Also. Panty lines at the gym.

Options

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    are people really that insecure about themselves that they have to validate their existence by mocking people who choose not to care what others think about what they wear?

FFS it's just underwear. If it bothers you so much, why not keep your eyes (and opinions) to yourself?

I wear underwear. It's how i'm comfortable. I prefer to keep a barrier between my body and my clothing of choice. Why does the subject warrant a 5 page long topic? People do not go to the gym for your viewing pleasure.

And further more, I don't wear makeup either. There are lots of people who don't - so the the lovely person who said:
    panty lines can be excused if everything else is in place (proper makeup, hair done, fashionable workout clothes). just don't set foot in the free weight area where men are working.

You do not determine nor do you set the standards for the rest of the world. If a woman has *GASP* "PANTY LINES" without make up and the "fashionable" attire I guess you'd be all shunning/banishing/stoning her? Seriously - there are BIGGER problems in this world

And should we not hold men to these same standards? This is not the 1950's, a woman does not have to be dolled up and perfectly coiffed to appeal to any man she may come across.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    panty lines can be excused if everything else is in place (proper makeup, hair done, fashionable workout clothes). just don't set foot in the free weight area where men are working.

I wear makeup to the gym. Uhm... not because I slept in my makeup from the night before or anything.... :blushing:
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    it happens, but not to me, because I only wear thongs everywhere.

Yes!

I don't think anyone was mocking (at least not in the first few responses I was reading through). It sounded like a casual observation to me.

I don't think "proper makeup" and the rest cancel out VPL. I will throw that out there.
  • lilyflor
    lilyflor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    For a second there I thought it said "panty liners" lol I don't notice other girls and if I do is not their panty lines, I don't check if you can see mine, not my problem, don't like them? don't look lol
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I don't care and I don't care if you care. :grumble: . I'm there to workout, anyway I need to, in order to get the job done. I ain't dressin up for you. Or anyone there.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    are people really that insecure about themselves that they have to validate their existence by mocking people who choose not to care what others think about what they wear?

FFS it's just underwear. If it bothers you so much, why not keep your eyes (and opinions) to yourself?

I wear underwear. It's how i'm comfortable. I prefer to keep a barrier between my body and my clothing of choice. Why does the subject warrant a 5 page long topic? People do not go to the gym for your viewing pleasure.

And further more, I don't wear makeup either. There are lots of people who don't - so the the lovely person who said:

You do not determine nor do you set the standards for the rest of the world. If a woman has *GASP* "PANTY LINES" without make up and the "fashionable" attire I guess you'd be all shunning/banishing/stoning her? Seriously - there are BIGGER problems in this world

And should we not hold men to these same standards? This is not the 1950's, women do not have to be dolled up and coiffed to appeal to any man she may come across.

Seriously it was just a joke. Calm yourself. No one gives a flying **** if you are wearing comfortable underwear or not.

Panty lines are noticed. Why? Because people have eyes and can make observations. In between sets if I see a chick near me and notice panty lines I might think "hmm panty lines" then go about my lifts. Not like we sit there and make fun of them in our heads and laugh for 15 minutes.

Its like seeing whale tale in public. You look, **** your head to the side, and forget about it
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I start out w/ panty lines but 10mins into the workout my butt has swallowed them so then I don't. It's like magic lol one minute it is there and the next it is GONE lls
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

LOL I didn't think anyone would take my reply seriously. Where is that sarcasm tag :tongue:
    Options
    I start out w/ panty lines but 10mins into the workout my butt has swallowed them so then I don't. It's like magic lol one minute it is there and the next it is GONE lls

LOL! Okay this was hilarious xD
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Wtf is a whale tail???
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread caused more anxiety than the fat p**** thread... LOL. Seriously?? I don't care!!! I care more about whether someone's going to laugh at my form when I'm lifting, or whether my groin is going to give out on me when I squat again.
    Options
    Ever seen someone bend down or have a short shirt on and you can see their thong? Kind of looks like a whale tail xD
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Really?

If someone is staring that hard at my fat @$$ .... They can deal with the VPL.

I wear big old granny panties to the gym.
    I agree with you on this one....
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    '

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    I don't care!

So glad I go to an women-only gym!

+ 100000000000000000!!!!

Not all pants can be worn without pnaties unfortunatly. :-(
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    VPL is hot.
  • seanian
    seanian Posts: 103
    Options
    It can be nice from time to time but its like a split second distraction... Ask about the girls wearing lacey thongs in Yoga class though....
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

We have a winner!
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thongs with jeans.

Commando everywhere else.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I almost never wear undies
    That means your pants have to soak up the leakage....

Am I the only person who remembers the purpose of underwear?