Fit, Fabulous and Pregnant - December 2011

Options

Replies

• taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Oh man...I know I've definitely had a growth spurt...SO...this may be TMI but when I first got pregnant, my boobs grew really fast and I had to get some new bras, I bought three and I rotate through them - I can't wear underwire anymore because it's just too uncomfortable so I have three that were my go to bras and I just cycled through them during the week...well now I'm on the last row of hooks and they are digging in and I'm spilling out lol :blushing: I think it's definitely time for some new bras...I'm so uncomfortable at work right now - I can't tell you how bad I want to take my bra off! haha

So my question is, is anyone else dealing with this? I am 28 weeks almost 29 so I'm wondering if I should buy nursing bras so I don't have to buy bras again after the baby comes or what? bras are expensive! I am thinking I might just buy nursing ones but I'm not sure if I'm going to get bigger still? oy yoy yoy! :tongue:

No Rayna wait longer they will get bigger when your milk comes in
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Buy cheap bras for now. I bought cheap non wired bras at Target.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies:)
    Well, for this week , I am sticking to the same goals
    -at least 20 minutes of some sort of exercise every day
    -10 glasses of fluid minimum (I am saying fluid since I think guzzling water gave me heartburn something serious today...will make some iced peppermint tea tonight...)
    -Fruit at breakfast, veggie at snack, both at dinner and lunch...
    -try to NOT eat potato chips. I have been killen' those this past week and today.
    -keep staying within my calorie goal.
    For non health related -- get the Christmas tree up!

I have massage therapy tomorrow, so it will be a rest day, and Wed back to the OB for another checkup and u/s...which I guess he will do weekly until the spotting stops. It is certainly slower -- only once or twice a day, so I am pleased with that progress.
    I traded m/s for heartburn all day today....oh well...only a few more weeks of feeling icky!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Babeed/Denise, the hair is looking good! Seems like an easy style for a new mamma too! I do not, as a policy, wear heels. LOL

BB/Ashley – congrats on the successful shower, that’s scary about the fall though. Gotta be careful at your stage. No more socks without grips!

Kristy_estes, so glad to hear you are coping as well as can be expected. I hope time continues to heal your heart. I’m sure seeing your LO will help a lot as well!

Rosanna barbar- I think you have a healthy balanced schedule lined up! I agree that staying active is the most important thing, not whether you call it exercise

Demwitted, it depends on the tea. There are certain herbs you want to avoid. My organic pregnancy tea has raspberry leaf but not red raspberry leaf so it can be confusing and it depends on how much. Here is a nice table you can use: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/isitsafeto/herb&drugchart/

paulandrea, if you are still having pain or shortness of breath you need to get checked asap. Pregnant women are at increased risk for blood clots in the lungs and tears in the aorta

batgirl, sorry to hear about the headache. Hope it doesn’t return!

Rayna, sounds like you are living the life! My hubby is already taking about getting a bigger car for the baby, he thinks all babies need at X5 BMW, lol (he is a bmw freak). I’m with you on the veggie problem, I used to love them but now I can only eat them raw, they disgust me cooked. Enjoy those bountiful boobs but I agree to try cheaper bras or a sports bra until you’re closer to delivery

mistibergman, I TOTALLY feel you on the urination. Sometimes I’m soooo tired and the last thing I want to do is get up and pee

aimeeclaire – crossing my fingers you get a good quote! Good goal on avoiding the sugary snacks, can’t seem to keep my hands out of the candy drawer at work!

80lbslost – It could totally be RL pain, do you get it on the elliptical? If so, I would back off. Anything that exacerbates it will decrease the likelihood of it going away!

Welcome gisele/Linda – love the communication goals for your child! How impressive he or she will be!

Andrea, no time like the present, lol!

nicki, it’s so exciting you could go any day now. And you’re all belly and still doing Zumba. What an inspiration!

Mrs. Jax – I’m so happy the bleeding is subsiding. Those are great goals. I looove potato chips so I totally feel you on trying to avoid them!

AFM, m/s (actually afternoon->evening sickness) was especially bad yesterday, tried zofran and preggie pops with no relief. I am happy for the misery though I almost cried at being unable to vomit because it’s better than an m/c! I was too busy at work to notice it today but I’m feeling it now that I’m home.

Today was funny cause my primary doctor called the ER to consult me on a patient she was thinking about sending over, realized I was also her patient and started asking me about the pregnancy. Had to answer discretely since my coworkers don’t know yet!
    I think I am going to have to sneak and US myself at work by the end of this week, I am nervous because the other baby died probably during the 8th week and I don’t want to buy a Doppler and find nothing. :frown:

Goals for the week
    - strength training 3X per week (though I hurt my shoulder Sunday doing bench press :grumble: )
    - Cardio 4-5X/week (elliptical or speedwalking)
    - Stick to calories, try to eat more protein and less carbs
    - water>1L/day

Melissa
    8 weeks 6 days!
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    Oh man...I know I've definitely had a growth spurt...SO...this may be TMI but when I first got pregnant, my boobs grew really fast and I had to get some new bras, I bought three and I rotate through them - I can't wear underwire anymore because it's just too uncomfortable so I have three that were my go to bras and I just cycled through them during the week...well now I'm on the last row of hooks and they are digging in and I'm spilling out lol :blushing: I think it's definitely time for some new bras...I'm so uncomfortable at work right now - I can't tell you how bad I want to take my bra off! haha

So my question is, is anyone else dealing with this? I am 28 weeks almost 29 so I'm wondering if I should buy nursing bras so I don't have to buy bras again after the baby comes or what? bras are expensive! I am thinking I might just buy nursing ones but I'm not sure if I'm going to get bigger still? oy yoy yoy! :tongue:

They grow, and grow, and grow....
    I was top heavy before getting pregnant and I can't believe what they look like now. :noway:
    I would probably recommend sports bras for your stage in the pregnancy. They will be tight and supportive enough, while still stretchy enough to keep growing with you. If you can find nursing bras that give you enough space to continue growing, then go for it.
    Speaking of nursing bras, I really need to start looking for some...anyone have suggestions for store or brand to purchase?

Thanks,
    Rosanna
    34 weeks, 6 days
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    Ok sorry, I need to post a random comment. I swear I am not planning/trying to make the top of every new page on this month's thread. That is some weird coincidence.
    Have a great night ladies!
  • breezy4sheezy
    breezy4sheezy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Name: Brianna
    Hubby:Ruben
    How many kiddos: Noah- 3 in January and Baby boy on the way:)
    Due Date: 4/9/2012
    How far along are you: 22 Weeks
    Baby name: Unsure
    Where do you live: California, East Bay Area
    Workouts while pregnant: Have had really bad back and pelvic pain so limited but motivated to start walking atleast 3 X week and doing videos at home:)
    Fun fact about yourself: I'm really young had my son at 19 and now going on my second child at 22. Ive always been up and down with my weight and am currently at my biggest ever :( Although I've only gained 9 lbs i got the okay from my dr to try and lose weight/maintain last week...I am a fulltime student in an accelerated program to get my bachlors in liberal studies at the same time as my multiple subject teaching credential. Excited for the new baby but i must say at times im more nervous because I start the last year of my program in the Summer....and I love being at home with my son more days than school so it's going to be a big change especially with a newborn. Funnest fact...my son is my best friend I love him so much for all you FTM you have no idea how amazing it feels to love someone so much :) o yes we are also planning are wedding for Sept. 2012:) and weve been together since I was 13 ...crazy:)
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options

They grow, and grow, and grow....
    I was top heavy before getting pregnant and I can't believe what they look like now. :noway:
    I would probably recommend sports bras for your stage in the pregnancy. They will be tight and supportive enough, while still stretchy enough to keep growing with you. If you can find nursing bras that give you enough space to continue growing, then go for it.
    Speaking of nursing bras, I really need to start looking for some...anyone have suggestions for store or brand to purchase?

Thanks,
    Rosanna
    34 weeks, 6 days

Great topic!! :noway:

I was top heavy prior to getting pregnant and now their just ridiculous! :grumble: I no longer fit into the Walmart/Burlington bra sizes as I've hit their biggest size....So I've been wondering if nursing bras would do the trick, if they continue to grow....

Okay I just read back up through the thread....Sports bras- yeah can't fit into those not even at the biggest size...they put my boobs in my face...LOL...so I'll continue to rotate since it sounds like I'm about to grow again when I breast feed.

BTW, how do you ladies get your shirts to fit between the HUGE boobs & the growing belly?? Just wondering
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Oh wait....I've gained more than 12 pounds. I was just adding wrong. lol I've actually gained about 16 pounds at 24 weeks. I got in a 30 minute walk last night and am planning on some yoga and maybe another walk tonight. I ordered a new prenatal yoga DVD that shoud be here tomorrow so I'm excited to get that.
  • Demwitted
    Options
    @Babeed: I plan to steal shirts from larger family members, but I am not quite there yet. :)

I think I'm starting to experience the nausea. I do have a cold, so it is hard to tell if the mild nausea is the cold or the pregnancy... or just nerves. I'm still a little freaked out every once in a while.

I think I'm also starting on my first craving. While I love olives, I should not want them for breakfast.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Good morning mamas!

Well I didn't meet my goal last night. By the time I got home, cleaned up dog pee, had a mini breakdown, and finally primed a piece of furntiture, it was 7 and I didnt' feel like getting on the treadmill. At least I got the first coat on the furniture. So my breakdown has to do with my doggie. She is 14 years old and went to the vet last Saturday. I know she has lost weight and muscle mass b/c she just isn't eating like she used to and she's old. She used to immediately scarf her food down and we have been trying to switch her food up to get her to eat with some success. Anyways, she's lost 14 pounds over 6 months and I got her blood results back yesterday and her enzymes that indicate kidney issues are slightly elevated. She has peed in the house that last 2 days and so I got home and just had a little breakdown. We have found a food she likes so I'm sure we can get some weight back on her. Her enzymes are't THAT high and I have read even with elevated levels, while it does indicate an issue, and probably kidney failure wil ultimately be the end of her, dogs can live for several years after their kidneys begin to decline. I know she doesn't have that many more years to live, but she is like my baby. She is my first dog that has been mine and I've had her for almost 12 years through so many phases of my life and I can't imagine life without her. I know my priorities will shift immensely once the baby comes, but I still hate to think of life without Sydney. She is still healthy and happy and so I know we still have a good amount of time left with her, but yesterday it was just too much for me. I'm going to remain positive and hope she quits peeing in the house (at least she peed on the hard woods that have sub floors) and focus on fattening my old girl up! OK, enough about that.

My back was bothering me pretty badly last night so I kept the heating pad on it for a while before bed. It feels better today. I am glad I am not on my feet all day. I don't think I could do it. I don't know how those of you with jobs on your feet do it. Shoping for an hour wears me out and my back kills. Hopefully yoga on Wednesday will help out some.

Sorry I sound like such a negative Nancy today. I am going to get a little activity in today. I'll be walking to a meeting shortly so that's a plus! And I have my work Christmas party tonight and I get recognized for 5 years so that's good too. Hope you all have a good Tuesday!

-Ashley
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Ashley - I know the feeling about your dog. My little Yorkie, Spike, has shown signs of liver problems. One of this liver enzymes is slightly elevated. He is on phenobarbital for seizures. We are going to switch him to potassium bromide in hopes that will help. He is almost 8 years old and I've had him since he was a little over 1 year old. He is definitely my baby and it breaks my heart to think of life without him. I, like you, know my feelings will change once baby is born, but I still just can't imagine being without him. He also has accidents because the pheno makes him drink more water, therefore pee more often so I sometimes have to clean up a mess when I get home. Luckily we have laminate floors and he typically only goes in the laundry room. Glad Sydney is still active and happy. That's a good sign!! Sending good thoughts your way! :)
  • 9Honey16
    9Honey16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies! Hoping I can join your group :0) Though I do have a confession---I've been following along for the past three months but haven't posted until now(eek! That sounds so creepy stalkerish, sorry! LoL). I absolutely love how supportive you all are of one another and how goal oriented everyone is~ so if you don't mind a creeper I think I'm finally brave enough to join in!

Name: Jane
    Hubby/Partner: Derek
    How many kids do you have: This is our 1st!
    Due Date: June 17th 2012 (Father's Day!)
    How far along are you: 12 weeks 2 days
    Do you know the gender: Keeping it a Surprise :)
    Babies Name: nothing decided yet
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Texas
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Was on modified bedrest for first trimester, so main form of exercise has been walks throughout the day with our dog. Hoping to get some yoga dvds this month and take advantage of the last two months of my gym membership to get some strength training in. Have a bunch of personal trainer sessions left too, so time to put them to good use!
    Fun Fact about yourself: Conceived on our 5 year wedding anniversary!

AFM: So I am excited for this outlet to discuss pregnancy especially since we fairly recently moved to a new state where we don't know anyone yet, and our families are far away on the east and west coasts. Hubby is great about letting me talk his ear off but let's be real it'll be awesome to chat with women experiencing the same stuff! A little about us- we experienced 2 previous miscarriages, one being just a month before this pregnancy. I was on the Fit for Future Families board for a bit but with this pregnancy I was too nervous to post on that board or this board until we hit the 3 month mark :) I lost 20lbs before getting pregnant but am still a ways away from optimal weight so dr has set a 15lb weight gain for me (yikes!)..12 weeks in I've gained 2lbs so far. Had some bleeding early on and actually visited ER while on vacation in Hawaii at 7 weeks which was scary. But now we've seen baby twice and everything looks great and a strong heartbeat! So we are slowly allowing ourselves to get excited and have told our family who are thrilled (first grandchild on both sides, and first great grandchild too!) Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Rosanna - I wasn't super top heavy before I got pregnant (about a 36 - C) but now...wowza it's CRAZY :noway: but also because I'm carrying Mason so high it feels like my ribs are separating and there is a lot of pressure on my sternum so the band that goes around the bottom is what is causing me the most discomfort :grumble: it feels like I have a 50 lb rock on my chest.
    I ended up going to a independent store called Birth Source in my area (which is FANTASTIC by the way) and got a sports-type nursing bra that kind of grows with you - I only bought one it was about $40 and then the lady there told me about "bra extenders" that you can buy at Motherhood Maternity or Thyme that are just extenders for the hooks at the back of your bra! So I think this will be my fix until the baby comes! :bigsmile: I am wearing the new bra today and THANK GAWD! There is way less pressure than yesterday - whew!

Ashley - sorry you had such a rough night last night :frown: I also have a fur baby - my little Sophie she's almost 3 years old and I can't believe how much my husband and I are attached to her, she literally is a member of our family and like our baby. We have had her since she was 8 weeks old, so I think I can somewhat imagine how you feel. Sophie broke her leg at 6 months old and it was such a tough time for us...I can't even imagine when she gets older! I also had a Rottweiler when I was younger who ended up getting diabetes and kidney problems later on...it was really hard. But at least your Sydney is still happy and doing well - just cherish your time with her as much as you can (I know you will) Pets are such wonderful gifts in our lives :flowerforyou:

AFM - last night I actually got a workout in! I went to the Birth Source store to get a new bra - walked in with my existing bra undone and I was completely miserable lol...good times, anyway I found one to tide me over so that was great, but I also found a DVD called Fit Mom and tried it when I got home. It's only 30-35 mins but man is it good! Tons of squats with upper arm workouts at the same time and lunges and pelvic floor exercises. I was sweating a lot more than I usually do! It was a really good workout. Then I found a mint/rosemary bathbomb that I totally forgot about (bonus!) and had a nice bath :bigsmile: then crawled into bed and tried to read my "Natural Hospital Birth" book and man I just couldn't get comfortable :sad: it was so frustrating and I find it really hard to try to read on my side. It just seriously felt like a had a ton of bricks on my chest :grumble: there is so much pressure right now on my sternum...it sucks. My husband came to bed later and gave me a massage to try to help and eventually I ended up falling asleep. Hoping I can figure some sort of positioning that will work for me...because I'm just going to get bigger from here on out and I have 10 weeks left...

Also yesterday I found a free breastfeeding class through Alberta Health Services that I registered for January 17th :smile: So I'm excited about that, I want to try to learn as much as I can because I really want to breastfeed. I'm also waiting for my book to arrive from Chapters: "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" from Le Leche League International. I heard it's supposed to be a really good resource.

I have my chiro appointment at 4:20 today...can't wait! AND I'm hoping to do that DVD again tonight or my yoga DVD

Anyway - I should really get back to work lol...

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Ive been super busy…but wanted to comment on some of today's posts

Ashley – totally understand how hard that is. They do become a part of our family and its so hard to see them go through something like this. Totally sending positive vibes your way and hopefully Sydney gets back on a good track!

Jane – welcome and congrats to you! Nobody minds a lurker :wink:

Rayna – awesome about your new DVD and free breastfeeding class!!! Hubby and I went to our breastfeeding class last night and got SO much out of it!!!

AFM: this past weekend was nuts! we got our tree...picked up the new car (which I am in LOVE with!), went to my parents house for shower invites and stayed over there for the night with my mother in law who proceeded to drink some chocolate martini's and totally fell off her rocker (it was quite interesting!) and then sunday we had our neices play, watched the cowboys game and decorated the tree that night. it went by sooooo fast which always gets me! but kory was not feeling good at all sunday night...really bad head cold so he went to bed right after the tree and when we woke up yesterday i was not feeling so hot. so needless to say yesterday was a tough day because i was so busy at work and i was not feeling good at all. and to top it all off i had a dentist appointment right after work (BOOO!!). BUT...we did have our breastfeeding class last night and it was fantastic!!! we both got so much out of it! it definitely calms the nerves about breastfeeding and prepares me a little more.

other than that...i have been feeling really great...tomorrow is 29 weeks!! i can not believe it!!! time is going by so darn fast! so exciting but so much to do still! i am going to get on the scale tomorrow which i am a little nervous about because i was not able to exercise yesterday and today i will not be able to get much in either. i am feeling good...so hopefully the scale will reflect that!!!

hope everyone is having a great day!!!
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

mistibergman- I am adding you to my list of heros...you did a hell of alot around the house in one weekend. I get my husband to do anything that requires a power tool and measuring...lol... Good for you on getting things done

Ashley - Sorry to hear about Sydney...I don't have any pets but I did have a dog growing up and remember how hard it was when we lost her. It's good to know you have a few years with her still.

Brianna- Welcome... I know it seems like it will be a crazy time with the newborn and your son in the accelerated program but I am sure you will find a way to juggle all of it...somehow it will happen.

Jane - Welcome...I also stalked for a while...but I am glad you came in...

Rayna- good find on the dvd and the bra...I too am having issues so I have been wearing nursing tanks which really don't give me all the support I need so I need to go get some bra extenders.

AFM: After taking the Kids to the Museum on Sunday we were all beat...and then my son soaked through his diaper and ended up in bed with hubby and I Sunday night...needless to say I did not sleep well and had a little hand poking me in the early morning hours on Monday so I moved to the couch where I slept great and missed my am workout. Spent the day indoors with the little one. Did no cleaning though my house needs to be cleaned but I did get some laundry done and baked some bread and played with my little guy so that was nice. Last night I decided to just stay on the couch...and slept great...So today I feel good...made it to bootcamp this am for upper body day...towards the end felt a little short of breath so I scaled it back but it was great. And then the instuctor that I ran with last weekend brought me some thermal running gear as an early b-day present and also because she knows I have been talking about getting it forever...so that was fabulous... I have been looking online for great maternity workout gear...especilly something I can use while jogging that will give me support. Any suggestions?

So workout is done for the day...ok on food so far today...not so good yesterday...doing great on water too, which was hit or miss over the weekend. And I feel re-energized which is great because it's rainy here so it's nice to feel good on the inside.

Alright back to work...hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I just got my other pregnancy workout DVD in the mail! WOOHOO!
    It's the SUmmer Sanders' Prenatal Workout by Gaiam :bigsmile:
    I'm going to try it tonight! YAY
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    Bump for later.

Rosanna
    35 weeks today!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

I found bra extension helps a lot, so I don't have keep buying new bra.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    DAMNIT BABY!!!!!! I went in for my second ultrasound cause they couldnt get a side profile pic and I have to come back fo another! Baby was being stubborn again, I was doing jumpimg jacks tring to move it but nope, nothing :grumble: So back for the third ultrasound in my second trimester, 4th all together. And what really blows is we arent finding out and know weve had so many chances and still do, but nope sticking to my guns, it just feels right for us not to find out.

Ive calculated that Ive gained 23lbs total at 19 weeks...still alot. But better than 27. I have aquasize tonight, walked a bit yesterday. Just tired all the time.

Take care