• rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I think I may have opened a can of worms with this topic. :0
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,682 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be the first time, so don't sweat it. We can be pretty wormy around here sometimes. :smile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,682 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be the first time, so don't sweat it. We can be pretty wormy around here sometimes. :smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's ok. Worms don't have carbs. :wink:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Like I said, the response to keto diets is highly individial. What part of this are you failing to understand?

Where did I say otherwise?

ppl that in favor of keto or low carb diet should just stop posting in this tread, you guys are beating a dead horse.

let the simple minded follow their " balanced" diet

will we get lean Thick Solid, vascular.

I don't think this guy follows a low carb diet religon like you. Given the choice based on apparent results, I'd have to go with this 8103392_9588_thumb.jpg vs 5762066_2462_thumb.jpg. since you seem to be judging by reuslts.

yeah, i started the KETO 3 weeks ago, but that pic is from early 2011. months ago, but nice try.
    also, i am a powerlifter, there for, actually i had a "balanced" diet with carbs in the pic (standard bulk up diet). come at me when you can deadlift 500lb or squat 400lbs.

follow whatever diet you want lol

so I guess I can "come at you" because I've done a sanctioned meet legal 400lb+ squat right? Were those lifting during competition or practice? What belt and wraps do you use? Pics?
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    carbs do make a difference to me, this week I've had more as only thing I've had left in house until fresh stuff gets delivered tomorrow and I've put on few pounds of water again, though also got water retention from TOTM due next so was horrified to find I gone back up to 11st.. (I used to go up 6lbs + a month with water retention before I went gluten free/low carb) I know its all water as I haven't eaten 3,500 extra calories each day and its gonna come straight back off once get back to diet and get monthlies out of the way, but still hate seeing number on scales go up.

I definitely do better on low carb.
  • acectsv
    acectsv Posts: 2
    Options
    "carbs" can't be bad! Look at a piece of fruit, whether its an apple, grape,orange,strawberry,pineapple.. your mouth waters and they taste good. Carrots, all of the lettuces,available taste good naturally so they must be good? Look at a cow and tell me it looks delicious. Go choke it... Meat doesn't taste good raw. Meat doesn't taste good cooked. Meat needs herbs and spices which are natural. Seems like we should eat whatever is raw and natural? Uncooked? Beans are good but we must cook them so idk about that. Nuts have all of the fat and protein we need. Animal protein is proven to cause many health problems like kidney stones
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Color me content to be simple-minded, then.

Grrr - zombie thread
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Wow - zombie thread resurrected by someone telling me to go choke a cow....interesting
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Wow - zombie thread resurrected by someone telling me to go choke a cow....interesting

ZOMBIE THREAD
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That is unfair it's early Monday morning!!!!!!!!!! God I hate MFP.
  • acectsv
    acectsv Posts: 2
    Options
    Why do you hate mfp?? What's the problem?
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Why do you hate mfp?? What's the problem?

Lol - I was just venting based on the fact I got tricked by a zombie thread - it was meant very much tongue in cheek .:smile:
  • Skywalker1977
    Options
    "I hear people saying that they have to avoid carbs a lot, but I don't understand why. I eat bread or pasta or potatoes all the time and I'm still losing weight. Also I thought they were good for you because they keep you full?
    Can anyone explain? (:"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I might sound like a rebel or come off as having a bad attitude for saying this, but I'm just going to say it. My bariatric nutritionist says for the "rest of my life" I'm going to have to have exclusively protein and eventually work in 25% carbohydrates and I tend to think it's bull****. Yes, she's trained in nutrition and I'm not, but I don't think she's seeing the forest for the trees. The key to everything is and always has been a BALANCED DIET, except under rare circumstances (such as recovering from surgery or childbirth). I don't think mostly carbs is the way to go, and I don't think mostly protein is the way to go.

When I grew up in the 80's, the big push was the food pyramid with carbs comprising the most intake and meat/protein to be eaten "sparingly". Now the industry is saying just the opposite--do all protein and carbs are a no-no. I think it's going to swing back around in the future to where they start recommending both in moderation, or equal quantities (well, DUH).

Just my two cents.