30 day shred progress (pix)

Options

Replies

• joysdiet
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I am so proud of you and I don't even know you. You must feel good about yourself. Great work!
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely convinced the pictures are 7 days apart, but whatever...off to do the Shred now. You look great!
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Is is hard to do? Do you need anything besides the video? I just queued it up in my Netflix and waiting for it to get here. How long do you have to do it everyday? Does it make you super tired??? I was thinking of doing it in the morning before work...since I already hit the gym for two hours after work. But with two kids, it's hard to fit it in...but I love your results and I'm so wanting to try it!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely convinced the pictures are 7 days apart, but whatever...off to do the Shred now. You look great!

The first photos were taken a few days before I started the shred possibly even a week before I started. I knew I was about to start it so wanted to be sure to have them. The 7 day photo's were taken 7 days after I started. I never said that the photos were taken 7 days apart. Just that the after photo's were taken 7 days after I started the shred.
    Is is hard to do? Do you need anything besides the video? I just queued it up in my Netflix and waiting for it to get here. How long do you have to do it everyday? Does it make you super tired??? I was thinking of doing it in the morning before work...since I already hit the gym for two hours after work. But with two kids, it's hard to fit it in...but I love your results and I'm so wanting to try it!

You need at least 2-3lb weights or you can use soup can's but you won't get the best from it. I am using 3lb weights. It's a 20 minute workout a day, I do it 2 days and then 1 day break, 2 days, 1 day break and so on.. I'm not super sleepy but I can tell my body had a good workout. I actually feel pretty great after.
  • ashbrey17
    Options
    im sorry if i sound crazy but this is a like a workout dvd correct
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    my jaw is on the floor--- wow. I did this program and gained 3lbs in the first week.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Yes.

And from the beginning of the warmup to the end of the cool down is 26 minutes and 44 seconds. It isn't quite a 20-minute workout, though it's billed as such. There are three levels and the idea is to do each one for 10 days.

It's a great workout. You'll be sore. But I always get bored with it pretty quickly. I'm trying again to make it all 30 days, but I generally end up stopping after about 15-20, so we'll see.

As for the OP's pictures, that looks like about a 40-pound difference. I agree that that is likely not the result of seven days of the Shred, but probably a month or two of diet and exercise. The Shred is good, but it's not magic.
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This is incredible. Your progress pictures from just 1 week have just inspired me to want to try the 30 day shred :) I'm going to find it tonight so I can do it!!
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm on day three level one. I hope I have results similar to yours! That is amazing. Keep up the good work!
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Did you follow a specific diet plan with this?
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

Yes.

And from the beginning of the warmup to the end of the cool down is 26 minutes and 44 seconds. It isn't quite a 20-minute workout, though it's billed as such. There are three levels and the idea is to do each one for 10 days.

It's a great workout. You'll be sore. But I always get bored with it pretty quickly. I'm trying again to make it all 30 days, but I generally end up stopping after about 15-20, so we'll see.

As for the OP's pictures, that looks like about a 40-pound difference. I agree that that is likely not the result of seven days of the Shred, but probably a month or two of diet and exercise. The Shred is good, but it's not magic.

I didn't drop 40lbs, I've not dropped 40lbs since I started back. I lost 70 in my pregnancy, and just recently reached 39lbs lost today. I only lost 3lbs and a lot of inches doing this. I really don't care if you believe me. I have no reason to lie about it. I don't have to impress you or anyone else :)
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? That is awesome. Way to go for sticking with it - can't wait to see your updates. :) (I'm also excited because I have the same DVD coming in the mail any day now! )

You look great!! Keep it up!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Did you follow a specific diet plan with this?

No fried foods, no bad sguars, no soda's of any kind. Only source of caffeine is Coffee in the morning, drink between 8-10 glasses of water a day. This go I'm working on eating clean. No grains of any kind for 2 weeks. On day 5 right now.
  • ESP12
    ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's a video -no nonsense- exercise series by Jillian Michaels ( a former trainer on 'The Biggest Loser').
    Great cardio-strength-abs interval training in 3 levels for 30 days; hence the name
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options
    Wow great job well done!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Wow....looks like you are getting great result!!! way to go :D
    Are you doing the shred each & every day or are you giving yourself a rest in between??
    Keep up the great work! Be curious to see your final results ;)
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing after only 7 days!! That is soo awesome! I started the shred and got through 2 days, but was so sore (like could barely sit down) that I just gave up! Any pointers on how to keep going?! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks! And again, you look AWESOME!! :)

Lol on day 2 I kept thinking "Why oh why am I doing this to my poor body?" But I kept hearing Jillian say "You can do it, we don't give up, you just have to push through it." some reason that kept me motivated. I'm sore right now, my body hurts so good lol. I keep saying hurt so good cus it's one of those "I'm so sore but it's for a good reason." I had to stop and take a break day 1 and day 2, by day 3 I was doing the entire work out without a break. I keep telling myself "It's only 20 minutes a day." 20 minutes is not a long time, yes intense, but I can't wait to see what day 30 holds.

I agree - even though I am sore, I find that working out actually helps. You do have to make sure that you haven't injured yourself, but if you can push through a few more days it will be worth it.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I will start tomorrow!
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow after just 7 days! Amazing!!! you look great :laugh:

I concur! I have this ordered so hopefully it will pop up in my mailbox today so I can get started and get results!
    Only 7 days.... WOW!
  • TaraEpersaud
    Options
    Well Gosh!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!