What do you avoid?

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Chicken gizzards and bananas (not necessarily together), because they're both nasty.
    what on earth are chicken gizzards?????
    20090810-chicken-gizzards-raw.jpg

"The gizzard, also referred to as the ventriculus, gastric mill, and gigerium, is an organ found in the digestive tract of some animals, including birds, reptiles, earthworms and some fish. This specialized stomach constructed of thick, muscular walls is used for grinding up food; often rocks are instrumental in this process. In certain insects and mollusks, the gizzard features chitinous plates or teeth."

The meat inside is purple too. :frown:
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I only avoid things I don't like and things that make me hungrier instead of filling me up.
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I avoid french fries and pop.....gave them up long ago and now I've lost all appetite for them.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I too avoid eggplant like it is a curse.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    This is some sort of suffering syndrome people have. I think many genuinely believe they need to feel deprived in order to lose weight....
    I tried to give up white bread & rice because I was told it was oh so horrible for me. But I love it too much, so I just eat them in moderation.

I think you are right Guru. Just like that post ^^ we are told that so many things should be avoided when there is no reason not to!

I used to think I had to go low carb and vegetarian in order to lose weight. Before I started looking into nutrition
  • jrp050680
    Options
    Chemicals and empty carbs.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Milk...I switched to Almond milk no more bloating for me. I'm suppose to avoid caffeine too, but can't break that habit.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I too avoid eggplant like it is a curse.
    Bread and fry it, with some marinara sauce, and it's heaven.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm pescetarian, so meat. Everything else is fair game though...especially sweets!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Milk...I switched to Almond milk no more bloating for me. I'm suppose to avoid caffeine too, but can't break that habit.
    Missing out on the protein from milk though. Almond milk has almost none in comparison. :drinker:
  • ricanstace
    Options
    I try to avoid pizza!! Because I have a hard time stopping at one or two pieces!! ;) Plus I could eat it for any meal of the day!
  • amrithav
    amrithav Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually try and stay away from processed and artificial foods.

I read someplace that the best way to eat food is to avoid food that your grand mom would not recognize.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'm mildly lactose intolerant so I avoid milk (but love ice cream and cheese!)

I also avoid shrimp because they are the cockroaches of the ocean.

And carrots and eggplant just because.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I avoid brussel sprouts, cabbage, and bourbon... because they taste like [censored]. :sick:

You take that back (about the bourbon)!

Ha! Never! Bourbon (and tequila too, actually) have no business being anywhere near my mouth. Give me Rum or give me death! :drinker:

I will drink tequila for you to protect you from it. :bigsmile:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I avoid onions because they taste like crap.

I try to avoid sugary fattening snacks after I have already made my meal plans, because I try to stick with the plan I made...and "cheating" with candy or whatever makes me feel bad about myself. I don't always avoid them, but when I do have them, it is a planned thing to make sure they fit into my diary without causing issues with the macros and calories.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid nuts because I can't seem to use moderation with them. Namely cashews, pecans, & almonds.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Diet food of any kind.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Chicken gizzards and bananas (not necessarily together), because they're both nasty.
    what on earth are chicken gizzards?????
    20090810-chicken-gizzards-raw.jpg

"The gizzard, also referred to as the ventriculus, gastric mill, and gigerium, is an organ found in the digestive tract of some animals, including birds, reptiles, earthworms and some fish. This specialized stomach constructed of thick, muscular walls is used for grinding up food; often rocks are instrumental in this process. In certain insects and mollusks, the gizzard features chitinous plates or teeth."

The meat inside is purple too. :frown:

OMG that is absolutely minging!!! Where do they serve them cos I ain't going. Its breast n thighs for me, ha!!! :laugh:
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I suppose I don’t know why one would avoid whole foods other than taste/preference, but for things like pre-packaged, processed foods, there are plenty I avoid simply because there are healthier alternatives that taste just as good. Or I would rather choose a local brand because I want to support local businesses. There are many other reasons I would avoid certain foods as well, not just because of health or taste. For example, the choice to have pacific, wild-caught salmon over farmed salmon is often made for reasons other than health or taste. I choose certain brands of foods and stick to them because of their business practices and the ingredients they choose.

My point is that the choice to avoid certain foods is not always because someone feels like they need to starve themselves to lose weight, or that they believe there are specific “bad” or “good” foods.

Anyway, I’m a food snob. :flowerforyou:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I will have anything as long as it fits my macros.
    The only thing I really avoid (if you can call it that - I still eat it occasionally) is the local Chinese takeaway as I don't know what goes into it. I could never banish it altogether though, I love their lemon chicken too much!! I just end up estimating.