What do you avoid?

Options

Replies

• MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I don't drink like I use to, lol. I found out my favorite martini had 257 calories per glass ... now don't get me wrong, it's a damn good martini, but 257 calories good? Not often. lol I now drink flavored vodka with diet juice (5 cal per 8oz, no sugar).

Cheers! :drinker:
  • kellyc3
    Options
    Eggs. Hate them!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I avoid fat-free cheese, ice cream, salad dressing, etc. I don't think there is anything sadder tasting than fat-free cheese.

I also avoid soy (I'm allergic), broccoli (it makes my stomach angry) and eggs that aren't mixed into something like cake or cookies (because eggs are creepy!).
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    I avoid pizza. Not by choice. My weakness is pizza and I cannot stop at one slice. I will eat 3 slices at one sitting and nibble on the rest for the rest of the night... so I end up eating a 12"! Hmmmm, PiZzzzZa!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but bread/pasta just make me more hungry so I have to exercise some self control. I don't avoid, but I don't have these very regularly, or at least I didn't in the beginning of my weight loss attempt. Now that I'm almost at my goal I'm loosening that up a bit.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I avoid fried foods as there is always a healthier steamed, baked, or grilled alternative.

I avoid carbonated soda and juice because I like my calories to be more solid. Water and tea work just fine for me.

I avoid white rice, white bread, basically any overly processed carb. Whole grains are my alternative.

I avoid skim, 1%, and 2% milk now because I have discovered an addiction to unsweetened almond milk.

I limit my beer intake, but love a cold draft when I am out to dinner and I have a few calories to spare.

I limit my red meat, but do not eliminate entirely...love me a nice bone-in ribeye.

I limit my sweets, cakes, ice creams, etc. but indulge occasionally

I severely limit my Mexican food and pizza intake because those are the one foods that can derail my journey. Those are once every so often kinda meals.

Limiting my fruits to one serving a day and upping my veggies to try to lower my daily sugar intake...(in search of the six pack)
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Processed food, food high in sodium and sugar.
  • laurenatholen
    Options
    Well I avoid all nuts because i an allergic except for almonds because strangely they don't affect me!
    I try to avoid as much dairy as I can because I get stomach problems, I also avoid carrots and apples because I have realllly bad allergies to them :/
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from fried foods simply because of the fat/calorie thing. I haven't cut myself off completely but now I have something fried like once a month versus once a day like I was before I started eating better.
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    oh and apples.... because they SUCK!

can't stand having that **** stuck in my teeth :grumble:
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Adding oil when cooking! IMO, there is no point. Not worth the calories and it does nothing to the flavor of my food. I use other ingredients like seasonings, sauces with lower calories, grilling vegetables, water, etc.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I avoid soy, all meat except fish/shellfish, dairy, gluten, wheat, & canned/processed foods
  • Magician07
    Options
    I avoid working my core!!
  • Magician07
    Options
    Movie popcorn is the worst for me. I have no control. :)

But do you avoid it? ;)
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, because once I start, I can't stop. Lol.

Other than that; pasta, red meats, white potatoes, milk; and any of the other obviously "bad" foods.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I avoid french fries and pop.....gave them up long ago and now I've lost all appetite for them.

Anyone who loses the taste for something they once loved is blessed, BLESSED, I tell you. I avoid things and NEVER lose the taste for them!!!
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I avoid pizza. Not by choice. My weakness is pizza and I cannot stop at one slice. I will eat 3 slices at one sitting and nibble on the rest for the rest of the night... so I end up eating a 12"! Hmmmm, PiZzzzZa!

Ahh, pizza!! Oh how I miss pizza :-( But, it's probably the reason why I gained all my weight back. I pretty much ate nothing but last winter.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    When I opened this I wasn't even thinking it would be about food specifically...I recently said to a group of friends, "I am an avoider of all things that suck."
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I avoid alcohol because I had a problem with it. It's my #1 NO-NO. I can eat anything before taking a drink of wine.

I tend to avoid processed carbohydrates (bread, pizza, pasta, etc) because of the insulin & fat holding issues. Sugar as well, although not 100%... I do let myself have treats.

I also avoid grains unless it's quinoa or millet. Those seem to be the most nutritious and so I'll have them on occasion. For the same reason as above... although the insulin response isn't as bad for whole grains, I still don't like to eat them.

I don't drink any drink unless it's filtered water with lemon or lime, mineral or seltzer water, unsweet tea, herbal tea, coffee with a little half & half (no sugar, no hydrogenated creamers, no aspartame sweetener... ever). This way I avoid sugar, aspartame, food coloring, etc.

I avoid overeating fruits & nuts... fruits have sugar, nuts have lots of calories. I eat those in moderation.

So... I pretty much stick with meats that are not fried, fish, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and I will let myself have small amounts of ice-cream, brownies, cupcakes, etc. at the end of the day (not every day, and it must be within my calorie allowance).
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I do avoid soda for the most part too - only because carbonation gives a bloated belly look xD

I'm just curious why some cut out the things I listed plus bread, white rice, and such?
    Really just curious :] Taste/lifestyle I completely understand. But I see so many forcing themselves to give up things they like and I dont get it D: