulties, i've actually done better than her education wise. I've been bullied all my life, and it always backfires on them! being bullied make you stronger =)
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I suffered from an eating disorder for the most part of my grade nine year, people made fun of me constantly for being skinny, saying I looking like a skeleton. Making rumors about my disorder, thing's of that nature.
    I got better, and then gained A LOT of weight, well, then they made fun of me because I was fat. There is no pleasing other people, so right now I am just trying to please me. But that torment from high school has forever damaged my self esteem and confidence. :(
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don't think it was cruel exactly but in high school when I was CHUBBY my mom used to sit me down and tell me seriously "You'll never be happy if you don't lose weight." and so forth. When I wanted to play sports like soccer or basketball, she would say that wasn't for girls and start harping about my weight, and then she forced to take jazz freaking dance classes for two years. In the dance recitals I had to prance around dressed like a goddamn Christmas elf in lime green tights. I think this made me loathe all organized forms of exercise and/or sport for quite a while. I'm not a jazz dance person and I'm definitely not a prance-around-dressed-as-an-elf person. I wish I had ignored her and joined whatever sports teams I liked as a kid.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    i have been heavy all of my life, really heavy as you can see by my photo and i have heard it all (or so i think i have). i have come to an interesting conclusion though, whether you are 20 pounds over weight or 200 pounds over weight, the 'feelings' are the same.

i used to roll my eyes BIG TIME when someone i was speaking too would go on about how fat and ugly she was, how her husband ridiculed and poked fun at her because she was literally 22 pounds heavier then she was when they married.

she was hurt to the core, she had low self esteem, once an extravert she would now stand in the shadows in groups and find excuses not to go out. i have been there more times than i care to think.

so when a healthy, person talks to me about needing to lose 10, 15 or 25 pounds because she is so miserable, i no longer roll my eyes and think, 'whatever, you don't even know', to, 'i totally understand the feeling'

i have my moments of depression and disgust, trust me i do, however, i am generally a happy person with a positive attitude and do my best to be thankful for what my body does do for me. i can move, i can take care of myself, i can work, i can love, i can play etc. it may not be like those who are more typically 'normal' but i am working on that.

i was never belittled by my family growing up, never! i am sure that being loved and accepted by this close nit unit helped a lot.

i wish like crazy that i could wave a magic wand and heal all the 'hurt' that we (you) have endured at the hands of those most cruel. be strong, stay the course and 'delete' those individuals who are hurtful out of your life where possible.
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    I noticed you put the word "friend" in quotation marks. Now looking back, not sure how long ago this was, but do you still look at this person as a friend? Because I am sorry but some things are just better left unsaid and if that boss actually said this, then this was a situation where a true friend would not have repeated what was said because that would lower anyone's self confidence. When I go out to eat, I don't look at outer shell, I look at the smile if I am given one these days and you can tell so much by a person by their smile and their eyes and that is where you will see their "true beauty". Here in Texas we have Sonic drive ins everywhere. We like to give the car hops a dollar tip. The other day our car hop came out with a huge smile on her face, one of those that just made you smile with her. She got a two dollar tip.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    OMG, this is so heartbreaking, that it brings tears to my eyes. Such sadness, and so much thoughtlessness, cruel and downright nasty comments. Looking back on 60 years of living, and being overweight since I was 15, I am remembering comments by my parents, sisters, "friends?" and strangers, and it still hurts. I am so grateful that my husband of 37 years and my daughter have never once made me feel bad about my weight. They truly love me for the person I am, not how I look. 100% supportive of my life style change. I am very fortunate to have them both.

I wish I could say something to each and every person who was hurt in this way to help them feel better. Words hurt, and it can be hard to forget how much. Just know that there are a lot of people that have been there and wish all the best to everyone, so they can move on and become healthier. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I wish everyone's inner beauty to shine through.

Thank you all for sharing your pain and letting us know we are not alone.
  • desilu69
    Options
    I noticed you put the word "friend" in quotation marks. Now looking back, not sure how long ago this was, but do you still look at this person as a friend? Because I am sorry but some things are just better left unsaid and if that boss actually said this, then this was a situation where a true friend would not have repeated what was said because that would lower anyone's self confidence. When I go out to eat, I don't look at outer shell, I look at the smile if I am given one these days and you can tell so much by a person by their smile and their eyes and that is where you will see their "true beauty". Here in Texas we have Sonic drive ins everywhere. We like to give the car hops a dollar tip. The other day our car hop came out with a huge smile on her face, one of those that just made you smile with her. She got a two dollar tip.
  • desilu69
    Options
    In high school I applied for a job in a shopping centre food court but didn't get the job. Later on my 'friend' who also worked there told me the reason I didn't get it was because the boss said I was so ugly my face would turn the customers off the food. And people wondered why I had no desire to find a job until I was 18 and had to.
  • desilu69
    Options
    I so messed up on this... I was trying to put in quote and reply to it. I am so new at this. Forgive my ignorance on forums :blushing:
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When I was 14, and a freshman in HS I weighed 139lbs. I was 5'5"... my mom took me with her to her weight watchers and they talked her into signing me up. :( Nothing will kill your self image at that age than total strangers telling you you could stand to lose 19lbs.

So the yo yo dieting and self-hate began. -__-
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    When I moved in with my grandfather he made some remarks about my weight. Like he would drop hints when I was preparing food and on frequent occasions called my cat fat.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options

-Husband used to call me a fat lazy b*t*h and that I'm good for nothing. I wasn't worth anything. He only married me because of my son. That if I sat down on a chair I would break it. Now a days he doesn't call me fat. He does complain that guys check me out to much. The b*t*h calling, not worth anything, good for nothing, lazy and more has not stopped. I really think he has some mental disorder because he doesn't act like this all the time. I used to cry all the time when he said something hurtful and now it's like I've become immune to his cruel words.

Hun, you need to get rid of this guy ..

Let her make her own decisions unless you know this person personally...

And when did I STOP her from making her own decision?

I didn't know that you did and why would I know about your business?
  • sglato
    sglato Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Because people did not see me during my weight loss at 112 pounds size 8 they said I was too skinny. Sorry, when people are a size 1, size 8 is a far cry at 112 pounds. This made me feel bad with all the hard work I have put forth. Why not say, " You look great. You did well."
    I used to weigh 135 and in a size 4. I did not workout like I am doing now, so did not have muscle, but I felt great... that was 6 yrs ago. I am now in my 200s and some of my family members are just now telling me..."It is good that you are losing weight, but don't get as small as you were before, cause you looked like you were sick" Wait. What?

But I have had it the other way to.Went in to a job I used to work at, and some of the same ladies work there still. I remember one of them said.. "You're fat. Did you just have a baby?" I responded with a no, as calm as I could, but inside I was hurting... Some ppl just are rude, and speak there mind.