What do you avoid?

Options

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Butter...I just detest the stuff.

At thanksgiving I witnessed a relative put a tiny pad of butter in the green beans...Needless to say I did not eat those green-beans.

Butter kills...There should be a foundation for butter awareness.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I avoid non-diet soda & fruit juices. I don't waste cals on sugary drinks when I can have a diet soda & then get to eat more.

I also don't eat fries/chips. If I am out for dinner, I will always switch these to veggies & mashed potato. Much prefer the taste & like to get in all the micronutrients I can.

I don't buy cashews anymore as they are totally my addiction.

Oh & mushrooms because I don't eat fungus haha.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    The gluten part mostly helps me avoid eating a lot of bread and pasta. I used to be the carb eating queen so avoiding gluten helps me stay away from those definitely unhealthy carb binges. I will say, I'm not a 24/7 paleo-er. I treat myself to some of these things occasionally... a beer or two, a slice of pizza, etc.

It really all just boils down to moderation I think. And like you said, to each their own. : ) I don't think anyone has yet to develop the "right" nutritional plan.

ah I know about the carb binges! I used to have them too. Goodbye granola bars lol

Good for you :]
  • Kylea51
    Options
    greesy, salty things, big down fall for me, if i start eating anything like chips, fries and whatnot, I will eat them till I get sick~ literatly. So I avoid them. Not even in small portions anymore. (I do like the "baked" chips tho, those I eat in portions)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Butter...I just detest the stuff.

At thanksgiving I witnessed a relative put a tiny pad of butter in the green beans...Needless to say I did not eat those green-beans.

Butter kills...There should be a foundation for butter awareness.
    That foundation could let you know it's a 'pat' of butter, among other things. :drinker:
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Fried foods- it leaves a gross film in my mouth

I avoid these things because I can't stop eating it once I start
    Cereal
    Watermelon
    Chex Mix
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    the daily TOM threads on this website
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Right now: dairy, low fiber fruits and low fiber carbs. I have one day a week I can do whatever within limits though. Working pretty well actually.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I try and avoid low carb and paleo zealots and stressing over food choices/meal timing

oh and Miracle Whip, Helman's or homemade mayo/aoli > miracle whip
  • CurlyQTee
    Options
    Movie popcorn is the worst for me. I have no control. :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I avoid big bags of potato chips and popcorn and cartons of ice cream, simply b/c I am too lazy to portion out those things correctly. Instead I get versions that are pre-portioned for me so I don't have to worry about my laziness affecting my calorie goal. LOL Individual bags of chips or popcorn when I just have to have them and ice cream bars - easier for me to keep up with the calories. I tend to get grilled chicken instead of the fried versions I used to always have, but it's not the end of the world if BoJangles gets my grilled chicken sandwich order wrong and gives me cajun fried instead. Delicious mistake. I just adjust my other plans for the day to account for the extra calories.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    the daily TOM threads on this website
    You just made this into a TOM thread!!! :cry:

I try to avoid pop, but my husband brings it into the house. The saboteur.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I also avoid shrimp because they are the cockroaches of the ocean.
    Tasty, tasty cockroaches, mind you.

Actually, the "cockroaches of the ocean" refers to lobsters, not shrimp.

I don't avoid either because they are actually quite healthy and tasty.

Except lobsters are waaay too big to be cockroaches... shrimps though.. they're all little and creepy looking.
  • healthorhighwater
    healthorhighwater Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I avoid anything with the word faux (fake) or veggie or tofu or soy (except soy sauce) in it.

faux meat
    faux sauce
    faux sausage
    veggie burger
    veggie ribs
    tofu
    tofurkey
    soy milk
    soy milk

why this?

etc.....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Klingons.

128804447013435746.jpg
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I generally monitor my carbohydrates, I limit fruit and alcohol (although not as much as I should, with regard to the alcohol, ha) and monitor sodium.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i avoid people at the street that are holding pamphlets and smiling at me from afar
  • EarthquakeZinGirl
    Options
    Actually, lobsters own the "cockroach of the sea" title. Cockroaches are their nearest living land relative....

Consequently, I avoid them like the plague. Also lima beans--can't abide the little buggers.

Other than that, I stay away from processed foods and I'm currently avoiding carbs because I'm in the first phase of the 17 Day Diet.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid soy protein isolates, supplements, and mushrooms. Anything with that rubbery, slimy texture - I just don't like it. :smile:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid pizza!! Because I have a hard time stopping at one or two pieces!! ;) Plus I could eat it for any meal of the day!

Cold pizza makes a great breakfast! Okay, not healthy, but tasty.

I avoid pickles because they're gross, artificial sweeteners because the aftertaste is repulsive, and eggnog because the day doesn't have enough hours in it to burn off the calories.