What do you avoid?

Options
What do you avoid and why?
I have seen many avoid milk,red meat, bananas, olive oil, peanut butter and many other things and curious why?

I avoid walnuts - only because I graze on them all day and easily go over my calorie goal. Yum :]
Otherwise if it fits in my macros I eat it!

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake. Although I ate one to myself on Thanksgiving and the few days after :drinker: Maybe try to avoid chicken wings because I can eat 5 million of them and barely get full, still like to have them every now and then though.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I avoid all animal products just because I have chosen to be vegan (I don't judge anyone else's diet!)

Other than that I only avoid things that come in bags just because I can't keep my filthy little mits out!

Otherwise - if it fits in my macros it's fair game (and sometimes if it doesn't fit I eat it any way :tongue: ) Clearly it's working for me.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    I avoid asparagus simply because I do not like the taste.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    nothing. i literally eat anything i want. even if it's bad for me. but i do it in very limited portions. i've lost 24 lbs in 3mo, so it's working for me!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I avoid brussel sprouts, cabbage, and bourbon... because they taste like [censored]. :sick:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I avoid the stuff at the Vietnamese restaurant that I'm not sure what part of the animal it came from
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Chicken gizzards and bananas (not necessarily together), because they're both nasty.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I do avoid soda for the most part too - only because carbonation gives a bloated belly look xD

I'm just curious why some cut out the things I listed plus bread, white rice, and such?
    Really just curious :] Taste/lifestyle I completely understand. But I see so many forcing themselves to give up things they like and I dont get it D:
  • taso42
    Options
    I avoid brussel sprouts, cabbage, and bourbon... because they taste like [censored]. :sick:

You take that back (about the bourbon)!
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I avoid dairy completely. I can't even eat a little bit of butter, cream, or cheese without terrible consequences. It's probably better that way, I could eat a whole pizza on my own if allowed. I avoid chips and very rarely buy crackers cause I'll eat more than I should. I'll eat just about anything else.
  • taso42
    Options
    I do avoid soda for the most part too - only because carbonation gives a bloated belly look xD

I'm just curious why some cut out the things I listed plus bread, white rice, and such?
    Really just curious :] Taste/lifestyle I completely understand. But I see so many forcing themselves to give up things they like and I dont get it D:

This is some sort of suffering syndrome people have. I think many genuinely believe they need to feel deprived in order to lose weight....
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    white toast spread thick with nutella, but only because white bread bloats me out :0(

other than that, I eat everything i want, just in moderation
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Potato Chips- I have no self control D: I could eat a whole bag in one sitting.

I tried to give up white bread & rice because I was told it was oh so horrible for me. But I love it too much, so I just eat them in moderation.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I avoid ice cream because once I start eating it, I crave more. For now, I avoid it, but not forever.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Nada! If I want it, I have it! But I have small portions of it.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I avoid Reese's peanut butter cups because I can't stop at just one. :noway: Otherwise, there isn't really anything that is off limits for me. I find, though, that I really don't miss crackers & chips so much, so I tend to not eat them. I have more of a sweet tooth, but as long as I have the calories for it, I'll squeeze them in. And I have not sworn off fast food, diet drinks, etc. either. Moderation works for me.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Chicken gizzards and bananas (not necessarily together), because they're both nasty.

what on earth are chicken gizzards?????
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat, even though I like it.

I also don't eat eggplant (aubergine), zucchini (courgette), brussels sprouts or egg yolks, because they are all gross.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I only avoid certain foods due to food intolerances. If I didn't have any, I'd probably eat most anything I wanted if it fit into my daily goal. However, I am a bit leery of diet sodas. I used to LOVE Diet Coke or Pepsi but now because I've been diagnosed with so many intolerances it makes me nervous to drink it. I am obviously paranoid, haha.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

You take that back (about the bourbon)!

Ha! Never! Bourbon (and tequila too, actually) have no business being anywhere near my mouth. Give me Rum or give me death! :drinker: