Living Social McDonald's Deal

Options

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Agree with shanna. Don't ask what you're doing wrong if your diary is filled with pizza hit and mac donald's. Enjoying out once in a blue is one thing, but making it the corner stone of your diet is another.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    There was a time in my life where I would of bought that deal in a heartbeat. Yet I know better now. When I first met my trainer she showed me a McDonald's hamburger that she left out for months.It looked the exact same as the day she bought it and didn't smell at all.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    heart attacks and cancer come from years of bad habits not just eating fast food. Fast food is a part of life since the late 60's /early 70's. Moderation is the key. People have always been fat and over weight. I know too many people who are vegaterians but eat a whole loaf of bread 2/3 times a day. That's not a plan for success either. A lot of people would lose more weight and be honest with their food diary if people were honest that a big mac every couple of months is NOT the end of the world. I'm so over this topic b/c people are not being realistic.

Having grown up in the 60's and 70's I can tell you that much of this is only partially true (at best). In 60's and 70's fast food was not a part of life as it is now. Fast food "restaurants" were much more scarce back then, and many mothers did not work so a home cooked meal was the norm. Buckets of KFC were probably the most often eaten fast food, and those were usually eaten at a picnic. And sure, there have always been some fat people, but in the 60's and 70's there were far fewer, especially amongst children. This is likely due to the difference in the number of home cooked meals then vs. now. I could name every overweight child I ever attended school with because there were only a handful of them. It was that rare to be a fat kid back then.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Hello Myfitnesspals!

Today Living Social posted a deal for 5 Big Macs and 5 Large Fries for $13! SMH and people wonder why the US is the fattest country! Just because you get more doesn't mean it's better. I better not see any of myfitnesspals buying that deal!

Love ya!
    Lauren

Getting back on track here.... if any one of my friends ever said they better not see me buying that deal, I would drop them just for saying that. I mean, really.... My friends know better and Hell some of my friends are friends with me, because they know the way I choose to eat and can keep this figure.

I wouldn't defriend someone for eating fast food lol IRL or on here.
    Do to your body what you want. Hell, I don't know if I'd have any friends left if I felt that they had to agree with me on food

The ONLY time I'll become a nazi about it is when a friend specifically asks me what I've down to lose weight or what they should do. I tell them, with the disclaimer that its an ongoing process. Fast food is no temptation to me at all, except subway veggie subs, but dark chocolate with almonds are! LoL We all have our vices. But when they ask for help, I offer, I'm trying to work with them b/c THEY ASKED and then they continue to do what they were doing. Don't whine about being "fat" and then go eat junk. Simple as that.

See, I don't have nor have I ever had that issue. But, I eat everything in moderation, if I finish it to begin with. I have the whole my eyes are bigger than my stomach syndrome all of the time.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Agree with shanna. Don't ask what you're doing wrong if your diary is filled with pizza hit and mac donald's. Enjoying out once in a blue is one thing, but making it the corner stone of your diet is another.

This - sometimes does not mean every few hours, or every few days. I don't at all think I can eat junk food all day every day and get the body that I want. I agree that I could lose weight if I kept the calories low enough, but I wouldn't look the way I want in the end. Healthier, fresh foods give you much more satiety and nutrients than the junk.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Do you know what they put in canned goods when they first started to mass market them? There was sawdust and animal droppings and probably more than that in the foods. To this day, questionable chemicals are used on the cans used in the canning process. Cocaine used to be in the recipe for Coca Cola.

Ahhh - the good old days.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong withhaving fast food sometimes. Its a part of life.

Its a part of life for Recent generations. It was NOT a part of life for the older generations...I think we'd be doing just fine if we didn't have fast food. Very curious to what the obesity rate would be if fast food places didn't exist. Justa thought

If it wasn't fast food restaurants, it would be something else. Do you know what they put in canned goods when they first started to mass market them? There was sawdust and animal droppings and probably more than that in the foods. To this day, questionable chemicals are used on the cans used in the canning process. Cocaine used to be in the recipe for Coca Cola. My thought is that there is no one thing that is the cause to obesity. There are more and more chemicals in our foods and more and more hormones. There are dangerous medications in our water supply that we drink, bathe in, cook with and swim in. More and more of what is available in the store is chemicals to eat than actual food. Kids are kept inside. Instead of playing outside for 10 hours a day in the summer, they play video games and watch tv. There isn't always a parent around, most families have to have all of the adults working now. This leaves the kids time to eat food that they wouldn't be able to snack on with a parent around. Lots of causes.

I agree with you completely on this. You're right there would be something else
    Even without fast food places the obesity rate would be the same. Why? Because people are inherently lazy. Why do you think so many inventions were made in the name of "efficiency"
    So more work could be done in less time and with less effort.

I will also agree with this....we've become a very lazy society as a whole...yes. OVERALL, not pointing anyone out specifically, we are a society of instant gratification. Yes.

**see, people can have healthy (no pun intended) conversation over an obviously much heated debate. :wink:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I just don't know how people eat it and not get sick from it.
    Perhaps because your opinion of it being poison is incorrect.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options

This - sometimes does not mean every few hours, or every few days. I don't at all think I can eat junk food all day every day and get the body that I want. I agree that I could lose weight if I kept the calories low enough, but I wouldn't look the way I want in the end. Healthier, fresh foods give you much more satiety and nutrients than the junk.

Thank you

And I look at a brownie too look and my pants shrink for some reason :noway:

Like I said in another post, we all have vices. I have a serious problem with homemade baked goods and dark chocolate...good cheese and good wine LOL Put a platter of gourmet crackers, cheese, some fruit, dark chocolate and a bottle of red wine...oh dear lord I may orgasm just a little. Homemade brownies, cookies, breads....pie...flippin LOVE PIE! A platter of big macs, no temptation...haha The other stuff I have to be VERY CAREFUL to keep in moderation. This past month I didn't....guess what, I gained weight lol I could blame the holidays, but I won't. I could blame a lot of things...but I made the choice to put the food in my mouth. I don't wonder why I gained weight...I know...I"m working on correcting that :wink:

Perhaps because your opinion of it being poison is incorrect

I still think it's poison, at the very least for me it is. However, its NOT for me to judge how others eat. I have been judgemental of that in the past and I really shouldn't be. Its your body...do with it what you will and I will do what I want with mine.
    It frusturates me to no end how much my family picks on me about what I will or won't eat....so it is WRONG me of me to do it to others. I will agree to disagree on that subject.
  • EarthquakeZinGirl
    Options
    Mcdonalds is gross. I hope you realize that people come here to avoid temptatuin and support. Taunting their weakness for having a trigger due to this thread is cruel and insensitive. Instead of apologizing you jk more and suggest they eat a burger. Of course they could see an advertisement but it doesnt reply to their thread teasing them about a choice fir themselves. Go eat you greasy hamburgers and fries and we will give you weight loss tips next week when u cant figure iut y u are still fat. Moderation my a@#. Have fuuuun with that

I certainly hope that none of these people are watching TV, looking at billboards as they drive down the road, or have the misfortune to pass a Mickey D's on the way to the gym. If the typed description of a coupon deal is enough to send them into a fast food frenzy, imagine what happens when they are bombarded with the actual visual!

Really people, lighten up. If someone is going to completely sabotage their diet because of this little ol' thread, then they had very little chance for success to begin with.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    However, its NOT for me to judge how others eat. I have been judgemental of that in the past and I really shouldn't be. Its your body...do with it what you will and I will do what I want with mine.
    Agreed. Live and let live, I say. :drinker:
    It frusturates me to no end how much my family picks on me about what I will or won't eat....so it is WRONG me of me to do it to others.
    Wait a minute, didn't you just say... :noway:
  • _LoseHere
    Options
    Take a look at my result

me.png

Just used _h_t_t_p_://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options
    However, its NOT for me to judge how others eat. I have been judgemental of that in the past and I really shouldn't be. Its your body...do with it what you will and I will do what I want with mine.
    Agreed. Live and let live, I say. :drinker:
    It frusturates me to no end how much my family picks on me about what I will or won't eat....so it is WRONG me of me to do it to others.
    Wait a minute, didn't you just say... :noway:

I have been guilty of harping on people before....UNTIL I experienced it for myself. My family thinks I'm crazy b/c there are certain foods I won't eat and have no desire to. (yes, I actually get picked on and judged b/c I choose to NOT eat fast food...personal preferance) Since, then I try and take the above approach that to each their own on what they do with their body. I know how it has upset me so I don't want to do that to someone else. It may seem silly but goes back to that "treat others how you want to be treated" philosphy.

I will be the first to point on my faults and I have been at fault at not respecting other's food choices. I want them to respect mine and the easiest way to me to receive respect, is to be willing to give respect.

Also, I feel it should be possible for people to have a conversation about this topic with a mutual respect for one another. I have lacked this in the past and I am correcting it now.

:flowerforyou:
  • _LoseHere
    Options
    This will help you to lose weight http://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
    Take a look at my result

me.png

Just used _h_t_t_p_://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I don't want to hear anyone bashing on McDonald's if you still drink alcohol. At least Mickie D's has a little nutrional value. What's the value of half a dozen rum and coke other than it just being awesomely fun?

Wine has healthy antioxidants. Rum and coke may have no nutritional value but drinking any type of alcohol in moderation has been shown to have overall health benefits. Nutrients are not the only thing needed for health.

Oh, so Mc Donalds in moderation isn't ok, but alchohol is? I use to run a bar, and I hardly ever saw people drink in moderation, if they did we would have 1/10 of the bars that we have.

I never said or implied anything about what is "ok". What people do and what is healthy are different subjects.

Alcohol in moderation has been shown in peer reviewed clinical studies to have health benefits. Do you know of any studies showing something similar for McD food?
    I'm sure there are thousands of peer reviewed studies showing the health benefits of eating protein, and vegetables, and carbs...
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

how am I the troll? Also, pretty sure its against member rules to wish harm on others.... But, thanks for playing! :flowerforyou:
    She's jealous of your hot bod Bry. It's usually that way with jealous females.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^ Bry has a kick *kitten* body:)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    a4058c9c.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't want to hear anyone bashing on McDonald's if you still drink alcohol. At least Mickie D's has a little nutrional value. What's the value of half a dozen rum and coke other than it just being awesomely fun?

Wine has healthy antioxidants. Rum and coke may have no nutritional value but drinking any type of alcohol in moderation has been shown to have overall health benefits. Nutrients are not the only thing needed for health.

Oh, so Mc Donalds in moderation isn't ok, but alchohol is? I use to run a bar, and I hardly ever saw people drink in moderation, if they did we would have 1/10 of the bars that we have.

I never said or implied anything about what is "ok". What people do and what is healthy are different subjects.

Alcohol in moderation has been shown in peer reviewed clinical studies to have health benefits. Do you know of any studies showing something similar for McD food?
    I'm sure there are thousands of peer reviewed studies showing the health benefits of eating protein, and vegetables, and carbs...

Probably so, but not what I asked.
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I ate McDonald's cheeseburgers for lunch........................and still lost a pound from my vacation food debacle last week.
    Wondering if I should eat a Big Mac today...................

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

DEAR GOD I HOPE YOU'RE KIDDING ABOUT THE CHEESEBURGERS...