Living Social McDonald's Deal

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I ate McDonald's cheeseburgers for lunch........................and still lost a pound from my vacation food debacle last week.
    Wondering if I should eat a Big Mac today...................
    DEAR GOD I HOPE YOU'RE KIDDING ABOUT THE CHEESEBURGERS...
    DEAR GOD I HOPE YOU'RE KIDDING ABOUT ASKING IF HE'S KIDDING ABOUT THE CHEESEBURGERS...

Yes, it can be done.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I don't want to hear anyone bashing on McDonald's if you still drink alcohol. At least Mickie D's has a little nutrional value. What's the value of half a dozen rum and coke other than it just being awesomely fun?

Wine has healthy antioxidants. Rum and coke may have no nutritional value but drinking any type of alcohol in moderation has been shown to have overall health benefits. Nutrients are not the only thing needed for health.

Oh, so Mc Donalds in moderation isn't ok, but alchohol is? I use to run a bar, and I hardly ever saw people drink in moderation, if they did we would have 1/10 of the bars that we have.

I never said or implied anything about what is "ok". What people do and what is healthy are different subjects.

Alcohol in moderation has been shown in peer reviewed clinical studies to have health benefits. Do you know of any studies showing something similar for McD food?
    I'm sure there are thousands of peer reviewed studies showing the health benefits of eating protein, and vegetables, and carbs...

Probably so, but not what I asked.

Oh that's right, you're the one who thinks that beef and vegetables magically lose all of their nutritional value because they happened to be purchased by McDonald's instead of some other purveyor of food. It's still an illogical stance that's completely false.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    big-mac-box-bottom-lg2.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't want to hear anyone bashing on McDonald's if you still drink alcohol. At least Mickie D's has a little nutrional value. What's the value of half a dozen rum and coke other than it just being awesomely fun?

Wine has healthy antioxidants. Rum and coke may have no nutritional value but drinking any type of alcohol in moderation has been shown to have overall health benefits. Nutrients are not the only thing needed for health.

Oh, so Mc Donalds in moderation isn't ok, but alchohol is? I use to run a bar, and I hardly ever saw people drink in moderation, if they did we would have 1/10 of the bars that we have.

I never said or implied anything about what is "ok". What people do and what is healthy are different subjects.

Alcohol in moderation has been shown in peer reviewed clinical studies to have health benefits. Do you know of any studies showing something similar for McD food?
    I'm sure there are thousands of peer reviewed studies showing the health benefits of eating protein, and vegetables, and carbs...

Oh that's right, you're the one who thinks that beef and vegetables magically lose all of their nutritional value because they happened to be purchased by McDonald's instead of some other purveyor of food. It's still an illogical stance that's completely false.

Still has nothing to do with what I asked. But thanks for playing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options

DEAR GOD I HOPE YOU'RE KIDDING ABOUT THE CHEESEBURGERS...
    Why because fast food is the devil?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    big-mac-box-bottom-lg2.jpg
    25 grams of protein? Dang, got to remember that if I come in low for the day.

IDEA Fitness member
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I hope this thread never dies.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options

BUMP!! :bigsmile:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

MrBump.jpg
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I just want to know at what McDonald's do you get that deal? I want that deal too!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I just want to know at what McDonald's do you get that deal? I want that deal too!
    Google "living social" for the deal in your area. :drinker:
  • Bill4444
    Options
    I did see it, I drooled all over my keyboard and said to myself, JUST SAY NO. I passed on it. :sad: :sad:
  • invu
    invu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten a fast food burger (mcdonalds, bk, carls jr, etc) in about 6 years. lol. Don't plan to start now that I'm watching what I eat. xP
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Haha, great answer. Because I've disproved whatever it is you're hoping to prove. I certainly hope that EVERY meal you cook is backed up by a scientific, peer reviewed study that the entire meal exactly as you prepared it is healthy for you, since you already admitted that showing that ingredients and individual components of meals having health benefits doesn't matter.
    This board really needs an eye-rolling smiley...
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I haven't eaten a fast food burger (mcdonalds, bk, carls jr, etc) in about 6 years. lol. Don't plan to start now that I'm watching what I eat. xP
    That's nice. Give your coupon then.................

IDEA Fitness member
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm having half a pizza tonight (DiGiorno Buffalo Style Chicken :love: ), just I did at least once a week, every week, since I began losing weight almost a year ago.

I'm at my goal weight, but going on maintenance gave me a whole extra 200 calories to play with every day... it's not the difference between starving and binging.

If you're hungry all the time and feel like you're on the verge of being derailed at any moment, you should probably reexamine your weight loss plan. You don't have to feel deprived to have great success.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If you're feeding 5 people---that's a heck of a deal.

McDoubles or just the single cheeseburgers aren't a bad calorie sacrififce!!
  • bcattoes
    Options
    If you're feeding 5 people---that's a heck of a deal.

How is that a good deal? You could buy the ingredients to make more than 5 big juicy burgers and homemade french fries for the same money.
  • bcattoes
    Options

Haha, great answer. Because I've disproved whatever it is you're hoping to prove. I certainly hope that EVERY meal you cook is backed up by a scientific, peer reviewed study that the entire meal exactly as you prepared it is healthy for you, since you already admitted that showing that ingredients and individual components of meals having health benefits doesn't matter.
    This board really needs an eye-rolling smiley...

What is it you think I was "hoping to prove"? A guy said McD was healthier than alcohol. I have yet to see anything from him or you to back that up. Insults aren't proof of anything, other than perhaps personality flaws.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    q_o People.

If I weren't a vegetarian, I would probably be throwing back a few Double Quarter Pounders (can't we cal them half pounders even though they lose some weight during cooking), some fries, and a parfait. Hell, I still eat the parfaits and drink the smoothies. Cheers.