You're a stranger to me and you just asked. :wink:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    LOL! You two are cracking me up!
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mine is private, and its simple -- I do not see the need to make it public. I am very accostumed at watching what I eat and tracking food is second nature. I personally do not understand the benefit of people knowing whether or not I am under/over my calorie goal. It would be different if I was in a diet of some sort and wanted to be 'guided'. The moment I try new things and want to know whether or not I'm in the right track I'll change it :)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain?
    Because when I was OBESE people felt the need to come to my face and tell me "you should not be eating that" when I was losing wt people would come and say, "you need to eat more" I AM SICK AND TIRED OF FOLK AND THIER OPINIONS AND BEING FOOD POLICE!!!!!!!!! SO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I will not make my diary public. Worry about what you put in YOUR MOUTH!!!!!! (as she floats off in the sunset with her black as night hair flowing in the autumn breeze).....
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I'm genuinely surprised at how many people feel it is their right to trawl through & comment on the diaries of people who aren't on their friend list. talk about ego.

MFP is a resource for people to use as it suits them, there is no rule that states diaries should be public, there is no rule that states you have the right to know everything other members put in their mouths, comments about diaries being private becuase the users are stuffing their face with crap just shows the arrogance of some people.

Not everyone wants or feels the need to advertise every aspect of life on the internet, this is a fairly new thing with face book & web boards but it isn't required to share every part of yourself with the rest of the internet.
  • mike_pasquelli42
    Options
    Just private people
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    duplicate
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Oh my...look at the things you guys are eating...

tumblr_lf7keoDSGq1qc24th.jpg
  • melgillis
    melgillis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My diary not private because I use that feature as a personal tool to keep myself in line. I do screw up occasionally and when I do I confess my sins and move on. I also have supportive mfp friends who wouldn't dream of being overly critical or judgemental. Personally, I rarely look at my friends diaries. I prefer to comment on their thoughts of the day or their exercise and calories burned.

Your food diary is your tool. You can choose to share it or not. It's your choice. If some have had negative situations as a consequence of sharing their diary... then by all means, take care of yourself and keep it private. We can go all day with out making a venue for some idiot to critize us.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It's probably mostly because they don't want everyone to know what a COUGHfattyCOUGH I mean how unhealthy they were!

Its the judgement in statements like this that is part of the reason why mine is private. I know I am problem eater. When someone says, "Your fat you shouldn't be eating that!", it makes me more likley to eat it :(
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    It's probably mostly because they don't want everyone to know what a COUGHfattyCOUGH I mean how unhealthy they were!

Its the judgement in statements like this that is part of the reason why mine is private. I know I am problem eater. When someone says, "Your fat you shouldn't be eating that!", it makes me more likley to eat it :(

Exactly. And this is incorrect anyhow. My log is private, I'm not fat, I just don't see why anyone would be interested in it and I know I'm not interested in theirs and I don't care what anyone else on this site thinks about my health. I hope they don't care what I think about their health either. Sounds to me like there are plenty of food logs to scroll through without mine, anyhow!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I don't thik anyone has demanded they see everyone's diary.
  • jedi9393
    jedi9393 Posts: 121
    Options
    Mine is open. I dont have food issues. Food IMO isnt a private thing. It's just well....food. Not a big deal. If someone sends me an email and they arent on my friends list I look over it and if they are negative I just delete it. I dont hoard friends. I only have a few on my friends list. If one of them even dared to be critical or be a jerk I would just remove and block. Some people get too emotional over what peope say or worry over what people think. I think its a confidence thing. I dont care what others think really. And yes I do it with the lights on!
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Mine is open. I dont have food issues. Food IMO isnt a private thing. It's just well....food. Not a big deal. If someone sends me an email and they arent on my friends list I look over it and if they are negative I just delete it. I dont hoard friends. I only have a few on my friends list. If one of them even dared to be critical or be a jerk I would just remove and block. Some people get too emotional over what peope say or worry over what people think. I think its a confidence thing. I dont care what others think really. And yes I do it with the lights on!

I feel similar
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

I don't have food issues, either, but I don't think what I eat is anyone's. I'm here for me. I'm tracking my food so I know what I'm eating and can get an idea about how to eat when I eventually get to a maintenance level. Not even my family needs to know every little thing I'm eating. Why would I let a bunch of strangers know that?
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My join date is 2 years ago because I used to use DietPower to track my diet/exercise but I had to keep handwritten notes & log everything so that I could enter it on DietPower on my home computer at the end of the day.
    MFP was internet based w/mobile phone access & it was free so it was a better option. My log was created as a means of tracking for me in the same way that my notebook/health diary was for me. It never occurred to me to open it. I have included a lot of personal stuff in the notes & I don't see the need to share when I've had a great BM or what day my cycle starts or when I went to dinner at a particular restaurant with Mary, Jim & Bob.

I just started using the community part of the site since I've had some major life changes and am working to lose baby weight.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Not everyone wants or feels the need to advertise every aspect of life on the internet, this is a fairly new thing with face book & web boards but it isn't required to share every part of yourself with the rest of the internet.

I am much more comfortable with nonpublic diary (though very proud of my food choices). Through the forums, I know that there are many wonderful, knowledgeable people who I wish I knew, but I have chosen not to use the friends and public food diary aspect of MFP.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Someone commented on the fact that I had french toast for dinner yesterday. LMAO
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Someone commented on the fact that I had french toast for dinner yesterday. LMAO
    You must be totally fatter today because of it.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're not on the right track eating clean yet and are embarassed to show that they either aren't logging at all, aren't logging everything, or are logging bad things.

What is "eating clean"? Is that the opposite of eating dirty?

I eat food. Real food, as much as possible. If I don't eat "clean" like you do, is that bad?

What is "bad" food?

Maybe some people don't think it's anyone's else's gd business what they eat?
    Mine's private, and will stay that way.

Thank you for your support :smokin: :embarassed: :smokin: :embarassed: :smokin: